Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloris/ Vorm/ Gazzaniga

Aurier/ Trippier
Rose/ Davies

Alderweireld/ Vertonghen/ Sanchez/ Foyth

Wanyama/ Dier

Dembele/ Winks

Alli/ Eriksen/ Barkley/ Lamela

Kane/ Son

Sancho & Sessegnon for the development squad so they are ready to push the first team next year, as well as offering us depth should we get injuries this season.

I think this would set us up very nicely for the rest of the year and it's not too many signings that we lose a bit of our identity. I'm hoping we end up with a window looking like this.

I think that would be a decent squad, but neither Lamela or Barkley will be around for the next few months. By the time they are both fit, we might have lost too much ground by then.
Keita Balde would be a better option for attacking midfield, as he can also play up front, giving us a third option alongside Kane and Son, if Janssen leaves.

I don't mind if we sell Sissoko, in fact I hope he goes asap, but want to keep Nkoudou and give him more of a chance, unless tht Sancho is definitely coming and we promote Edwards to the bench more often.

I don't understand French so I can't really judge the video I found. Is there one where he speaks English also, or Swedish?

Isn't it just jargon? How many "fagott" can be heard if you had a mic on all players during any game? How many puta madre? Or cunt? Are those expressions any better? Think it's just jargon.

I'm not convinced it is, would you be saying the same thing about him if he's signing for Woolwich?

I don't think he should be let off the hook but if we sign him up, as I said earlier, if he joins and doesn't embarass himself or the club, everyone wins. The counter point is that if he says something homophobic/racist/sexist he can rightly expect to get crucified.

I'm not convinced it is, would you be saying the same thing about him if he's signing for Woolwich?

I don't think he should be let off the hook but if we sign him up, as I said earlier, if he joins and doesn't embarass himself or the club, everyone wins. The counter point is that if he says something homophobic/racist/sexist he can rightly expect to get crucified.

I believe in the innocent until proven guilty principle. I cannot prove someone guilty until I heard what his opinion on the matter is. On the other hand if his proven guilty, let him have it. Right now his not proven guilty in my book.

WE might be linked with several players but I think we will only get 3/4 as Poch said last week. We know 2 of them. 3rd Goal keeper is like Insurance, something you know you need in case of injuries but hope you never have to use.
As to player wages. Whilst we will get more income at Wembley, there are more expenses and Levy being prudent will be waiting until the income for next season is clearer. At this stage WHL is not definite for next season. What level will Season Ticket costs be set at? depends on this year's attendances and what fans will accept. Naming rights for stadium are most likely going to be used to pay for Stadium.
I think that once Levy has clarity on ongoing Income/expenditure, he will be in a position to review the salary cap but this will not be until next summer. Hopefully next season we will be in a better position to compete/close gap on wages but never at the level of MC or Chelsea.

So let's do a rundown here... Foyth, Aurier, Barkley, with possible moves for Sessegnon and Keita.

And while we thought we'd have more over the line by now, we've only got Sanchez (still not quite finished) and Gazzaniga through the door.

How fucking insane is Deadline Day shaping up to be? Is Levy trying to kill Jim White?

From all the rumours abound

Out

Sissoko
Nkouduo
Wimmer

Ins

Foyth
Aurier
Barkley
Sessegnon
Sancho
Sanchez (done)
3rd choice keeper (done)
Wide forward (maybe Keita)

Doubt this is going to happen.

From all the rumours abound

Out

Sissoko
Nkouduo
Wimmer

Ins

Foyth
Aurier
Barkley
Sessegnon
Sancho
Sanchez (done)
3rd choice keeper (done)
Wide forward (maybe Keita)

Doubt this is going to happen.

I reckon most will, the only ones that I think we may struggle with are Sessegnon and Keita.

The only way we get Sessegnon is if we've told him he will be pushing the first team within a year or so and I honestly think it's a toss up between Barkley and Balde for Poch to make. I think he'll opt for Barkley based on his relationship with Dele, Kane, Rose and Dier

You failed.
Not as much as a you have though.
If you can't understand you need to do some research.
If a gay bloke can talk about someone else as being gay, make remarks like they take it up the Arse, amongst others there's nothing wrong with that. Which there is not.
If a gay man says ' oh, him he's a faggot' like some gay people do, then that's ok.
But if I say. Oh he's a faggot I'm wrong, he takes it up the arse, I'm wrong.
Doesn't it depend on context.
Personally I wouldn't use the word faggot, like I wouldn't use the n word.
But I would say I think Keegan takes it up the arse. Not becuase I'm homophobic
But becuase I think he's gay.
Is that ok?

Ps have you got any gay friends?

PPs fag hag is another gay slang word- although some people are not too happy with it now- Is it ok if I say madonna's a fag hag as long as I'm in gay company?
If not am I homophobic.

Last edited:
Zero content in this thread it's just people blabbering at this point
overload-star-trek.gif

At THIS point?!?!
At every fucking point more like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom