Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Literally a page ago you were claiming to be his brain...
Yes. On the wing he is lost ineffective and wasted.
While in the middle he is aggressive, attacks, plays 1 2s, shoots passes and productive as you can see in the video.

Last edited:
While in the middle he is aggressive, attacks, plays 1 2s, shoots passes and productive as you can see in the video.

Yet he played on the wing in the game you cite
giphy.gif

He played on the right of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. I was sick at the time and watched every match. A few runs through the middle in a video doesn't change that.

He played on the right of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. I was sick at the time and watched every match. A few runs through the middle in a video doesn't change that.
I don't know what you lot talking about Sissoko being a right winger, I also watched the final, most of the dangerous chances he created were forward runs from deep in the central area. The media shows a formation at the start of the game but it doesn't mean that the team plays like that. Look at us. Most of the broadcasters put Eriksen down the right side in the 4-2-3-1, is he a right side playmaker? No, he's not, he moves around just like the others like to move around.

I don't know what you lot talking about Sissoko being a right winger, I also watched the final, most of the dangerous chances he created were forward runs from deep in the central area. The media shows a formation at the start of the game but it doesn't mean that the team plays like that. Look at us. Most of the broadcasters put Eriksen down the right side in the 4-2-3-1, is he a right side playmaker? No, he's not, he moves around just like the others like to move around.

That does nothing to contribute to the main crux of the point that was being mooted - that Sissoko does not, to any evidence, "prefer" being a CM, "hate" being on the right, nor did he play in any position other than RM in the Euros.

Look at the highlights and see where they are stood. Yes, he cuts inside - so does Eriksen. Kane drops back to pick up the ball, doesn't mean he "prefers" being a midfielder though.

We were talking about Sissoko, not Eriksen. Why compare him with Sissoko? Look I'm not really interested in this - I know what I saw in that tournament, and that's not going to change. We disagree - that's fine.

If he wants to stay and fight for his place, then that shows he has a good attitude and he will have my full support. With this being a world cup year, hopefully it will mean more euro 16 calibre performances

He's got a friend with him now in Serge which could see him integrate into the team better and it's a World Cup Year. Anyone fancy he's going to turn into a really important part of our season?

Sometimes a little love is all you need. I think Serge will be good for Moussa and vice versa (or at least I hope)

Have a good season Moussa, no holding back fella

I actually don't want Sissoko to go. He has played well the last couple of appearances from the bench. A few glimmers of hope is enough for me to give him one more season. Think how many chances Lamela had to prove himself for the same price tag.
Also, Son disappointed most people (including himself, if the rumours about him wanting to leave are true) in his first season, but turned it on last year.

Perhaps Sissoko can do likewise (though not to the same extent, I'd guess).
There were a couple of moments against Burnley that were actually kinda promising.

Backing the fuck out of Sissoko from here until May. I like his attitude, particularly in the face of all the shit he's had thrown his way. Easily could have asked out after a tough first season and hearing all summer how shit he was. But he stuck his hand up and said he was going to fight back. I love it.

giphy.gif

Sort the song out before I'm over for Spam in the holidays.

Backing the fuck out of Sissoko from here until May. I like his attitude, particularly in the face of all the shit he's had thrown his way. Easily could have asked out after a tough first season and hearing all summer how shit he was. But he stuck his hand up and said he was going to fight back. I love it.

giphy.gif

Sort the song out before I'm over for Spam in the holidays.
"He's big! He's bad! Ask your mom, he might be your dad!"

Or we just perform a cover version of sussudio by Phil Collinsbut replace sussudio with Sissoko

Thing about Siss, as seen in the highlights from the Euro final, and from his performances for us, is that he is good at running with the ball if there are corridors to be exploited. Because of his fairly poor dribbling in tight spots and poor first touch, I think managers thinks he can find what he needs on the wings. However, his poor crossing makes him even less efficient out there.

If he can play as/partly as a third cm against teams that doesn't just park the bus, he can find the space he needs and help us to be more direct in the games where we need or want that.

As a winger against bus parkers though, not good.

Back
Top Bottom