The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

winds me up massively. Had that game been a draw everyone would be content but cause we lost 2-1 in the last few mins, all hell has broken loose.

To be honest, before the game i wasnt confident at all. I was thinking draw all day long. Im not a fan of that shit music venue (wembley) and i do think its just a small mental weakness for us.. clearly, but that will all sort itself out as we have to play there more than just once this season. That mental block will vanish. I would also point out that the performance was there too apart from a few silly mistakes, so im not worried about that.

another thing, I know Janssen is not firing at all really, but bringing him on after they score their second is not not exactly going to help his confidence is it? Also, wheres our nippy little winger Nkoudou? personally i would have opted for him instead of Son yesterday. Big fan of Son but he wasnt ready yesterday. At least Nkoudou played some game time during pre season. he would have caused problems for sure.

Anyway, we play like that against Burnley next week and we will win. Simple. No disrespect to them.

COYS!!

Just managed to watch the game now, haven't read the thread, but I'm fucking fuming. Same fucking shit again. Exact same script as every time we are in this position. I said it here earlier that we are naive against these cunts, and yet again they had our number. I'm sure plenty of people here think that we 'outplayed' them or whatever but you are just kidding yourself at this point. That match went 99% as Conte had planned; they had us exactly where they wanted most of the time. We could have been down 3 in the first 20 minutes alone. Having tame possession where you just pass it sideways and backwards just barely keep it all together, that's not dominating, it's waiting to get beaten.

Wanyama had an absolute nightmare, they clearly had him targeted, every time the ball went into him in the centre circle, there were 5 blue shirts on him and he gave the ball away a dozen times. Lloris should have done much better for their winner. Kane should have brought down Kante in that counter attack, if you are gonna pick up the yellow anyway then bring the fucker down, tear his shirt off if you have to.

I'm so fucking sick of these absolute putrid cunts having the last laugh. This was supposed to be the 'best time to play chelsea', but the way we go about it there is never a good time to play them, cause we always make a meal of it. The tactic of slow, negative possession is not gonna do the trick against a well-organised counter attacking team full of expensive top level players, so why do we keep fucking falling for it. Our passing isn't fast enough, it's not accurate enough to get through their numbers pressing, so why do we not switch it up and do something different in these big games??

The truth, as much as it hurts, is explained here. A really good article (as much as i hate to admit) from Gullit. We can make up any number of excuses for the loss, but sometimes we get out coached. Nothing wrong with that.

Chelsea: How Antonio Conte's catenaccio beat Tottenham at Wembley - Ruud Gullit

Well 58 years old supported Tottenham all my life. Come on the internet to discuss my team for the first time and find supporting Tottenham is not how it use to be. Back in my day Tottenham supporters were men. Real men as every other club come to that, even Woolwich we didn't like each other but we were men all the same and still are. Here on this forum all I did was bump into a lot of sniveling little weasels, spoilt, pampered, sensitive. Hiding behind computer screens, sin bins and bans. A bunch of little mamby pambies. A generation spoilt used to having everything handed to them. Can't take criticism or a different opinion.

I fear for the world and you little pussies. Supporting my team on a forums not for me .

Boulder

Well 58 years old supported Tottenham all my life. Come on the internet to discuss my team for the first time and find supporting Tottenham is not how it use to be. Back in my day Tottenham supporters were men. Real men as every other club come to that, even Woolwich we didn't like each other but we were men all the same and still are. Here on this forum all I did was bump into a lot of sniveling little weasels, spoilt, pampered, sensitive. Hiding behind computer screens, sin bins and bans. A bunch of little mamby pambies. A generation spoilt used to having everything handed to them. Can't take criticism or a different opinion.

I fear for the world and you little pussies. Supporting my team on a forums not for me .

Boulder
4Dve8Qe.png

Boulder

Bye..

The truth, as much as it hurts, is explained here. A really good article (as much as i hate to admit) from Gullit. We can make up any number of excuses for the loss, but sometimes we get out coached. Nothing wrong with that.

Chelsea: How Antonio Conte's catenaccio beat Tottenham at Wembley - Ruud Gullit
That wasn't an effective version though, we had chances. If it was effective we would have been shut out completely, not had a sniff. Pullis is better at it, Ranieri is better at it, Moyes is better as too is Maureen. We didn't score because we were unlucky not to, they scored because they were lucky to. NOTHING in that game supports that game went to plan for Conte other than they defended desperately for the majority of the game. Now think of a Mourinho game by contrast, he can nullify a game, neutralise attacks and still create high value opportunities. Conte wanted to use Morata, we nullified him, their plan wasn't working because of that, there is nothing successful about what Conte set out to do, other than some desperate last ditched defending and a dose of good fortune.

Boulder

You didn't come to 'discuss' or 'support'. You came on to slag off the club and the team to the extent that most people thought you were a chav. Real man? Just a typical moaning old git.

I didn't see a make shift chelsea team, I saw 7 regular players from last season, 3 new signings and Christensen back from loan. To add, they had 4/5 first choice players out banned and injured.

I didn't see a make shift chelsea team, I saw 7 regular players from last season, 3 new signings and Christensen back from loan. To add, they had 4/5 first choice players out banned and injured.
It was the first time that specific back 3 had ever played together - then again Conte is good defensively and was always going to set them up well. They made the field narrow and neutralised our (little) pace - the rest is history. Or am I missing the point

Boulder

Billy Boulder is like a shit pseudonym for

latest

Bottom line for me is that Chelsea team yesterday had no right to win and they won.

It says infinitely more about us as a club.

MENTALITY.

Bottom line for me is that Chelsea team yesterday had no right to win and they won.

It says infinitely more about us as a club.

MENTALITY.
We had no right to get a draw at City last season, and the comeback against Swansea was equally unlikely. All it says is that our keeper made a bad error - nothing to do with 'mentality'.

Last edited:
That one really hurt. In a week that's seen some fucked up terrorist shit happen in my back yards, a row with my mrs and a family member at death's door, it would have been some nice relief to have been able to walk or of wembley without hearing several thousand racist cunts lauding it up over us. Special wanker badge to the cunt and his family in the flat overlooking wembley way bravely goading us with his Chelsea flag and wanker signs.

Fuck Chelsea and that murderer who scored for them today
There was a young English bloke in the row in front of me with a Barcelona Spurs T-shirt on, with "Mes que un cock" (which made me laugh) on the back. You by any chance?

Haha, I just looked back at that fucker Boulder's posts. "Wembley too big for us" and "said it before we'll do well to just stay up this season" standard horseshit.

We absolutely walloped Chelsea start to finish. We didn't get the joy of goals scored, but if we play like that for the rest of the season then the "Wembley woes" bullshit isn't going to last much longer.

It would have been absolutely silly to expect and rely on going unbeaten at "home" for a second season running, so let's focus on improving our away form and focus on being productive rather than cynical.

Our defense and Hugo's class will show up, and if we hammer away at opponents like we did yesterday then we'll have no shortage of goals either.

Back
Top Bottom