Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Suarez plays as a wide forward often for Barca on the right side not as an out and out all the time. If I was putting Mbappe in the team it would as a striker at the expense of Kane and for me he ain’t as good as Kane.

Strange. He doesn't play as a striker. But fair enough.

There's quite a few players I'd change in your team. But opinions are opinions.

Citeh fans. I don't think I have read such utter disdain from a group of fans. That said they are owned by evil, so it goes without saying they have turned into monsters. I don't know how they live with themselves. Read Red cafe and you will read mostly positive stuff about Kane. Indeed Most fans support and at the very least respect his achievements. Citeh fans are disgusting human beings.

The Harry Kane Team 2017/18
Plastic club breeds plastic fans

Pure Roy of the Rovers stuff. When I was younger I remember the great feeling of Barmby Breaking through from the youth team, only for Fowler to pop up and Barmby’s career to go South (well...North). Then Owen came along.

Been on the Kane-Train since the very beginning. That’s almost entirely due to a former poster on SC called Raxcallion who used to watch the youth team regularly and never shut up about how amazing this kid was going to be. Early on I thought he had shades of Sheringham and David Hirst. I certainly never anticipated what we’re seeing now though.

That pass to Son was sublime and shows he’s a hell of a lot more than a goal machine. He’s truly special. That third goal today was Messi-esque. The timing, composure, and technique with the dink was a joy to watch. The guy has so many tricks in his locker. He’s evolving so fast that I think there’s a very real possibility that he might grow wings and the ability to teleport.

On top of all of this he’s a consummate professional, has an old head on young shoulders, and is one of our own. Dreamland.

What he has achieved in 3 years..

DR-tW7QWAAEULYp.jpg

Also crazy that in April this year he only had 20 league goals and already this season he has 18..

Despite not scoring in August, I still thought he had taken a step up. Looking unplayable at the moment. Nearly got us level against Citeh out of nothing as well.

My word, just realised that he'll make it four seasons in a row scoring 20+ league goals at the same time he overtakes Teddy in our all-time PL goalscorer charts.

Who was the last striker to achieve that consistency?
:sonhmm:

Pretty sure we haven't had anyone since Greaves in the 60s who's scored 20+ league goals four seasons in a row and I think Greaves only managed four years.

Over the course of the last 12 months:
ter Stegen
Alves - Ramos - Umtiti - Marcelo
Thiago - Modric
Mbappe - Messi - Neymar
Kane​
I would have DeBruyne instead of Mbappe and Rabiot ahead of Thiago.
Your team is a bit Harlem Globetrotters.

Very lucky, he does so much more than score though, his passing and hold up play is world class. There is not one team on earth he wouldn’t be first 11, no other player we have you can say that.

His pass through to set Son up today was inch perfect, with bend, cutting out the defenders, such a shame Son didn't put it away. Thing is Kane makes a pass like that every game nowadays, he is the all round player. The only area where Kane needs to work on his game is direct free kicks. If he can perfect that he can add four or five goals to his tally each season.

Just heard someone say quite seriously that Harry needs to join Real Madrid because it would be good for English football.

I presume this person has 2 brain cells.

Is anyone worried about a bid of around £150mil or so from Real or Barca in the summer? Double his money to play for one of the world's top clubs.

Would Levy and/or Kane give it consideration?

Back
Top Bottom