Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck Trippier's crosses.

Give me lung bursting wing backs who will provide us with width and won't be scared to take on a fucking defender to create oppertunities.

He pisses all over Trippier as an all round footballer. In fact, his performance today proved to me that Trippier isn't good enough to start in this Spurs team. Good back up though and will start against Barnsley next week AND play well.

Trippier is excellent in his own right probably the best right back we've had in the premier league era apart from Walker the Johnny come lately fans like you have been spoilt.

His left footed cross just before the 3rd goal was eyeopening too. Considering how one footed Walker is it means Aurier isn't as one dimensional and will not be as predictable to opposing LBs.

Who is this Walker guy you keep talking about?
Say what you see...

images

I don't know why people claim Aurier's crossing abilities aren't all that. He was the best crosser of the ball in France. Not to mention he's the full package: great tackler, astute defender, superb positioning, pace to burn, great ball control, good passing range, excellent dribbling...

Whoever sold him from PSG did it purely for non-footballing reasons. There is no better right back in France and that includes Dani Alves. A real steal.

Thought he had really poor positioning, going to ground too quickly and not tracking back in the opening few minutes but really grew into the game. You can see he is starting to get his mojo with that ridiculous duck down dummy in the box and that exchange with eriksen in the corner when they were getting pressed by a few Dortmund players. Can't wait until he has a few more training sessions with the boys and gets a real understanding of the team. Has the potential to be phenomenal

First few minutes aside, I thought he was fucking mint. Looking forward to seeing this guy competing with Trippier. We have got the same options we had pre the Walker sale. And I think this guy has a huge ceiling. That dummy in the box was simply outrageous. So confident & such swagger as he brought the ball out of defence.
He's gonna be a cracker I think. Just hope he keeps his marbles

Trippier is excellent in his own right probably the best right back we've had in the premier league era apart from Walker the Johnny come lately fans like you have been spoilt.
......Best right back in the premiership era.....your forgetting gold like Chimbonda, wee Alan Hutton, Phil Ifil, Stephen Kelly or Steven Big Club Carr. Wow we have indeed come a long way......

Do you think Poch is going to keep doing the rotating every game or switch up according to their strengths? Because if that's the case Trippier would be playing at West Ham and I think Aurier would be much better at the OS considering its similar to Wembley.

Do you think Poch is going to keep doing the rotating every game or switch up according to their strengths? Because if that's the case Trippier would be playing at West Ham and I think Aurier would be much better at the OS considering its similar to Wembley.
Perhaps, given the density of matches Ben Davies will be required for, that Aurier could be slotted in at left back for a game like that to give him a break.

He's been played at LB before, hasn't he?

Back
Top Bottom