The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't see a make shift chelsea team, I saw 7 regular players from last season, 3 new signings and Christensen back from loan. To add, they had 4/5 first choice players out banned and injured.
So you play with what you have available we have people out too!

Well 58 years old supported Tottenham all my life. Come on the internet to discuss my team for the first time and find supporting Tottenham is not how it use to be. Back in my day Tottenham supporters were men. Real men as every other club come to that, even Woolwich we didn't like each other but we were men all the same and still are. Here on this forum all I did was bump into a lot of sniveling little weasels, spoilt, pampered, sensitive. Hiding behind computer screens, sin bins and bans. A bunch of little mamby pambies. A generation spoilt used to having everything handed to them. Can't take criticism or a different opinion.

I fear for the world and you little pussies. Supporting my team on a forums not for me .

Boulder
Fuck off then is that how real men say it? :wansum:

We had no right to get a draw at City last season, and the comeback against Swansea was equally unlikely. All it's says is that our keeper made a bad error - nothing to do with 'mentality'.
...add to that Chelsea, who had no 'right' to win the game with only their 2nd shot on target all game... after being outplayed and out 'possessed' (is there such a thing?)
...and yet they did... doesn't make their 3 points any more worthy than the many many points we picked up in the last minute last season, when staring defeat in the face (home to west ham springs immediately to mind) ...we probably didn't have a right to win half those games, yet we did... we dug in, and proved the doubters wrong.
It's exactly what those cunts did to us yesterday... and it fuking hurts. Last minute goals always do!
But isn't that what they always say is the mark of Champions? (except when we do it in all-but one of the final 12 games, then the media will have you believe we're bottlers for some reason!!)

Until they introduce a new points system whereby you get more points for winning at a canter, but half a point deducted if you win it like a sneaky last minute cunt, then winning games will carry the same reward. It's just the nature of it that hurts sometimes!

Well 58 years old supported Tottenham all my life. Come on the internet to discuss my team for the first time and find supporting Tottenham is not how it use to be. Back in my day Tottenham supporters were men. Real men as every other club come to that, even Woolwich we didn't like each other but we were men all the same and still are. Here on this forum all I did was bump into a lot of sniveling little weasels, spoilt, pampered, sensitive. Hiding behind computer screens, sin bins and bans. A bunch of little mamby pambies. A generation spoilt used to having everything handed to them. Can't take criticism or a different opinion.

I fear for the world and you little pussies. Supporting my team on a forums not for me .

Boulder
giphy.gif

Unbelievable all these cunts just listening to the media, I saw a game we were unlucky to at least draw, a million corners and possession no end product on the day - one game

The media unbearable, if we won they wouldn't even acknowledged it, aren't we about the same size as Woolwich? How come they can lose to Stoke and nobody utters a word about it?

I would be more concerned if we drew the next 2 than losing to Chelsea for fuck sake

Conte teams always break up play with fouls.
They always know when to go to ground get free kicks or yellows.
If Kane was Luiz he probably wouldn't have gone to ground.
We need to play the game. Sometimes we are naive.
They were at it all game and got less yellow cards than us.
Vertonghens yellow was another over reaction and play act.

We only two have two players who are good at stopping opponents with the darker arts, we sold one and the other one stabbed us in the back 3 days before KO.
This 100%.

We are better than them. They are more ruthless and cynical than us. But it wins them games.

I'm sorry Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 respect your opinions but think ultimately it was a mixture of bad luck and effective tactics from Cunte, rather than one or the other. Effective meaning the playacting/fouling etc as well as the formation/catenaccio. Plus a bit of naivity from us.

The galling thing is they've done the same thing twice to us now at Wembley and we should have learned from it. That's not purely down to bad luck twice (IMO).

I don't want us to play like they do (fouls etc) in every game, and we don't need to. But against them I think we have to. Instead we tend to do lose it (Dier could have been sent off) rather than doing the subtle tactical fouls and time wasting.

That said I don't think it was a foul for their free kick.

On the plus side the atmosphere was surprisingly good, at least around where I was (behind the goal at which they scored their winner). Lots of good lads around me and my lot, singing most of the game. Much better than I was expecting. Great move from the club to put all ST holders in the bottom tier. Can imagine atmosphere may have been shit in the top tier. It matters greatly who the immediate people around you are. We are from the Paxton but around us are people from the Park Lane rather than other Paxtonites, which is a good thing.

This 100%.

We are better than them. They are more ruthless and cynical than us. But it wins them games.

I'm sorry Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 respect your opinions but think ultimately it was a mixture of bad luck and effective tactics from Cunte, rather than one or the other. Effective meaning the playacting/fouling etc as well as the formation/catenaccio. Plus a bit of naivity from us.

The galling thing is they've done the same thing twice to us now at Wembley and we should have learned from it. That's not purely down to bad luck twice (IMO).

I don't want us to play like they do (fouls etc) in every game, and we don't need to. But against them I think we have to. Instead we tend to do lose it (Dier could have been sent off) rather than doing the subtle tactical fouls and time wasting.

That said I don't think it was a foul for their free kick.

On the plus side the atmosphere was surprisingly good, at least around where I was (behind the goal at which they scored their winner). Lots of good lads around me and my lot, singing most of the game. Much better than I was expecting. Great move from the club to put all ST holders in the bottom tier. Can imagine atmosphere may have been shit in the top tier. It matters greatly who the immediate people around you are. We are from the Paxton but around us are people from the Park Lane rather than other Paxtonites, which is a good thing.
Always respect your opinion fella.

Here's a thought though, when you say we must learn from it, what do we do about it? Not let them have a single shot on goal? If so how do we do that in all reality and in a game of football, let alone against a championship winning side? Is that a realistic expectation? Out of all the games played last season in the PL how many were played where a team didn't have a shot on target? (I can think of ManU vs Woolwich where Woolwich had one shot on target in the 91st min, they scored too).

I saw a programme on Sky this week which showed the best goals from Chelsea v Spurs since the Prem begun. The amount of times a full back rifled in a 25 yarder.....or a CB hit a screamer or a player who never scores blasted in a wonder goal against us is ASTONISHING. ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING. And today Alonso hits 2. I bet he's never scored two goals in a game before ever ( fucking prick )

Overall we just seem to be at least a goal down the majority of time we step on the pitch against this lot. I can't fathom it. It's an on going hoodoo. Our record must be so something like 1 in 10 v this lot and that's simply baffling. Baffling

We were far from Turd today. But something seemed "off". I can't understand how Luis bossed in midfield. How the ref was such a complete joke. How the champions of england set up like a Tony Pulis team.... how when it should be now, we turn now into "maybe next year".

Fuck it's annoying. It's so much worse losing to this lot than it is to even Arse Anal.

I agree I can recall having to go and pick my daughters up from xmas fare at school in the 1990's several years running on Saturday around 4.30. Each year we seemed to be playing Chelsea and they used to score whilst I was listening on the car Radio. I year I seem to recall we were winning but during the 10 min journey Chelsea scored twice and we lost. This has been going on for far too long. Need to win at the Bridge.

Boulder

Did this doofus just blow his own 'multi'? :eriksenlol:

Back
Top Bottom