The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Except we won this one.
I was at that Inter game, it always annoys me a bit how it's been rebadged as a success story, like Dunkirk and the Charge of the Light Brigade
Stunning hat trick mind
:harrysmile:
Not a victory for sure, but a turning point in our confidence, I reckon. At least it's how I remember it, after being 0-3 down

Used to play in goal for Harrow Borough. A reasonable standard and probably higher than 95% of people. Nice assumption though.

Whether they do or not is moot. It wasn't his best game outside of the goals. As I said, it's a testament to his effectiveness he still made it a game winning performance.

I'm not saying anything outrageous here.

FYI, it's never 1 on 4. He lost the ball in 1 on 1 situations. Hence me saying it was hold up situations. Dortmund weren't double teaming him.
Agree to disagree. Nothing personal, but I thought he was better than average in general build up play as well and I'm critical of players when I feel it's deserved. I've played goal as well professionally so we will call it even.

Agree to disagree. Nothing personal, but I thought he was better than average in general build up play as well and I'm critical of players when I feel it's deserved. I've played goal as well professionally so we will call it even.
Yea, it's not a pissing contest. Just thought he wasn't at his peak tonight and he still scored twice, that's how good he is. Wasn't knocking him, more impressed that despite my criticisms he's still our match winner. That's what Cristiano Ronaldo does.

I'll say it outrightly, Harry Kane is as influential as Cristiano Ronaldo.

A fantastic win, but I think the margins were quite fine. If they still had Ousmane Dembele i'm not sure we would've won.

Wtf if we'd taken our chances it would have been 7 or 8. First half they were on top but second we bossed it.

If they'd had Dembele? well they didn't. If we'd had Bale or Modric..... but we didn't......

ffs some our our fans, why can't you just sit back smoke a fat one and enjoy it instead of what ifs?

Have been quiet because I stopped reading the thread just before kick off, and have spent the last hour reading through the many many pages since then.

Damn I love this forum, and I love this feeling. We are a proper, proper team. Everybody was brilliant tonight, and poch has a plan b!!! Halelouja!!!

Kane is having his bale moment, yes they are very very different players, but I would argue that he is now more influential, and I can see this guy staying with us for many many many years.

I'm just so happy. . . And my Mrs waited until the full time whistle to announce that she's pregnant! ! ! (We were trying) what a fucking day! ! !

Thought we were great tonight. And given that 2 new signings started, it can only get better.
They should have had another goal before we made it 3, but big up to the Lino who got it spectacularly wrong. Respect.
Dortmund are a top side- make no mistake. And we took 3 points. Their good goal disallowed aside, I thought we were damn fine.
:tobyarm:

On the way back from the game now and I'm fucking buzzing mateeeee

Shoutout to the Dortmund fans, they are absolutely incredible and so cool to watch.
Tbh it was embarrassing for English fans!!

Have been quiet because I stopped reading the thread just before kick off, and have spent the last hour reading through the many many pages since then.

Damn I love this forum, and I love this feeling. We are a proper, proper team. Everybody was brilliant tonight, and poch has a plan b!!! Halelouja!!!

Kane is having his bale moment, yes they are very very different players, but I would argue that he is now more influential, and I can see this guy staying with us for many many many years.

I'm just so happy. . . And my Mrs waited until the full time whistle to announce that she's pregnant! ! ! (We were trying) what a fucking day! ! !

Congrats on the baby Josh. If it's a boy I recommend Harry or Kane (hopefully it's twins so you don't have to make a choice) ;)

Congrats mate! Cracker of a day for you. Enjoy it.

Congratulations best of luck to the pair of you

Back
Top Bottom