Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes so good, pls dont go :(

:levyeyes::levywhoa:
giphy.gif

I like Vinny but he's not mobile enough for how we play. I want to see my strikers on their toes, sniffing around in areas where it can hurt teams. Vinny dropped too deep and watched the game pass him by so many times last year that I think keeping him on will only waste a year of his career.

He's strong and his link up play is great, I just feel he hides behind it as he can't keep pace with how we are expected to play. A shame and if he leaves I sincerely wish him all the best, he seems like a good bloke
I back Vinny to be a success somewhere, he's too good for the national team where he's settled for it to be an aberration. Problem being it's so damned difficult to develop a young striker when you only play one up top and that one is Harry Kane. Kane was fortunate that he finally started really connecting the dots at the same time Ade was being binned and Soldado was continuing his tragic form. I really hope Vinny fulfills his potential, and I honestly believe he never would at Spurs. He just won't ever get a run of games to get on a roll.

Honestly I think what's needed is another Son type player - someone who can carry the scoring burden against lesser competition while also being an impactful player in another role in the tough matches.

I back Vinny to be a success somewhere, he's too good for the national team where he's settled for it to be an aberration. Problem being it's so damned difficult to develop a young striker when you only play one up top and that one is Harry Kane. Kane was fortunate that he finally started really connecting the dots at the same time Ade was being binned and Soldado was continuing his tragic form. I really hope Vinny fulfills his potential, and I honestly believe he never would at Spurs. He just won't ever get a run of games to get on a roll.

Honestly I think what's needed is another Son type player - someone who can carry the scoring burden against lesser competition while also being an impactful player in another role in the tough matches.
Agree about another attacking midfielder... Edwards probably a bit too young just yet to offer serious competition... But between Dele, Son, Lamela + one other? We should have enough to offer support to Kane...
Unless we just buy a young striker, happy to play 2nd fiddle for a while... no one is displacing Kane any time soon.

Im really pleased we didnt rush out and start panic buying and paying over the odds for any old player after one loss and mediocre performance, just to pander to the media.

We have stuck to our targets and gameplan it seems

I also love the way Chelsea spent 140M but somehow it doesnt count, and they lack signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom