Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I welcome the return of Lamela. And hope that his injury woes are now finished with.
Sure he might not score as many as Son, but he will have his role to play.
Remember his assist for Eriksen against City, inch perfect, perfect weight. Took 3 defenders out.
There is plenty more of that to come from him I hope.

Been saying the same for a long time and I'm yet to be proved wrong. He'll never play for Spurs in the PL again. He's not in Poch's plans. We're simply stuck with him because he's injured, and probably will be till January, by which time he'll hopefully be fit.

Been saying the same for a long time and I'm yet to be proved wrong. He'll never play for Spurs in the PL again. He's not in Poch's plans. We're simply stuck with him because he's injured, and probably will be till January, by which time he'll hopefully be fit.

What is the reason, aside from injury, that he is not in Poch's plans?

Because he has been injured since he last played, you're about as wrong as a wrong thing on this one.

What is the reason, aside from injury, that he is not in Poch's plans?

Simply no place for him, especially when we play 3 at the back. He has no chance of displacing Eriksen, Alli or Son - and then we could be adding Barkley to that list. Winks is an integral part of Poch's plans and positions both in CM and further forward will be found for him ahead of Lamela. Edwards is player we've just giving a new contract to he'll want to give him his chances, and we may add Sessegnon yet. Plus GKN might be given another season. So where the hell does Lamela fit into this? Especially as our form without him has been outstanding.

As one of only a handfull of players that can play on the right. Wait, you think Sissoko is ahead of him as well yeah?
:dembelelol:

Good players can play in multiple positions. Eriksen created goals with crosses from the right for Alli twice against Chelsea and also against Newcastle. And I'm sure there's other examples. Lamela has never created a single goal with a cross from the right, so you're argument isn't a strong one.

Some idiot saying Lamela has poor decision making.

Im guessing Trippier just hits and hopes whenever he crosses the ball too, huh?

Lamela is soooooo overrated by some on here , I don't think he'd be first choice for any of the top 7 or 8 English clubs , I've nothing against him he's an honest grafter but I think he's one of those players that is judged a lot more on what he could potentially achieve rather than what he does achieve.

Simply no place for him, especially when we play 3 at the back. He has no chance of displacing Eriksen, Alli or Son - and then we could be adding Barkley to that list. Winks is an integral part of Poch's plans and positions both in CM and further forward will be found for him ahead of Lamela. Edwards is player we've just giving a new contract to he'll want to give him his chances, and we may add Sessegnon yet. Plus GKN might be given another season. So where the hell does Lamela fit into this? Especially as our form without him has been outstanding.

There is no reason here that isn't due to his injury. The argument that he couldn't get ahead of Winks or Sissoko or any other unproven player isn't a very strong one. We're looking at Barkley precisely because Lamela is injured for longer than expected, not because he wouldn't have been able to do a job and develop into a better player if fit. If one of Son/Alli/Eriksen got injured or needed rotated he'd still be the best available option and that is with him missing a load of valuable coaching and playing time which the others benefited from in his absence. Poch coached Son back from the dead and would need to coach Barkley as well. Our form without Barkley and Edwards and Sessegnon and GKN etc. has been outstanding so it's a completely invalid point.

Go fuck off into the sun with that shit. Same crap people said about Son before last season.

Here's a reminder:

In 2015/16 bang average Lamela scored a pathetic total of 5 PL goals playing in a dominant team. I recall bang average Lamela, becoming the only Spurs player to my knowledge ridiculed whilst playing against a team who were at the time bottom of League 2. Sixty five minutes of stinking up the pitch with his unprecedented crap. Substituted to hails of derision wait for it, from Colchester fans.

He was in the starting lineup when he got injured. Pure fantasy..

Back
Top Bottom