New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just out of interest, are we allowed to move part way through the season? Say January?

I'm a pessimist so don't think we've got a cat in hells chance of getting it ready, what with the pitch, sign-offs and I have a feeling the roof might be a bit more than 'drop it on'. Saying that, they're not new developments, they knew these always had to happen and would factor it in. They would also factor in a degree of bad weather over winter impacting the schedule. What they can't account for is a problem in the supply chain - those are the things that will kick the schedule out which are beyond our control.

When will we have to take our option out for an additional season at Wembley? Think this will be the first sign things are behind schedule (if they are).

TBF, it's a massive project so to think it can all be complete within 18months is pushing it...

If the roof goes up in January/early February, we are on time. If not, maybe not. A genuine ITK suggests that we are within range of on time, meaning that everything will be completed before the season, but maybe closer than originally planned.

And you can bet that Levy will request the first home fixture to be pushed back a far as possible to allow extra time. I suspect the first match will actually be after the international break, similar to what Liverpool did last year.

just out of interest, are we allowed to move part way through the season? Say January?

I'm a pessimist so don't think we've got a cat in hells chance of getting it ready, what with the pitch, sign-offs and I have a feeling the roof might be a bit more than 'drop it on'. Saying that, they're not new developments, they knew these always had to happen and would factor it in. They would also factor in a degree of bad weather over winter impacting the schedule. What they can't account for is a problem in the supply chain - those are the things that will kick the schedule out which are beyond our control.

When will we have to take our option out for an additional season at Wembley? Think this will be the first sign things are behind schedule (if they are).

TBF, it's a massive project so to think it can all be complete within 18months is pushing it...

No. You have to play all 19 home league games at the same stadium.

If we are late by a day - we are late by a year.

WYa2Rn7.jpg

hyiFCPl.jpg

U78sGnh.jpg

sAz8z5Y.jpg

dwhMqF9.jpg

Ox2quTQ.jpg

KjbNtmX.jpg

w6p0Wvr.jpg

lmHjufc.jpg

DbFGMQj.jpg

mjOuFHk.jpg

a9yZTSO.jpg

cpAaqyy.jpg

OcnWLuB.jpg

55YsmGb.jpg

Gp94D8x.jpg

WM6wYIV.jpg

aNOKtLF.jpg

If we are late by a day - we are late by a year.
Not really. If we are late by a day, we ask the league to play our first game away. If we are late by a month, we ask for the first four to be away. I’ve a feeling any longer than a month, we’d be in for another season at Wembley, but up to that, we’d get away with.

Liverpool did it when their new stand wasn’t ready. West Ham do it if they have a Tweenies concert or the Junior Shot Putt Championships on.

It's a little confusing to me how absolutely anybody could look at those pictures and think we're way behind. We have about 10 months before the start of next season.

Here's what the stadium looked like 10 months ago:
zH1EzdV.jpg

And now, from a similar angle:
DbFGMQj.jpg

It's a little confusing to me how absolutely anybody could look at those pictures and think we're way behind. We have about 10 months before the start of next season.

zH1EzdV.jpg

DbFGMQj.jpg

Does anyone have a rough idea about how much the increase would be if/ when safe standing is brought in? If it gets up for 65000 that would be class and a job perfectly done!

zH1EzdV.jpg

DbFGMQj.jpg

I was gutted to see the old ground pulled down, ok it was not the same shelf and Paxton from the 60's and 70' but it was a place that was always special, even after 30 years of going to games I would still get that buzz and silly warm feeling upon seeing the ground on match days, but I am now looking at the new WHL taking shape and I grin every time, I can not wait to watch spurs playing there.

Another spurs fan pointed out that after a year at Wembley going back will feel that extra bit special, I agree.

Back
Top Bottom