Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His comments certainly were not a dig at players like Ben. He Saadi that he had competition in his position, so why shouldnt others. I took this to mean he felt Ben Davies was strong competition for his position.
Fair enough. I think that’s right having read the article again. It doesn’t get any prettier when you read it a couple of months later though. Point still stands that he’s publicly slagging off the squad, drooling over United, City & Chelsea when he should have been concentrating on getting fit & offering support to his team mates. Cos he has been doing fuck all else for the best part of a year. In fact, it sounds even more mardy to say “I’m the only one with competition for my position, nobody else has to fight for their spot...wahhhhh”!
:dier:

You don't need to reply to every single post you disagree with, that's how useful the disagree button is. You should try it sometimes.

Does make you look like a twat that can’t debate the point, or that you don’t actually know what your point is.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I will stick to debating points I find interesting with people whose opinions I respect even if I don’t agree with, & leave you to your little x’s because you can’t articulate why you disagree with someone.

:lennon:

Last edited:
You're entitled to your opinion. But I'm far from the only Spurs fan who would happily see Danny Rose never play for us again. By playing him we're practically saying "even our ninth best player is bigger than the badge."
Can hear my mother now, cut off your nose to spite your face. That's a small club mentalitity, a bitter reactionary outlook akin to some shit orange small handed monkey.

Fire sell one of the best players in the world at his position only a month or two after he regains fitness and has shown his quality and value, simply because he gave an interview and said something unflattering? That's simply small-minded and petty, the sort of thing a petulant child does - not the chairman of a billion £ organisation. We didn't freak out and shit the bed over Modric, we won't over Rose. And We'll be much better off for it in the end.

We'll not let Danny rot in the reserves, we'll not sell him in January like a piece of rubbish, and we'll certainly not 'just buy another backup leftback' - you can't just buy Danny Rose's at the corner shop. Thank god that isn't how we operate, if it were we'd still be bottom half, worried about relegation, and staring at bankruptcy.

has anyone in this board seen Sessegnon play week in and out? Totti allegedly but he's now in the bin scouting the Slovakian league.
An 18 year old from a championship side who most often doesn't play can't just walk into the runners up squad

Why not?

#Dele

....Not like he'd be relied upon to be first choice anyway.

Can hear my mother now, cut off your nose to spite your face. That's a small club mentalitity, a bitter reactionary outlook akin to some shit orange small handed monkey.
Actually, it's the complete opposite of small club mentality. Sir Alex Ferguson, the most successful manager in football history, was notorious for selling players for indiscretions. No matter how good or iconic. Jaap Stam, David Beckham and Roy Keane.

This happened at the biggest club in the world by the greatest manager in the world at the height of their success.

Last edited:
one of the best players in the world at his position only a month or two after he regains fitness and has shown his quality and value,
He’s got to do all those things first though Will.
It will be interesting to see how quickly he gets fit & whether he gets much game time to prove his quality & value.
Personally, im not so sure he will be anything more than back up when Ben needs a rest.
It’s going to be a long road back to redemption if Poch’s form book is anything to go by. I think of that Ricky Lambert story from the Poch thread- giving them double training when Lambert “had a word” about players needing an easier routine in first training session after a match. Nice one Mauricio. Who’s the boss??
Behind those smiling eyes & charming persona, Pochettino is one ruthless bloke.

Dele is an attacking player, defenders come in the fold later. Dele was a star coming in, Sessegnon has a few goal and good press. We can't count on him to be second choice LB

Depends on alternatives on the market at our time of need. Doesnt seem that radical to me though considering our 'buy em young' policy. Especially at FB; given Poch's track record, wouldn't one want him on board asap if he is someone we genuinely see as a progressive, 'must have' purchase?

He’s got to do all those things first though Will.
It will be interesting to see how quickly he gets fit & whether he gets much game time to prove his quality & value.
Personally, im not so sure he will be anything more than back up when Ben needs a rest.
It’s going to be a long road back to redemption if Poch’s form book is anything to go by. I think of that Ricky Lambert story from the Poch thread- giving them double training when Lambert “had a word” about players needing an easier routine in first training session after a match. Nice one Mauricio. Who’s the boss??
Behind those smiling eyes & charming persona, Pochettino is one ruthless bloke.
He certainly has to come back and prove his worth, and there's no guarantee after his layoff He'll still be what he was - but it'd be foolish to sell in January is the point, unless the club can see he's not going to get his form back. We won't get the return in January that we'd get in June - theres just no need to sell.

For all the 'fuck off Danny' people? How would you feel if he went to united and did incredibly well any maybe won the league? We cannot sell to united! What kinda message does that send! Welcome Danny back and support him. He made a mistake, apologied, it was forgiven by Poch, he was punished. Case closed

For all the 'fuck off Danny' people? How would you feel if he went to united and did incredibly well any maybe won the league? We cannot sell to united! What kinda message does that send! Welcome Danny back and support him. He made a mistake, apologied, it was forgiven by Poch, he was punished. Case closed
We'll see if it was really forgiven by Poch. I doubt it. As others have said, I'd bet he'll be second choice to Davies.

I agree that it's problematic to sell to a rival. Sell abroad and if he's not happy with that offer a loan to Leeds so he can see his mum and play for a big northern club.

At any rate I trust Poch to handle a difficult situation in a way which is in the best interests of the club.

We miss Rose. He’s a valuable asset and brings something that Davies can not offer.
Davies has his own qualities that Rose can not offer.
Both are very good.
We would have a tough time filling Roses space.

If he stays he stays.
Rose, Lamela, Wanyama and Dembele all fit we have a seriously strong team.
I’m excited to see him return.
He’s been a very naughty boy and he now has to work hard and let his football talk.
If he wants to go, we will get big money for him and no doubt will invest it wisely.
Until then we need to get behind him. He’s Tottenham.
Jeering him will only make things worse.
Showing him a bit of love and supporting him will be exactly what he’s not expecting and can only be better for us as fans and a club.
He’s got a point. Harry Kane could say the same. There were plenty of fans at games giving him a hard time.
Rose had just been converted to a LB and silly cunts were abusing him.
Rose took it personally.
Sissoko has had the same.
It’s not right.

I don't think anyone has said they want him sold to United.

He certainly has to come back and prove his worth, and there's no guarantee after his layoff He'll still be what he was - but it'd be foolish to sell in January is the point, unless the club can see he's not going to get his form back. We won't get the return in January that we'd get in June - theres just no need to sell.

I never once suggested selling him in January. That's exactly what the fat shit wants. I want to see him rot in the reserves until the summer and "miss" his chance to go to Russia which is by far the biggest punishment the club can give the player for what he did.

He could have easily dislodged our whole season, in a weird stadium, all because he's fucking jealous of Kyle Walker. Danny Rose has shown himself to be a classless cunt and in return I hope the club shows him the same class because no player is bigger than their employer.

As for your players of that quality don't grow on trees, you're 100 percent right. Had we not signed Poch, Danny Rose would be playing for Bournemouth at this point in his career. Great players don't grow on trees, great managers nurture them.

Actually, it's the complete opposite of small club mentality. Sir Alex Ferguson, the most successful manager in football history, was notorious for selling players for indiscretions. No matter how good or iconic. Jaap Stam, David Beckham and Roy Keane.

This happened at the biggest club in the world by the greatest manager in the world at the height of their success.
But, Fergie has since said that selling Stan was the biggest mistake of his career. He also admitted to mismanaging the Beckham situation.

Just because he did those things doesn’t make it right.

I miss him terrifically. Davis has done well, but Rose is different class

I think that this is the issue

If Rose and Davies are playing to their best who would you pick?

No contest for me and let Poch sort the discipline side

He's said in his autobiography that Stam's transfer was nothing to do with the book. Beckham and Keane were both sold due to direct and public (within the squad) confrontation and challenges to the manager's authority - not at all relatable to Danny having a whinge. Beckham was angling for a move anyway, and his fame and value had outstripped his ability and worth on the pitch - it was a brilliant time to sell, anyway. Keane had reached the end of his career anyway, and injuries had lessened his impact to the squad - it clearly didn't hurt United to let go of Keane to save face for Ferguson. And both were midfielders, imminently easier to replace, and neither were really arguably the best in the world at their positions at the time they were sold.

Back
Top Bottom