Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never once suggested selling him in January. That's exactly what the fat shit wants. I want to see him rot in the reserves until the summer and "miss" his chance to go to Russia which is by far the biggest punishment the club can give the player for what he did.

He could have easily dislodged our whole season, in a weird stadium, all because he's fucking jealous of Kyle Walker. Danny Rose has shown himself to be a classless cunt and in return I hope the club shows him the same class because no player is bigger than their employer.

As for your players of that quality don't grow on trees, you're 100 percent right. Had we not signed Poch, Danny Rose would be playing for Bournemouth at this point in his career. Great players don't grow on trees, great managers nurture them.
Well he's certainly not going to rot in the reserves, so I suppose you'll just have to continue to be upset about that. There's no way the club is going to destroy a player's value simply to score points because they gave an interview that pissed you off. That's ridiculous - a) we would lose significant money on Rose b) we'd look like petty little cunts and our recruitment policy would start going as well as Spam's.

Who the fuck is going to put their career in jeopardy like that? Grow up.

Its all down to him now I guess...
If he gets back into the team, and plays WELL... (even if he's only playing for a move) then most will accept him back into the fold... for the greater good.

However, if, on his eventual return, he plays like a moody cunt who will only pass to a teammate after 'Googling' them first, to see if they're worth passing to... then woe betide him and his ill-advised comments!

Well he's certainly not going to rot in the reserves, so I suppose you'll just have to continue to be upset about that. There's no way the club is going to destroy a player's value simply to score points because they gave an interview that pissed you off. That's ridiculous - a) we would lose significant money on Rose b) we'd look like petty little cunts and our recruitment policy would start going as well as Spam's.

Who the fuck is going to put their career in jeopardy like that? Grow up.

Who's going to put their career in jeopardy like that? Danny Rose. That's who. The fact any club would want to touch Danny Rose after him giving an interview of that vane is quite shocking in general, except for the fact it reeks of Jose Mourinho.

Facts are this though, Danny Rose won't lost value by not playing for another 6 months. Clubs won't bid top dollar for him because he's been vocal about wanting out.

As for grow up? Fucking suck me you self righteous cunt. Like your opinion is the only opinion that fucking matters. Danny Rose won't be accepted back by the majority of the fans and we've done pretty fucking well without him. Why would the club choose to keep playing a player who is seen as the second coming of judas?

Who's going to put their career in jeopardy like that? Danny Rose. That's who. The fact any club would want to touch Danny Rose after him giving an interview of that vane is quite shocking in general, except for the fact it reeks of Jose Mourinho.

Facts are this though, Danny Rose won't lost value by not playing for another 6 months. Clubs won't bid top dollar for him because he's been vocal about wanting out.

As for grow up? Fucking suck me you self righteous cunt. Like your opinion is the only opinion that fucking matters. Danny Rose won't be accepted back by the majority of the fans and we've done pretty fucking well without him. Why would the club choose to keep playing a player who is seen as the second coming of judas?
Didn't Mourinho pull similar shit with Ashley Cole?

It's incredible that people seem to think that the likes of Danny Rose and Kyle Walker are world beaters. They're good players who happen to play for a manager who has a habit of making all his full backs look world class.

Christ, Callum Chambers, Luke Shaw and Nathaniel Clyne all looked like they were going to be world class players under Poch.

First crunching tackle and the cry will go up "Danny Danny rose Danny danny rose" if he plays well he'll be accepted back Tottenham fans love his desire, talent and simple kick assness. Madness to consider him in the same breath as Judas. We even accepted Sherringham back.

Last edited:
...the second coming of judas...

Ladies and gentlemen, we are entering the Hyperbole Vortex...

giphy.gif

Except there doesn't seem to be any indication whatsoever that anyone wanted to buy him, nor that the club were at all interested or contacted regarding selling him in the summer. He gave an interview, made himself look like a cunt, and apologized....thats pretty much it.

Hardly Judas come back. I said grow up because you're acting like a schoolboy whose favorite player has just said he plays for money and not the badge. Football isn't as romantic as you want it to be, but that's no reason to throw your toys out and banish a player, ruin his value, and make the club less attractive to other players. This is why the good clubs are run by objective professionals, and not emotional supporters.

It's incredible that people seem to think that the likes of Danny Rose and Kyle Walker are world beaters. They're good players who happen to play for a manager who has a habit of making all his full backs look world class.

Christ, Callum Chambers, Luke Shaw and Nathaniel Clyne all looked like they were going to be world class players under Poch.
This, however, I will agree with. Rose isn't irreplaceable, neither was Walker. I have the utmost confidence that if necessary, and given adequate time to find a suitable and recruitable replacement, Poch will secure and train another great LB.

But trying to replace a player who has been wildly successful in the squad, in January when his value is lowest, in a season where the club is legitimately contending for silverware as a vendetta is madness. Better to bring him back, work him into shape, let him go to the WC as England's first choice LB - and then, if the club so wishes, sell him for £60M and buy in a left sided Aurier for half that.

Sell him or bring him back into this squad and let him play and rotate.

None of this 'let him rot', I don't think that benefits anyone

Here we go........Danny’s favourite rag. Although this little EXCLUSIVE lol will make you laugh. The big hint is because he’s not in the Spurs calendar!!!!
:dembelelol:
Fucking loads aren’t in it, Davies, Aurier, Sanchez anyway when I saw the the fat Millwall ginger Cunt and the one and only Custis have penned it then what you gonna do but laugh. The fact it has taken two of them to write makes the mind boggle. Enjoy.....

Here we go........Danny’s favourite rag. Although this little EXCLUSIVE lol will make you laugh. The big hint is because he’s not in the Spurs calendar!!!!
:dembelelol:
Fucking loads aren’t in it, Davies, Aurier, Sanchez anyway when I saw the the fat Millwall ginger Cunt and the one and only Custis have penned it then what you gonna do but laugh. The fact it has taken two of them to write makes the mind boggle. Enjoy.....

“People will say it doesn’t look good for Danny but the fact he has not played this season means there are no images of him in our new Nike kit that could be used in the calendar.”

End of this non story right there.

“People will say it doesn’t look good for Danny but the fact he has not played this season means there are no images of him in our new Nike kit that could be used in the calendar.”

End of this non story right there.

Interesting, i've not seen the calendar but are they action shots? If this is the case it makes perfect sense. Also great bit of PR to push calendar sales, never has a calendar got so much exposure. I can imagine the conversation went something like this:

Main stadium builder: Mr Levy, this safe standing is gonna cost an additional £50m

Levy: Hang on i've got an idea

PR lady: Yes Mr Levy, I understand you want me to leak that Rose isn't in the 2018 calendar, for sure anyone with an ounce of intelligence will know it's because there are no action shots but the Sun are beyond stupid and will run this story for weeks

Levy: Hi, we're good to go on the new safe standing, i've just secured another £50m

Main stadium builder: Wow how did you do that so quick?

:levylol:

First crunching tackle and the cry will go up "Danny Danny rose Danny danny rose" if he plays well he'll be accepted back Tottenham fans love his desire, talent and simple kick assness. Madness to consider him in the same breath as Judas. We even accepted Sherringham back.

ffs can we put this Sherringham bullshit to bed once and for all. He wanted to stay, asked for a longer contract than was being offered. Sugar was to blame being clueless in thinking Teddy only had a year or two left in him.

Anyone remember the vitriol when Rose got offered a new contract in 2014:

Danny Rose signs new five-year contract with Tottenham

He proved a lot of people wrong, but it shows that many fans base their opinion of a player based on their performances. So i'm pretty sure all this "i'll never forget what he done to us" & "judas mk 2" (seriously? WTF?) diatribe will go away once he almost breaks his neck again trying to reach a rebound.

I often wonder what goes on in peoples lives that they feel the need to invent these batshit scenarios and then start pillorying players over the fruits of their fertile imaginations.

As soon as you lot (the fantasists) accept that the people who play for the team do so because they are professional footballers and not myopic spurs fans, the easier it will be for you to live with the transfer system.

Hating a footballer because of BS in the mirror/sun/star/mail is a waste of your time

I often wonder what goes on in peoples lives that they feel the need to invent these batshit scenarios and then start pillorying players over the fruits of their fertile imaginations.

As soon as you lot (the fantasists) accept that the people who play for the team do so because they are professional footballers and not myopic spurs fans, the easier it will be for you to live with the transfer system.

Hating a footballer because of BS in the mirror/sun/star/mail is a waste of your time
Where's the hate? It's ridiculing the paper (and it's two Jorno's) that wrote the article, no hate on the player whatsoever!

Back
Top Bottom