Your opinion on these ex Spurs players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As an outsider looking in, what are your opinions on the following players?

Could be ability wise, or just their time overall at the club.
  • Darren Anderton
  • Sol Campbell
  • Robbie Keane
  • Jermain Defoe
  • Aaron Lennon
  • Tom Huddlestone
  • Michael Carrick
  • Wilson Palacios
  • Dimitar Berbatov
  • William Gallas
  • Rafael van der Vaart
  • Luka Modrić
  • Gareth Bale
  • Emmanuel Adebayor
  • Nabil Bentaleb

• Darren Anderton - Ledge
  • Sol Campbell - SUPERCUNT
  • Robbie Keane - meh
  • Jermain Defoe - ledge
  • Aaron Lennon - meh
  • Tom Huddlestone - should have done better. Liked the pies too much
  • Michael Carrick - meh
  • Wilson Palacios - Love him. Proper gent - that story of him waiting in the lobby all night to make his excuses to Harry after his brother was killed brings me to tears
  • Dimitar Berbatov - cunt
  • William Gallas - cunt
  • Rafael van der Vaart - Love him, don’t care what anyone else says
  • Luka Modrić - privileged to have had him
  • Gareth Bale - privileged to have had him
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - LOL
  • Nabil Bentaleb - cunt

It’s a very eclectic mix you’ve picked there ..

• Darren Anderton - Ledge
  • Sol Campbell - SUPERCUNT
  • Robbie Keane - meh
  • Jermain Defoe - ledge
  • Aaron Lennon - meh
  • Tom Huddlestone - should have done better. Liked the pies too much
  • Michael Carrick - meh
  • Wilson Palacios - Love him. Proper gent - that story of him waiting in the lobby all night to make his excuses to Harry after his brother was killed brings me to tears
  • Dimitar Berbatov - cunt
  • William Gallas - cunt
  • Rafael van der Vaart - Love him, don’t care what anyone else says
  • Luka Modrić - privileged to have had him
  • Gareth Bale - privileged to have had him
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - LOL
  • Nabil Bentaleb - cunt
It’s a very eclectic mix you’ve picked there ..
Just out of curiosity, why Berbatov cunt and modric priviliged ? They did sort of the same thing to us no ?

Just out of curiosity, why Berbatov cunt and modric priviliged ? They did sort of the same thing to us no ?
Not to my recollection. Modric never refused to play to my knowledge, stayed an ‘extra’ Season in the end & didn’t go to a PL rival. Had he gone to the Blue Scum like he wanted to he’d be ‘cunted’ by me

Plus Modric is/was a class above anyway, imo, so more difficult to begrudge him the move

Finally I’ve met him (post move) & he said the nicest things about Spurs

• Darren Anderton
  • Sol Campbell
  • Robbie Keane
  • Jermain Defoe
  • Aaron Lennon
  • Tom Huddlestone
  • Michael Carrick
  • Wilson Palacios
  • Dimitar Berbatov
  • William Gallas
  • Rafael van der Vaart
  • Luka Modrić
  • Gareth Bale
  • Emmanuel Adebayor
  • Nabil Bentaleb
Anderton - excellent player could have been one of the first names people remembered from his era injuries killed him
Sol - Cunt
Keane - solid servant done very well for us should never have come back - better than Defoe imo
Lennon - Had his moments but terrible end product and never learnt to strike a ball properly
Huddlestone- 1 good season but honestly think he was one of the most overrated players I've ever seen easy on the eye but such a liability due to his laziness
Carrick- One of the most underrated players of his era was great for us
Palacios - exactly what we needed when he first signed faded instantly after his bro died was never gonna be that memorable if that didn't happen.
Berba - loved him the only player who I've seen who can be that nonchalant and brilliant at the same time is Cantona with more dedication and a better workrate he could have been one of the very best
Gallas - done a job but never liked him
VDV - great big match player and best impact signing we ever made still think we let him go at the right time
Modric -best first team signing we ever made in the premier league era possibly ever incredible player
Bale - made the difference so many times just a revalation and should go down as a spurs legend outstanding player
Ade- overall a good signing never hated him never loved him always thought he was a good player pity he downed tools so often in his career
Bentaleb - good prospect that never kicked on, great business to get 17m for him

Ok then...
  • sicknote. A replacement for Waddle and a very close facsimile - though not close enough. Would loved to have seen him in a better Spurs side rather than the one that grew gradually more shit during the 90's
  • judas/scum - what do you want people to say about this tosser? ok, I'll try for an objective view - a powerful, dominant centre half unfortunately playing in a back four consisting of Carr, Edinburgh and Perry; in front of either walker or Sullivan and always behind a porous midfield. Questionable psychological profile, bordering on meglamania and a definite narcissist. A fucking Tory to boot
  • Pretty good. Part of a nucleus that led THFC out of the wilderness. Shit goal celebrations
  • He's a yiddo. Prolific. Shouldn't have sold him first time around...
  • Tricky, pacy winger who had opposition centre defenders shitting themselves as he skipped toward and into their penalty box. Couldn't cross the ball.
  • Hoddle's heir apparent - just didn't quite work out for him. Too big? Too slow? Lovely range of passing and a traction engine shot...
  • Hoddle's heir apparent. Man United snaffled him up and he had his best years there
  • Excited when he first joined. A colossus who I/we hoped would do the Makalele bit for us just when the DM was becoming fashionable. faded badly
  • Beautiful feet, grace, class and could finish. Just wasn't one of us. Appreciated his time here but just didn't quite feel Spurs - and therefore legend (if you get my drift)
  • Turncoat mercenary. Cried on the pitch playing for Woolwich. Best years playing for Chelski. Did a job for us. no more than that
  • A throwback to another era. Couldn't run, couldn't jump. Seemed overweight. BUT had rock star quality. Made things happen. Unfortunately not around long enough
  • We made him the player he is today!! Class in every way. Our loss was Real's gain but i'm not sure we can blame him for going....
  • Destroyer of worlds when on-song (lets forget the first 20-odd appearances). Always felt he was off at some stage, so therefore see Modric sprinkled with a bit of Berba. Will never forget the destruction of both Milan's
  • See Gallas (but even more of a clown)
  • Wasted talent

• Anderton - Sicknote moniker was a bit unfair, was great for us, classy player.
  • Campbell - Never to be mentioned.
  • Keane - Great partnership with Berbatov, wanted to become an honorary Dipper and soured everything.
  • Defoe - Loves us and we love him.
  • Lennon - Was a joy to watch in his pomp plus the only tripod to play for us that i know of.
  • Huddlestone - Technically great but expected so much more. Didn't like getting on the scales, tubby sod.
  • Carrick - Think he could have become a legend for us but was out the door as soon as it opened.
  • Palacios - Loved him, came in and tackled anything that moved. Very sad personal circumstances.
  • Berbatov - Great player, joy to watch but agitated to get out of the door. Hard to hate him.
  • Gallas - Not bothered.
  • Van Der Vaart - Flawed individual but was a perfect fit for us. Love him despite his faults.
  • Modric - One of the best players i've seen for us but a rat faced cunt.
  • Bale - Became a world class player and fucked off to his boyhood club. Fuck him.
  • Adebayor - There will be a book about him, complex character.
  • Bentaleb - Only rumours but it seemed he got a bit to big for his own boots. Oh well, who gives a shit really.

• Darren Anderton - Didn't watch him long enough to really form much of an opinion
  • Sol Campbell - Cunt.
  • Robbie Keane - Loved him at the time and what he brought to the team, but hate the way in which he left. Could have left a fan favorite but fucked it all up.
  • Jermain Defoe - I like to think that somewhere, right now, that he's offsides. I still really like him and enjoy it that he's still making an impact.
  • Aaron Lennon - Absolutely right decision for him to go and I'm sad that it turned out the way that it did. Loads of potential and I'm glad that he's in a better place now.
  • Tom Huddlestone - All I see are sideways and backwards passes.
  • Michael Carrick - Lost him too quickly to see his real potential for us.
  • Wilson Palacios - Good work rate and provided exactly what we needed at that particular time.
  • Dimitar Berbatov - There is no other player I've come to love and then hate so much in such a short period of time.
  • William Gallas - I appreciate him and what he did for us. Never really felt Spurs to me, but I respect the work he put in for us and gave us a little leadership and experience that we needed.
  • Rafael van der Vaart - Still remember his signing day and love to see him still rooting for us. He was a difference maker when we needed one the most.
  • Luka Modrić - He's a rat-faced cunt, but still the best passer I've ever seen at Spurs.
  • Gareth Bale - He went from a LB who was considered a jinx to one of Europe's most potent attacking threats and could turn a game on its head by sheer work and drive. Then his head got bigger than his ears and fucked off to Madrid. Not sure why people would want him back.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - He still has my favorite goal celebration ever (even if not for us) and I feel more bad for him than anything. He was as equally talented as he was lazy and arrogant, but I fear his personal issues really took a toll on him.
  • Nabil Bentaleb - Looked like he was going to be our midfield leader of the future, but couldn't live up to his expectations.

• Darren Anderton - Sicknote
  • Sol Campbell - Judas
  • Robbie Keane - Boyhood club
  • Jermain Defoe - Offside
  • Aaron Lennon - Shaved eyebrow
  • Tom Huddlestone - Wrong era
  • Michael Carrick - Lasagna
  • Wilson Palacios - Brother
  • Dimitar Berbatov - On strike
  • William Gallas - Woolwich
  • Rafael van der Vaart - Scoring against Woolwich
  • Luka Modrić - Too good for us
  • Gareth Bale - Carried us
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - Monies
  • Nabil Bentaleb - Sherwood

• Darren Anderton - Tottenham legend, loves the club. That'll do me.
  • Sol Campbell - Repulsive
  • Robbie Keane - Scored loads and genuinely loved Spurs.
  • Jermain Defoe - Great player and a decent bloke too.
  • Aaron Lennon - Tottenham through and through...remember his goal v the c word ha ha fucking great.
  • Tom Huddlestone - Technically gifted
  • Michael Carrick - Coal mining cunt
  • Wilson Palacios - Hard working
  • Dimitar Berbatov - Mercenary cunt - probably Levy's fault though
  • William Gallas - Cunt
  • Rafael van der Vaart - Another THFC legend
  • Luka Modrić - See previous post
  • Gareth Bale - Single handedly saved us many times Ugly fucker.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - Cunt
  • Nabil Bentaleb - Cunt

• Darren Anderton - Sicknote
  • Sol Campbell
  • Robbie Keane - Boyhood club.
  • Jermain Defoe - Offside.
  • Aaron Lennon - First touch.
  • Tom Huddlestone - Tekkers.
  • Michael Carrick - A huge loss.
  • Wilson Palacios - Tragic.
  • Dimitar Berbatov - Squirrels.
  • William Gallas - Meh.
  • Rafael van der Vaart - Tracing paper hamstrings.
  • Luka Modric - Missed.
  • Gareth Bale - Never a left back.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - Salute.
  • Nabil Bentaleb - Wasted.

• Darren Anderton - was let down by the coaching/backroom staff at the time.
  • Sol Campbell - left to progress his career, way he did it was cunitish.
  • Robbie Keane - scored a lot of goals, never really connected with him.
  • Jermain Defoe - top class player, always gave his best for us and in fact every club he played for. Should have more England caps than he has.
  • Aaron Lennon - Very over rated by the vast majotity.
  • Tom Huddlestone - Superb player. Best passer since Hoddle, badly used at Spurs.
  • Michael Carrick - Did ok at Utd.
  • Wilson Palacios - Pass.
  • Dimitar Berbatov - Class player however, the sulking will forever tarnish his time with us in my opinion.
  • William Gallas - Despite his Woolwich background, did a steady job for us.
  • Rafael van der Vaart - Decent player. Would have loved to have seen him join us a couple of years earlier.
  • Luka Modrić - Good player, did some sulking too however, decided to stay an extra year rather than go to Chavs and got a move to Madrid, so not as badly thought of as Berbatov.
  • Gareth Bale - Able to run really fast with the ball. Progressed into a much more complete player at Madrid.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor- Was unplayable when he could be bothered. Sadly he couldn't be bothered most of the time.
  • Nabil Bentaleb - Had the potential to be a top class player. Still only in his early 20s.

• Darren Anderton - Legend, seems like a decent bloke.
  • Sol Campbell - Cunt
  • Robbie Keane - Like him, did well for us.
  • Jermain Defoe - Legend
  • Aaron Lennon - Loved him as a player, despite his limitations. Did meet him once and seemed like a bit of a dick, maybe that was to do with his personal issues.
  • Tom Huddlestone - Cult hero, should of done better. Met him a couple of times in Leeds when he was at Hull, good bloke.
  • Michael Carrick - Great player, should have been an England regular.
  • Wilson Palacios - Don't really have an opinion.
  • Dimitar Berbatov - Wonderful player, gutted when he left.
  • William Gallas - Hated him when he joined, always gave his all so don't really have an issue with him. Clearly liked living in London.
  • Rafael van der Vaart - Seems like a twat, but enjoyed his time at the club.
  • Luka Modrić - One of the best midfielders in the world, deserved to win things for his talent.
  • Gareth Bale - Not a legend, but loved him when he played for us. Hated how he left, now fairly ambivalent.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - Twat
  • Nabil Bentaleb - Disappointed it didn't work out, now don't care.

Love love love super Robbie Keane...what a player!
Gotta lot of love for Lennon and also van de vart
Lots of players on the list I enjoyed watching play but don't hold a place in my heart like the ones I mentioned above.

I also loved sol Campbell....controversial I know and sure I will get some abuse but throughout his time in the club I thought he was great.

• Darren Anderton - one of my first heroes
  • Sol Campbell - Hitler
  • Robbie Keane - Incredible talent, leaving us hurt his career.
  • Jermain Defoe - Legend on and off the field. Unlucky to be in a side with Berba and Keane but will be remembered for longer and more fondly than both.
  • Aaron Lennon - was a good servant given his limited ability. Scored some big goals. Wish him all the best.
  • Tom Huddlestone - great technique, not fit enough to start regularly.
  • Michael Carrick - we need him now, was our best player before he left, used us as a stepping stone.
  • Wilson Palacios - battler, nice guy, feel sorry for him for how his career went after the tragedy. Mediocre player.
  • Dimitar Berbatov - Genius. Could of played for anyone in Europe on his day.
  • William Gallas - Hated the signing, grew fond of him after Woolwich away and Milan at WHL. Still Woolwich though.
  • Rafael van der Vaart - love love love him. Still wish he never left.
  • Luka Modrić - wish he didn't act up before he left but he was too good for us and deserved a move. He was already one of the best cm's in the world.
  • Gareth Bale - Nothing but love for what he did in a Spurs shirt. Hope and pray he never wears another premier league teams shirt.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - mercanary, wasted talent. Owner of the best goal celebration of all time.
  • Nabil Bentaleb - It looked so promising, still baffled as to what went wrong.

Surprised how many are a bit meh on Carrick. Didn't stay long enough to be remembered that fondly but an absolutely fantastic footballer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom