West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh... Your own comments (to which i responded earlier above) directly portray that you view this place as little more than somewhere to vent your anger/dissapointment... A stance your have stated on numerous occasions in tbe past too.

(Let's not pretend i am simply expressing an aversion to alt. or negative opinions... Afterall, my post-match isnt exactly briming with praise... As i already stated i think your smart enough to see beyond your own "little ol me" protestations.)
Fair enough. Although it'll take me some time to get over your unwillingness to be associated with my type comment

Ffs.

Stop repeating media shite, it only serves to give it 'weight'.

The media want us to go back to being a nice little cup side, one that rarely troubles the big boys, doesn't care challenge for anything important but every now and then get a day out at Wembley.

We've had enough 'days out' this season to last a lifetime and it really ain't all that. Poch has his eyes on bigger prizes but some fans are still too 'small time' and think we're only capable of a domestic cup.

With that kind of thinking....

The new idea is that Spurs have to walk before they can run, win the Caribou or Woolwich Cup before being able to win the PL or the CL. More nonsense, bullshit thinking.

I was there last night, I'm disappointed we lost especially as we looked so comfortable at half time. This Sat we have a big game with an even bigger one to follow.

West Ham in the Caribou Cup is small fry by comparison and always will be.
Lets reconvene here this time next week then cup cake.

No club in the universe would put a '2nd place trophy' on their list of their major honors. Carabao Cup on the other hand, . . . . . .

Is an outdated bun fight that clutters up an already exhausting season. If you don’t want to finish 17th you’re better off out of it. It shouldn’t have major status when everyone - even clubs in the lower divisions - play their reserves.

We've got a lot of recent previous in throwing this competition at home in the early rounds in derby games.

2010 - Round 3 - Lost 4-1 to Woolwich
2013 - Round 5 - Lost 2-1 to West Ham
2015 - Round 3 - Lost 2-1 to Woolwich
2017 - Round 4 - Lost 3-2 to West Ham

Other away defeats to Stoke, Norwich and Liverpool recently.

Of course all of these hurt. And the manner of last night hurt a lot. The reality is though that Poch doesn't give a shit about this competition. That is reflected in the team selection and the performances.

We weren't trying when we went 2-0 up. It just seemed to happen. Like a training ground exercise. We kept the same attitude 2nd half and they got back into it. We were certainly were not properly trying for a winner.

Competition needs to be made optional in my opinion.

We've got a lot of recent previous in throwing this competition at home in the early rounds in derby games.

2010 - Round 3 - Lost 4-1 to Woolwich
2013 - Round 5 - Lost 2-1 to West Ham
2015 - Round 3 - Lost 2-1 to Woolwich
2017 - Round 4 - Lost 3-2 to West Ham

Other away defeats to Stoke, Norwich and Liverpool recently.

Of course all of these hurt. And the manner of last night hurt a lot. The reality is though that Poch doesn't give a shit about this competition. That is reflected in the team selection and the performances.

We weren't trying when we went 2-0 up. It just seemed to happen. Like a training ground exercise. We kept the same attitude 2nd half and they got back into it. We were certainly were not properly trying for a winner.

Competition needs to be made optional in my opinion.

Agree with all apart from the last bit. If you made it optional you may as well jack it in completely because you'd lose well over half the teams.

Back
Top Bottom