Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was in the starting lineup when he got injured. Pure fantasy..

Only because Son was late coming back from the Olympics. Son replaced him in the PL from Stoke onwards and Lamela only got a look in again because of Kane's injury. The team was better without him. How anyone could dispute that is beyond me. Walker and Trippier were better players without him, they must have loathed seeing his name on the team sheet - he left it their sole responsibility to provide width on the right, whereas players like Son and Eriksen are able to work in tandem with full backs, with them providing width sometimes. I really hope we can sort something out this transfer window, a loan to buy maybe. I'd take 10 with add one, given he hasn't played for a year, won't ever be given a new contract, with this one having either one or two years left, no one seems quite sure.

He had a very good 2015-16 season and a good start to last season as well. Not quite sure why some are so eager to bin. Deserves a shot if he ever comes back from injury.

It's been October return for quite a while now. It's amazing that it'd work out being 12 months out. Considering no one knew what his injury was until a few months ago.

Lamela sees and makes passes that even Eriksen can't at times and he's the best presser in the team; a trait that is integral to Pochettino's team.

Some people seem annoyed that he doesn't score, but that's not really his role. He's a creator and a 'defensive forward,' if you like. He'll play a crucial squad role when he gets back fit and I certainly wouldn't bet against him getting his first team place back before the end of the season.

I'm not bothered by him. It'd be nice to have him as depth, but we are clearly fine without him. He brings something different than Son, but Son is a better overall player. He shouldn't even be compared to Eriksen. His only impact last year was a dumb turnover that lost us the home game vs Monaco and sent our UCL campaign in a downward spiral.

It's been October return for quite a while now. It's amazing that it'd work out being 12 months out. Considering no one knew what his injury was until a few months ago.
There's a rumour floating around about drug abuse related ban which has been covered up through the mystery injury. The amount of crazy running he does and celebration against Everton might be proof!
372FD11500000578-0-image-a-42_1471102055559.jpg

I think Lamela will come back and be strong for us.

People forget that the only reason it took this long is because he didn't want to operate and tried alternative healing for the first seven months.

Lamela took two years to show anything and I would have carried him to Southend Utd myself.........but the season he came good he was one of our most important players.

History has been rewritten by some of the same fans that accused him of being in drugs and or severely depressed.

I think the levels of hyperbole were ridiculous but what's worse is the lack of support by some for one of our players who has suffered a terrible year football wise and personally.

Just get behind the lad while he's trying to get fit. He's working hard as always, and deserves the well wishing of every Spurs fan.

I don't care if he's "not reading the forum anyway", it's not the point.

Support your injured player, and raise the fucking roof on his return.

He works hard and can be very effective. His biggest weakness is taking on defenders with his flash moves which never seem to work out.

Baldini insisted we waste £30m of the clubs money on him, Baldini is toast and we're left with a player without the calibre to back up the fee paid. We've since moved on another level and left Lamela and his inadequacies behind.

There's a rumour floating around about drug abuse related ban which has been covered up through the mystery injury. The amount of crazy running he does and celebration against Everton might be proof!
372FD11500000578-0-image-a-42_1471102055559.jpg
...and where d'ya hear that?
....on the internet by any chance?

There's a reason why these rumours are called 'floaters'!

People forget that the only reason it took this long is because he didn't want to operate and tried alternative healing for the first seven months.

Lamela took two years to show anything and I would have carried him to Southend Utd myself.........but the season he came good he was one of our most important players.

History has been rewritten by some of the same fans that accused him of being in drugs and or severely depressed.

I think the levels of hyperbole were ridiculous but what's worse is the lack of support by some for one of our players who has suffered a terrible year football wise and personally.

Just get behind the lad while he's trying to get fit. He's working hard as always, and deserves the well wishing of every Spurs fan.

Nah, obvious druggie!!

He's been out so long I think people have forgotten what he offered to the team. The relentless work rate, pressing the opposition, and the cleverness to unpick a dogged defence. It didn't always come off, but I liked the fact he never gave up trying. He was starting to find his role within the team before he got injured. Such a shame for him.

He's been out so long I think people have forgotten what he offered to the team. The relentless work rate, pressing the opposition, and the cleverness to unpick a dogged defence. It didn't always come off, but I liked the fact he never gave up trying. He was starting to find his role within the team before he got injured. Such a shame for him.
Like a new signing once back :levyeyes:

Agreed.

Pochettinos Tottenham personified in one human. That's Lamela.

Also since Alli got sent off, Lamela now holds the record for dirty nasty player who has somehow never seen red. Which is made better by the fact that he looks like a pop star.

I'm a Spurs fan and I'm only looking at how the different players can improve the overall quality.

Fck this Lamela vs Son nonsense. They are both valuable to us!

Back
Top Bottom