Apoel Nicosia v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks will start as well I think, he's able to dictate play with his passing and movement.
Meh, I think if we want to go with an attacking line up then, as stated earlier, Winks doesn't offer enough in attack and I feel like Dier can keep us ticking if he hits any type of form (Which we haven't seen in a while to be fair). I could see it happening, but i'd be disappointed.
Could potentially see Sissoko and Son off of Kane
This would literally reduce us to two attacking threats in the entire team, Kane and Son. Sissoko can barely assist, never mind score, and he's doing well in a CM role that relies on brute force and movement. It would be incredibly easy to shoe horn the team if we played like this. Neither Kane or Son excel at breaking teams down, Llorente does.
Llorente up top with Kane and Son
If Son is on 1 wing, then surely GKN starts too on the other?

Son as a straight up central AM doesn't fill me with much joy either, he's not suited to it. It will be interesting to see what happens although I think Kane and Llorente both have to start.

Genuine question here

If Kane or Llorente could score a hat trick tonight, who would you pick?
Llorente.

Kane has proved he can score against pretty much all PL oppo and in CL v Dortmund. I'd love Llorente to get on the end of some wide play from Aurier and Davies; Rose too when fit, and Tripp's brill crossing ability. We could score a lot more from headers (Kane is 90% from feet), and Llorente is great in the air.

Yep reckon I might be mistaken as it appears a lot of them are there. Kaziah Sterling just put a post on his Instagram story of himself and Marcus Edwards tagged in Cyprus. Just seen it on Twitter
I kinda feel like Georgieu will get some minutes. What with him being a Cyprus youth international

Edwards would just be in Cyprus for the UEFA Youth League wouldn't he?

Poch probably sees that as a great platform for him.

FFS, I spent ages using the space bar to get them all nicely spread out and it just auto lefts them!
I've done that before (not for a team line up but for a table I typed out).
You should consider using the team formation tool. The icon looks like a number pad (9 little black squares).
Dunno if it's quicker than typing it out manually, but it does all the positions for you.
Choose your formation, start at keeper then work from right to left through defence/midfield/up top.

Meh, I think if we want to go with an attacking line up then, as stated earlier, Winks doesn't offer enough in attack and I feel like Dier can keep us ticking if he hits any type of form (Which we haven't seen in a while to be fair). I could see it happening, but i'd be disappointed.

This would literally reduce us to two attacking threats in the entire team, Kane and Son. Sissoko can barely assist, never mind score, and he's doing well in a CM role that relies on brute force and movement. It would be incredibly easy to shoe horn the team if we played like this. Neither Kane or Son excel at breaking teams down, Llorente does.

If Son is on 1 wing, then surely GKN starts too on the other?

Son as a straight up central AM doesn't fill me with much joy either, he's not suited to it. It will be interesting to see what happens although I think Kane and Llorente both have to start.

I was thinking more of Son and Kane as number 10s and Llorente up top. Have Aurier and Davies as the width. Dier and either Sissoko or Winks in CM. GKN seems more of an impact sub. I still want to see him given a go though, he clearly has some talent.

I'm a little nervous about tonight. They gave Real a tough game and we have some key players that make us tick out. That coupled with the tendency we seem to have in Europe not to perform against the so called weaker teams.

We need to be bang up for this to ensure 3pts.

What would people prefer from the other game in our group? If we win?

A draw would see us top but a Real win would put Dortmund 6pts off the pace.

I think I'd take the latter rather than potentially having to rely on picking up points later on from Real to match Dortmund.

I think I'd take the latter rather than potentially having to rely on picking up points later on from Real to match Dortmund.
Really don't care-we look after ourselves 3 pts tonight please. The other results will be what they will be.

Either way we need Real to win all their games I reckon. If Dortmund get puts off them that means we have to as well essentially (obviously its a bit more complicated than that but you know what I mean).

Either way we need Real to win all their games I reckon. If Dortmund get puts off them that means we have to as well essentially (obviously its a bit more complicated than that but you know what I mean).
Yeah my thinking too. If we are looking at finishing second in the group as our most likely route to progression then Real beating the other two in each game simplifies our task.

A draw in Dortmund and two wins against Apoel would then see us through.

Don't really want to find ourselves needing points against Real to qualify. That's not to say we aren't capable of course.

Back
Top Bottom