Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son ahead of Lamela:harrylol:

Fucking madness this forum is:harrylol:

I love Lamela. But Son has done - and shown - more in a shorter time than he has. That's a fact, chief, whether you agree or think it's madness.

What has Lamela done? Some fancy flicks, a rabona and 2 years on the doctor's table? Scored 8 league goals in 60-odd games versus Son's 18 in 36?

Lamela typified the intensity and passion we needed LAST season. This season we pushed on a gear and he was nowhere. Hard to see how he just walks into the first team.

EDIT - Well worth a disagree...

By all means, have a different opinion, but at least discuss and debate it, rather than clicking a button to make a poorly formed point. Back up your view with facts and discussion.

:dembelefingers:

Last edited:
I love Lamela. But Son has done - and shown - more in a shorter time than he has. That's a fact, chief, whether you agree or think it's madness.

What has Lamela done? Some fancy flicks, a rabona and 2 years on the doctor's table? Scored 8 league goals in 60-odd games versus Son's 18 in 36?

Lamela typified the intensity and passion we needed LAST season. This season we pushed on a gear and he was nowhere. Hard to see how he just walks into the first team.

By all means, have a different opinion, but at least discuss and debate it, rather than clicking a button to make a poorly formed point. Back up your view with facts and discussion.

Hard facts. Thanks.

:adethumbup:

That's the point of the pre-season and double shifts. With a fair wind he could be rocking by early October, which works for our timetables I would have thought.

Having not played for so long and the premier league being well known for its high intensity I think he will take 10-15 games to really get back in a groove. Training is not the same as playing. That's more about building up fitness levels and strength than match sharpness.

And that's just based on general observations of footballers and what I am told by people who know more about professional football than me. So it might be he's back and flying.

But I doubt it very much.

Having not played for so long and the premier league being well known for its high intensity I think he will take 10-15 games to really get back in a groove. Training is not the same as playing. That's more about building up fitness levels and strength than match sharpness.

And that's just based on general observations of footballers and what I am told by people who know more about professional football than me. So it might be he's back and flying.

But I doubt it very much.
I'd say that mid-season injuries are very different and certainly take longer to hit stride and in any case 10-15 games is very excessive in either scenario. If he plays through September then I think he can be firing by October.

I'd say that mid-season injuries are very different and certainly take longer to hit stride and in any case 10-15 games is very excessive in either scenario. If he plays through September then I think he can be firing by October.

Fingers crossed. Without knowing what his injury really is it's difficult to say how it will effect his game I guess.

I'm not going to be on his case if he still looks rusty after a couple of months anyway.

This Son vs Lamela debate is drooling idiocy. They don't play the same roles. One is a wide forward who attacks the box to shoot, the other is a high volume passer and creator.

Did you actually watch either of them play the fucking game?

This Son vs Lamela debate is drooling idiocy. They don't play the same roles. One is a wide forward who attacks the box to shoot, the other is a high volume passer and creator.

Did you actually watch either of them play the fucking game?
Yep.

Could actually be an exciting combination playing together with Son's movement and runs in behind and Lamela's ability to spot and pick a pass that no one, at times not even Eriksen, in the squad can.

In fact, we saw a brief glimpse of that with Son's goal against CSKA away.

anyone know how his recovery from injury/surgery is coming on?

C5JxGk3VcAAzfNc.jpg

Hip injuries can be very tricky regarding new episodes and constantly getting injured if not treated properly.

We are playing for the long ball and I believe Lamela will be back in full force.

He can be a real Joker this year.

Good post Murphy, spot on.

I agree but think Lamela is still a really useful squad player, particularly off the bench. I don't see him and Son as an either/or scenario

His energy late on in a game could make a huge difference.

Still plenty of time for Lamela to realise his potential if he gets back from Injury ok

I agree but think Lamela is still a really useful squad player, particularly off the bench. I don't see him and Son as an either/or scenario

His energy late on in a game could make a huge difference.

Still plenty of time for Lamela to realise his potential if he gets back from Injury ok

What's the good of energy coupled with poor decision making.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom