Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really liked Davies going forward, with his assist for Kane's second goal being a highlight, but am a little wary of hyping him up too much.

He still got a bit exposed down that left hand side when Everton counterattacked and I think he'd have been torn apart by a Mane, Sane, Sanchez, etc. Perhaps the three at the back helps him in that regard because he's more covered by Jan who can come out wide, and the sheer pace of Sanchez to recover in the middle.

Love the guy, but Rose is number one.

It was so fun to look at the starting XI today and realise just how far we've come in the last few years. Outside of a couple of world-class stars (who we knew we couldn't keep) like Modric and Bale, we've never had such thorough quality in my lifetime.

Here was our team lineup on September 11th 2010 in our 1-1 draw against West Brom at the Hawthorns:

Cudicini
Corluka
Kaboul
Gallas
Bale
Lennon
Palacios
Huddlestone
van der Vaart
Modric
Pavlyuckenko (hi Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko )

In seven years, I think it's clear how far we've developed the team, and perhaps Levy suffers from how gradual it's been. Just because we haven't had the disgusting financial doping of Man City doesn't mean we've not come on leaps and bounds.

Oh, and all while the new stadium is looming over North London. The future is bright, the future is Lilywhite.
Not a bad side that. You could have probably picked a starker contrast

But seriously, it's fucken slack results like the Burnley one that will fuck us in the end.

You could sense the nerves in that final ten minutes when our chances to kill the game hadn't dropped. I think it was a bit of a hangover from the Chelsea game that crept into our heads unfortunately. Burnley worked hard and caught us a little rusty. Professional, mature and manly performances needed for the rest of the season. The players need to take responsibility until we get back to N17

But seriously, it's fucken slack results like the Burnley one that will fuck us in the end.

That maybe the case, Burnley still fucked the Chavs on opening day. All the top sides will have slack results. The Dippers who had 'won' the league conceded 5 today. Yanited failed to beat Stoke. Woolwich we can forget about them, they'll be lucky to finish top 7. It's Huddersfield everyone have got to watch out for as they could do a Leicester. :deledoubt::dembelelol:

That maybe the case, Burnley still fucked the Chavs on opening day. All the top sides will have slack results. The Dippers who had 'won' the league conceded 5 today. Yanited failed to beat Stoke. Woolwich we can forget about them, they'll be lucky to finish top 7. It's Huddersfield everyone have got to watch out for as they could do a Leicester. :deledoubt::dembelelol:
Any club could do a Leicester with the right performance enhancing drugs, even a shitty little outfit like Everton

Sometimes have the same thought, because we've never really brought in a player quite like him since - but I try not to worry too much because it's like a parallel timeline. Same as if we'd actually managed to get Moutinho across the line. If getting Willian had been the difference-maker in whether AVB could have held onto his job, then in a twisted way it was worth not happening because now we have Poch.

Oh, and I could be wrong, but I got a feeling at the time that Willian was our prime CAM target that summer and Eriksen was a second option. In that regard, I'm happy with how things panned out...
Moutinho and Hulk and AVB wouldn't be fire at least for more half a season.

How did Pochettino get Schneiderlin to be one of the best DMs in the PL?
He's looked bang average at Man U and Everton.
Did we dodge a bullet or would Pochettino have had him performing?

How did Pochettino get Schneiderlin to be one of the best DMs in the PL?
He's looked bang average at Man U and Everton.
Did we dodge a bullet or would Pochettino have had him performing?

Wanyama was hideously average at Southampton so I'd bet it's probably Pochettino getting the best out of players.

Back
Top Bottom