Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We all dream of a team of Harry Kane's

I might have a straightener with Pochettino to determine who loves him the most.....although I reckon MoPo is a bit handy in a tear up.

I might reconsider...

All things considering. The shoddy pitch, the home support giving our players shit whenever possible and missing 7 starters, one last minute. This was a fully well deserved result. We got control of the game after the 2-0 goal even if Apoel got some chances as well. Which is not that surprising, they are in the CL for a reason and did the same against Madrid. And this was their home turf.

Now bring on Huddersfield

So I guess the worst case scenario now is that Dortmund win the next two against these lot (not a certainty) and we lose both against Real (not a certainty) and that would leave Dortmund in the driving seat as the last game is at their place, but even then it would be in our hands till the last game so great position to be in at this stage.

edit: actually, that's not right is it, we have another game against Apoel as well, and Dortmund another against Real. So even if Dortmund won the next three, if we won against Apoel in the final match day then we'd finish level on points assuming Real beat Dortmund again. What's it come down to after that? GD, then head to head or other way around?

Not a vintage performance - well other than a certain centre forward on the books.

Thought Winksy and Sissoko had decent games as well. We do have to stop pissing about with players in the wrong positions though, it never goes well so what exactly is the point of it? Id rather a yoof player come in who knows his position than put square pegs in round holes

Such a great result all things considered.
Bold selections from Pochettino, who also wasn't scared to change it again. Bit of a makeshift team really, but the lads did great. Bit lucky at times in first half, but luck is needed sometimes. Got to expect the opposition to have some threats, its the Champions League.
Winks looked very silky at times, he is gonna be great. Sissoko again proving why Pochettino keeps the faith in him. Kane is just ridiculous, what a player.

Fantastic stuff after some shakey moments. Credit to Pochettino for seeing that Sissoko-Aurier wasnt working, I'm not the former's biggest fan but he looked a lot better with Trippier behind him. Great stuff from Winks too and a lovely cameo from young Georgiou. Props to Davinson too.

Not sure GN'K is going to make it mind.

Back
Top Bottom