Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
on paper one of the best windows

The dark ages...
Chiseling-Caveman-e1295104424454.jpg

You mean on line......?

Cave-Man-on-rock-computer.jpg

Gone where?
I don't think we'll see him at all - he was apparently shocking for holland, poch wouldn't play him when we were stuck for goals and I suspect he'd rather put dele or son up front and now llorente has joined. Curtains for the chap. He should have pushed for a loan move.

I think maybe the first white rap record but in a unique way . A great bass line.
This is "Radio Clash " on pirate satellite,
is my fav piece of punk hip hop . Years before anyone else and at the same time as Africa Bambatta, Soul sonic force etc.
Also add their gunslinger hipster no sell out style you have the greatest band of the
Punk/New wave era.
God bless Mr Strummer.

With Llorente in and Janssen still in the squad maybe Poch will start experimenting with 2 up top at times. Would be a way to get all 3 in the match squad since Janssen can sub whoever goes off.

Also injuries are bound to happen so Vincent is far from written off me thinks

Im sure secretly Rashford wants out too now they resigned Zlatan.

....And how can you forget Barkley? :kanegoal:

Barkley didn't kick up a fuss or put in a request, so left him out for that reason.

For all intents, he's been vilified by Everton fans for not being a slave. The board should have sold him at a realistic price earlier in the window.

Moral: don't sit at the table with levy if you can't play poker

p.s. Didn't know Mahrez actually put in a Trf request tho...

Reckon his 'awol' could lead to an extended strop. Seems the type....

Leicester are miffed that he left the Algeria camp to "compete a move" that didn't exist (at least not yet?)

I thinkBarkley will still go to Chelsea. He'll have had a medical that showed he won't be fit until later in the year, so they've said to him to go back and they'll sign him in January and give him the fee as a signing on, rather than pay Everton.

Summary:

Out's:
Walker, Wimmer, Bentaleb, N'Jie, Fazio

In's:
Sánchez, Aurier, Llorente, Foyth, Gazzaniga

Call me an optimist I think every signing has improved us majorly, it's a shame we couldn't get the Barkley deal done because that would've topped it off.

We now have:
• one of the most promising center back in Europe
• a very talented RB with bags of experience at the highest level
• a very good backup striker for Kane and a major threat from set pieces
• a promising second goalkeeper to fill in when Vorm eventually leaves

We've added experience and talent. We're better of than before the window started. Let's see where it takes us.

I also think we might change our system and formation more frequently for certain games and during a game. This is something Poch wanted to do for a long time but couldn't execute with the players available.

With Llorente in and Janssen still in the squad maybe Poch will start experimenting with 2 up top at times. Would be a way to get all 3 in the match squad since Janssen can sub whoever goes off.

Also injuries are bound to happen so Vincent is far from written off me thinks

I think Llorente and Son, or Kane and Son up top would work well. Kane and Llorente are too similar.

I'm pretty happy with the depth on the bench and competition for places now and looking forward to seeing how 'not a clue, sissoko and vinny' can do this season. There is a reason they haven't been shipped out as regardless of how bad some feel they are there would be homes for them somewhere. Also be interested to see if Edwards get a run in a few cup games. Looking forward to Rose and Lamella coming back... not long now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom