New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't see us playing in it until September. Pretty sure DL will ask Premier League, like West Ham this year, to play first 3 games away then there will be an international break. Hope i'm wrong as would love it to be opened on a balmy August afternoon just can't see it.

I reckon they'll just make it playable and able to be used and then finish it off during breaks, even if they have to do a reduced capacity or something

I reckon they'll just make it playable and able to be used and then finish it off during breaks, even if they have to do a reduced capacity or something

Can just imagine the half time, everybody who goes to get a drunk will be asked to bring a piece of stadium back with them to add to the top

I was lured by the pretty pictures of the south sand. Good lord it will marvellous. All the jealous Spammers and chavs moaning and making hilarious ‘don’t need a trophy room hur hur hur’ comments just make it even sweeter.
It's pretty pathetic how often that joke has been made since the new stadium was announced. It's like fart jokes in grade school. Some daft drunk thought he was clever and now the humourless knuckledraggers parrot that lame line incessantly.

In fairness, I agree with them. We don't need a trophy room, rather we should fit a case at the away fans gate so that they have to march embarrassingly past the silver Poch piles up in the coming years. I'd also fit one of those stock market tickers above the gate to report live figures of their deficits, so they'll understand that not only are they getting shat on on the field, but off it as well.

Alan Brazil saying this morning that he heard from someone that there's not a hope it'll be ready to go by next season. He was told there's no way it'll be completed and pass safety in time for the season.

Alan Brazil said on talk sport this morning that he has it on very good authority that the stadium will be nowhere near finished by the starts of next season. I'm sure he said he has heard it will only be 60% complete.

Alan Brazil saying this morning that he heard from someone that there's not a hope it'll be ready to go by next season. He was told there's no way it'll be completed and pass safety in time for the season.
And all the people working on the build saying they are ahead of schedule are just liers and cheats.

Brazil would have been talking to the old players like Maxy Miller & Ozzie
don't think he would have spoken to the works managers
yes still lots to do, but not sure what effect a good/bad winter will have on the works ?
remember it will have to be finished long before season starts to get safety cert's and run tests with supporters getting in/out
maybe fall back position is to open with a 35-40K capacity ?
for me the problem will be getting the astro and rolling pitch installed
seats should be lifted in by crane as fitted on rows, roof will be lifted on,
fitting out should be easy enough as its a new build

Can't see us playing in it until September. Pretty sure DL will ask Premier League, like West Ham this year, to play first 3 games away then there will be an international break. Hope i'm wrong as would love it to be opened on a balmy August afternoon just can't see it.

The stumbling block is if we finish 4th and have to play CL qualifiers - you can't move those

Really? Defending the Mail?

Oh dear.
Have to agree that the mail is by and large an awful paper only sometimes compensated by the sports section.

The photos are the ones from the club website yesterday so you can see them there comment free. Having said that I skimmed through the first few and they were largely complimentary, including a sensible Liverpool fan applauding what we are doing.......always said I liked those bin dippers!

Back
Top Bottom