January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A friend of mine was a lifelong Liverpool fan (though he liked us too because he loved Hoddle). Now he supports Bristol City. He said he was embarrassed by all the Suarez / King Kenny / pro-racism shirt stuff. Plus he just hated the money aspect of the Prem.

Then again, he switched off his TV and phone at 3-0 down v Milan in the CL Cup final and missed everything, so he’s a bit of a melt.
I just had a thought that maybe its all because there's too much footie on tv now. And if you dont get to see the game "live" all the goals are repeated time and again. You could literally watch at least 1 match a day if you wanted to opposed to when I was a kid all you had was "Match of the Day" and "the Big Match", the only live game being the FA Cup final. God I'm old!!!!!!

For above.

Qatar 2016/2017 and... I would not be happy with just any corporation.
Got it apologies for being slow. As some posters gave started talking about the world cup, I think FIFA should be ashamed of themselves for awarding the world cup to both Russia and Qatar. I think only countries that have good human rights records should be considered

Just a question would you swap Kane for Ronaldo AND Bale. not going to happen, just for fun

Not of today because Ronaldo at 33 has 1 or maybe 2 years and needs to be fed the ball and Bale is injury prone.

I actually believe there is a dearth of quality strikers at present so Kane's worth goes up by default.

Last edited:
Agree with everybody saying no

interesting MDG says yes, am wondering why?

Why? I love Kane but come on, Ronaldo and Bale?! You'd all be setting your knickers. ;-)

I wouldn't swap Kane for Bale and some cash though and hope Harry is at the club for the rest of his career.

I honestly didn't think this position would be that controversial. Consider me educated. :-(

Back
Top Bottom