Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think "too easily" is harsh
We are at the upper end of the league and only one team has turned us over all season
If we had maintained a fit team all season we would be even higher. My personal feeling is Lamela wouldn't get much playing time.

We've been without Toby , Wanyama and Rose near enough all season and are playing 38 away games this season it's not really that hard to work out why were further away this year.

People are all over the place mate, I wouldnt bother.
A player cant be critiqued because "hes only 21" (even though Onomah was deemed shit but thats ok), and Lamela, under all the circumstances you just mentioned is also fair game for a good kicking.
Onomah is not shit - just not good enough for us

I think "too easily" is harsh
We are at the upper end of the league and only one team has turned us over all season
If we had maintained a fit team all season we would be even higher. My personal feeling is Lamela wouldn't get much playing time.

It is too easy though....park the bus and we're fucked.
One team has turned us over? We've lost 5 games

As for Lamela, the point is we dont have a fully fit squad for a whole season, and they are not always in form.
The problem is not our back up, its the manager refusing to drop his favourites even when they're playing crap.....competition for places outside the full backs is a myth.

So far it’s genuinely sad to see Lamela’s level of performance since return compared to how he was in 15/16 season. He was terrific then. He’s regressed post injury to 14/15 version if not worse. It’s hard to watch a pro footballer at the tail end of a career so young.

It is too easy though....park the bus and we're fucked.
One team has turned us over? We've lost 5 games

As for Lamela, the point is we dont have a fully fit squad for a whole season, and they are not always in form.
The problem is not our back up, its the manager refusing to drop his favourites even when they're playing crap.....competition for places outside the full backs is a myth.
So do you think we need a new manager - and if so, who?

Give him time. He’s a great player.

But he’s been out for a long period playing no competitive football.

It has to have an effect on his performance.

Lamela is not and never will be a great player unless great has been redefined.

But he provides something different no doubt.

Had he been sharper or been playing more regularly he would have scored yesterday.

Bizarrely for a player of his quality I feel he does the harder things easier than the seemingly more straightforward.

Ok Im going to play this game too, because its so not pointless and fucking stupid.

Do you wish Kane buried that chance at the end yesterday? Ok, you do! But he messed it up. Do you think we need a new striker? Who should we get in?

:avbfacepalm:
Don't be so paranoid. You have made multiple references to things he does wrong, in your opinion.
So if he is making repetitive mistakes, presumably you'd like someone who doesn't, so I'm asking you who you'd prefer. You're not the only one on here to make the same observation.

It's a simple enough question.
Edit
Wrong thread though, forget it or take it to the Poch thread.

are you going to get hung up over spelling or make a point ?

A typo is a typo. You used it repeatedly.

Wasn’t having a pop, but if you’re going to support a club you could at least bother to learn the names of the players. It’s not as if they’re not literally printed on their shirt and repeatedly written in the press and on sites like this.

A typo is a typo. You used it repeatedly.

Wasn’t having a pop, but if you’re going to support a club you could at least bother to learn the names of the players. It’s not as if they’re not literally printed on their shirt and repeatedly written in the press and on sites like this.
they might be printed on their shirts but DELE has also had ALLI on is shirt so if he dont know which name why should I (only joking your right apologies to all) but does that make the point invalid

they might be printed on their shirts but DELE has also had ALLI on is shirt so if he dont know which name why should I (only joking your right apologies to all) but does that make the point invalid

I think he started off as Alli, but changed it to Dele to disassociate himself from his dad.

Anyway, I’m being hypocritical. By the time I learned to spell Bentaleb he’d left.

And you’re right, spelling certainly doesn’t make your point invalid. Dele’s an incredibly talented player, but he needs to turn more of his average games into good games. In my eyes he’s still a raw talent. I suspect the stats would show him outperforming Gerrard and Lampard at the same age, so I’m willing to be patient.

I think he started off as Alli, but changed it to Dele to disassociate himself from his dad.

Anyway, I’m being hypocritical. By the time I learned to spell Bentaleb he’d left.

And you’re right, spelling certainly doesn’t make your point invalid. Dele’s an incredibly talented player, but he needs to turn more of his average games into good games. In my eyes he’s still a raw talent. I suspect the stats would show him outperforming Gerrard and Lampard at the same age, so I’m willing to be patient.
Fully agree but as a young player with that amount of potential should not mean that he gets a free pass if he plays badly, If he's not subbed/dropped where is his motivation to improve ? Ii seems to me that poch uses the same scapegoat i.e. Son whenever we play badly even thought he could sub others. What is your view on using Dele in a deeper position if we get Lucas or similar ?

Lamela is our Wheelchair you'll occasionally see glimmer of a player that could a bit special and enjoy his commitment and appetite for the game , he will enjoy good form in fits and starts and you'll always wonder what could be but ultimately he will never live up to his potential and step up a level and find consistency . Woolwich harbour or have harboured quite a few of these over the years Walcott, Ramsay, Wheelchair , Welbeck and others I'd rather we cashed in Lamela now instead of keeping around the fringes for another 3 or 4 years to play sporadically doing a woolwich.
Reminds of Darren "sicknote" Anderton, amazing how history repeats itself

Fully agree but as a young player with that amount of potential should not mean that he gets a free pass if he plays badly, If he's not subbed/dropped where is his motivation to improve ? Ii seems to me that poch uses the same scapegoat i.e. Son whenever we play badly even thought he could sub others. What is your view on using Dele in a deeper position if we get Lucas or similar ?

In agreement on both points really.

When he’s going through bad patches I think he’d be a good option from the bench. Yes he can conjure a goal out of nothing, but so can Son. It’s more of a squad strength issue.

As for playing deeper, I think Dele was at his best when partnered with Dier in the centre. Seems like the key to our squad improvement. Upgrade on Dembele, or move Dele there and strengthen our attacking forwards. I do love Dembele though.

He’s clearly not up to his level he was at before he went off on his career break.

Hope he does come good again, can’t afford another couple of years to hit his stride again like the first time!

In agreement on both points really.

When he’s going through bad patches I think he’d be a good option from the bench. Yes he can conjure a goal out of nothing, but so can Son. It’s more of a squad strength issue.

As for playing deeper, I think Dele was at his best when partnered with Dier in the centre. Seems like the key to our squad improvement. Upgrade on Dembele, or move Dele there and strengthen our attacking forwards. I do love Dembele though.
Love love love Dembele but at 31ish and lots of niggling injurys how long can we rely on him to perform consistently for a whole season. Hows this
Dier/Wanyama Dele
Lamela ? Erickson Son
Kane
But that leaves us short on bench for attacking changes

Back
Top Bottom