"@ing" Spurs players on Twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you abuse a Spurs player directly?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
Social media marketing is my line of work, it's interesting as you start developing a god complex rather easily because the average joe is such a gullible cunt. The nasty side of it however is really startling sometimes, the level of racist and other abuse people tend to post openly and often unrelated to the topic in hand is quite high. That and you quickly discover that there are a lot of people that just want to whine, complain, insult and feel threatened by everything. Lot's of sad frustrated lives in our society

The scary thing with it is people use it to say things they would never have the courage or indecency to say in person and at some point we'll have someone in power that's grown up in this social media age, sitting behind a monitor with a finger on a button labelled "SEND"...

Knew what this thread was gonna be about before I even opened it, saw that exact engagement yesterday. Bloke seemed like an absolute moron

Jon Ronson's book, So You've Been Publicly Shamed goes quite a long way to exploring crowd/swarm mentality and why people feel driven to act in a certain way given the separation of the internet. Worth a read.

The scary thing with it is people use it to say things they would never have the courage or indecency to say in person and at some point we'll have someone in power that's grown up in this social media age, sitting behind a monitor with a finger on a button labelled "SEND"...
somehow i think we have someone like that in power already ....

There's this one bloke on twitter who has it in for Dembele too, even has Dembele is a fraud in his bio, forgot who it is but he's pretty popular in the spurs hipster in-crowd around Flav Flav and Thelonious Thelonious

you see what i did there, @dding pseudo celebrities on social media to covertly insult them

I'm reminded of this, from a few years back...

English boxer Curtis Woodhouse turns up on the doorstep of his Twitter troll
When Curtis Woodhouse lost his English light-welterweight title on points to Shane Singleton on Friday night , he was branded a "disgrace" on the social networking site by 'Jimmyob88'‏, who has reportedly been abusing Woodhouse on Twitter for months.

The boxer was so enraged with the tweets that he offered his followers a £1,000 reward if they could help him locate the culprit. Woodhouse's growing number of Twitter followers chipped in and managed to track down his troll.
English boxer Curtis Woodhouse turns up on the doorstep of his Twitter troll

Hahahaha that prick must ve been fucking scared, i think i would've come out though, scared shitless no doubt but at least come out and own up. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have whooped his ass if he came out.

Flav Flav Thelonious Thelonious : come at me then

Unless of course the troll was Michael Bisping or Anthony Joshua...

Or worse still.......Kelvin fucking Skerrett

Had dickheads slating Rose when he signed a contract once, something he is still bitter about.

Football twitter is literally the worst thing ever, to be honest the entire reason that forums like this exist is because the amount of stupid pricks that go on there. I know if I could have actually (semi) intelligent discussions with people about Spurs on Twitter then I would use it rather than a forum.

Back
Top Bottom