Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I left five minutes early. First time I've ever done that. Thought Dele was poor today. I'd like to see him put on about 3-4 pounds of muscle. He's a bit on the skinny side. I was a bit baffled by the team selection and formation.
We musn't play at Wembley next season. Get that stadium built.

I used to have a problem with Spurs fans leaving early.
But after a rather lengthy discussion with some of the Mets finest I learnt to respect others.

And also chances are some of those people also left early on this night - so hey - swings and roundabouts!

That's the second time I've been to Wembley to watch us, first time being Monaco. The atmosphere was pretty poor v Monaco but today it was bloody terrible, we need to get out of the bloody place asap, it would be disatorous if the new WHL ain't ready for next season.

Our build up play was so slow today, not sure why, I'm pretty sure the Wembley atmosphere plays a massive part in these subdued performances.

Last season we found that edge that got us the result. It must be differcult ffor the players to reach those hights again, week in week out. To have a brilliant season and not win the PL must be frustrating. We know we can perform and beat most so maybe we will keep them performances when it matters-the cups?

Maybe Davies had a knock.
Cant be risked wiith 5 games in 14'days.
Otherwise why use Trippier on the left.
In any case can't get my head around that.
Couldn't have gone to a back 4 and played Vertonghen at LB and replace Tripoer with Aurier.
He could have delivered a decent cross, and actually beaten a player.
Makes no sense to bring on Llorente and have no crosses comimg in from both flanks.
Then again we are not Man City and don't have replacement full backs of similar speed and capability.
Trippier has had an awful start.
He's had 4 starts, 2 less than he had all last season. He's been pants in them all. Maybe he's still carrying an injury, or maybe he's just a better as a sub or for rotation in the league at the end of the season.

FRUSTRATING. Hate these negative anti-football teams. Absolutely no attacking ambition shown from them bastards whatsoever yet they get rewarded. We have simply got to start such games quicker and get that first goal and carve em up. Far too ponderous first half.

Bit of a shit show no doubt about it.

Let's not forget we gave a lot on Wednesday in a very tough game.
Let's also not forget that Swansea played some of the most anti-football I've ever seen. I'm getting sick of paying good money to watch a game of football but only one team has any intention of playing football. What a boring bunch of fucks they are.
Mike dean was never going to give a pen today as he's been critised for helping us in the past. At least one was stonewall.

Team was set up wrong today but we still had enough to beat that shower of shit. One goal would have lead to a few more.

Had to have a read of the match comments from here on the train and had a few shakes of the head.
Not because of the comments about the game, most were justified.
What fucks me off the most is when people comment on how embarrassing our fans are.
" look at all the empty seats, it's embarrassing" - Well buy a fucking ticket and occupy one of those empty seats.

" Our fans are so quiet it's embarrassing" well go and buy yourselves a ticket and come to the game and sing your heart out and show us how it's fucking done.

" fans leaving early is embarrassing" - Well go and buy yourself a ticket, sing your heart out and stay till the fucking end.
Don't slag off those who go and support the team.
There were 66k there today, don't forget our railway stations are on critical alert and another terrorist attack is imminent.
Takes bottle for people to get on a train knowing their lives could be in danger.

Our support is not embarrassing it's top notch, we are in a temporary stadium and not many have taken to it but still turn out every week.

I'm not one of these people who thinks I'm a better fan because I go to games but it does boil my piss when people watching the game on some shit Iranian stream critises the fans that spend a fortune following our club.

Perfect post.... I'm sick of people slagging off the support and people who are travelling miles to support our boys. Im part of the very few who are flying to Cyprus, Dortmund, Madrid and will do Huddersfield and where ever the guys go, why because I want to show them support. Today was shit but it's not the end of the world, Wednesday was amazing...... we don't deserve to win we have to earn it

I knew we would struggle today for some reason after the decent performance mid week. We should in all honesty have beaten dortmund 5 or 6-1. And the same today, we wasnt clinical enough. Doesnt help when you have to break down a brick wall like swansea were today though. Everyman behind the ball. Also, thought any crossing into the box was a bit poor. Didnt beat the first man at all. Anyway the effort was there, But We are gonna have these types of games unfortunately . Bit of a mediocre day at the office, but its a big one next sat. COYS! Be more clinical next week.

You know fans that are making it should be staying until the end. If you honestly think they had to leave 10 minutes earlier because they had other things to do it's a flimsy argument. I won't go into the reasons why I'm unable to make it at the moment as they are not for this forum but the masses of people unable to stay and cheer the team on in a crucial ten minutes didn't leave a good taste in the mouth. If I was able to attend games I can guarantee you that wouldn't be what I'd be doing so

So it's ok for you to have a reason and not anyone else? Behave, I have a friend who brought a 3 year old and didn't fancy a 1 hour wait out of the ground before he travelled to the airport to fly to the north because he might miss it. Everyone has a life, fact is spurs being poor shouldn't mean you dog him or anyone else out

That's the second time I've been to Wembley to watch us, first time being Monaco. The atmosphere was pretty poor v Monaco but today it was bloody terrible, we need to get out of the bloody place asap, it would be disatorous if the new WHL ain't ready for next season.

Our build up play was so slow today, not sure why, I'm pretty sure the Wembley atmosphere plays a massive part in these subdued performances.
The atmosphere is similar to WHL. Against the weaker teams the fans expect from the players and then reacts, it has happened in whl and happened today in Wembley. Today's failure was team selection, Son in LWB? Then Tripps in LWB? No body to cross the ball when teams parks the bus...

Eriksen and Kane should be untouchables. There is nobody even close as a replacement.

Have to agree with this.

Son/Alli should be interchangeable depending on the style we're aiming to play and the opposition we are facing. Ultimately, we aren't anywhere near as creative without Eriksen and heaven forbid we find ourselves without Kane.

Bit of a shit show no doubt about it.

Let's not forget we gave a lot on Wednesday in a very tough game.
Let's also not forget that Swansea played some of the most anti-football I've ever seen. I'm getting sick of paying good money to watch a game of football but only one team has any intention of playing football. What a boring bunch of fucks they are.
Mike dean was never going to give a pen today as he's been critised for helping us in the past. At least one was stonewall.

Team was set up wrong today but we still had enough to beat that shower of shit. One goal would have lead to a few more.

Had to have a read of the match comments from here on the train and had a few shakes of the head.
Not because of the comments about the game, most were justified.
What fucks me off the most is when people comment on how embarrassing our fans are.
" look at all the empty seats, it's embarrassing" - Well buy a fucking ticket and occupy one of those empty seats.

" Our fans are so quiet it's embarrassing" well go and buy yourselves a ticket and come to the game and sing your heart out and show us how it's fucking done.

" fans leaving early is embarrassing" - Well go and buy yourself a ticket, sing your heart out and stay till the fucking end.
Don't slag off those who go and support the team.
There were 66k there today, don't forget our railway stations are on critical alert and another terrorist attack is imminent.
Takes bottle for people to get on a train knowing their lives could be in danger.

Our support is not embarrassing it's top notch, we are in a temporary stadium and not many have taken to it but still turn out every week.

I'm not one of these people who thinks I'm a better fan because I go to games but it does boil my piss when people watching the game on some shit Iranian stream critises the fans that spend a fortune following our club.
Absolutely spot on. Could not agree more with all of your points.

Love Poch but got it all wrong today. One point so out of six so far (at Home) so why get creative ? Trippier at LWB ? Son at RWB ? Sissoko a CM in a congested MF? Eriksen, Dele, etc weren't much better but the big man got it all wrong today from the go. FFS

Back
Top Bottom