Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what RBs that are reasonably known are available now.
Toljan is off to BD
Cancelo is off to IM

Pereira is still available but apparently we wouldn't match the £22m released clause for a 23yr old
Aurier is still Available yet has that permit issue
Sanchez can play there & we apparently are willing to pay £35m for his raw and versatile ability.

Body 9/10
Face 4/10

Got a halloweeny head.

She's got nice eyes, but I preferred her before the bleach

MAIN-NAP_MDG_310117HFLANAGAN_277HFLANAGANJPG.jpg

fuck me. Did anyone read the article.
When I posted it I said disregard the Sanchez stuff.
I said it's interesting for the PL.
like you said it's a worry for clubs and the PL like it said in the article
It wasn't you I was replying to. Anyway, it was the headline and early paragraphs I was moaning about. The Guardian has a dire habit at the moment of adding clickbait headlines to reasonable articles. They are desperate for revenue.

We would probably get him for about £10,000,000 in January.

Like I said though, this has Berahino written all over it. Injury. Development takes an even bigger hit. Everton continue to reject our bids. Leaves on a free and goes to Southampton or a smaller club to try and prove himself and no big club wants to take a risk.

It wasn't you I was replying to. Anyway, it was the headline and early paragraphs I was moaning about. The Guardian has a dire habit at the moment of adding clickbait headlines to reasonable articles. They are desperate for revenue.
I know it wasn't, but the article raised some intersting points, yet didn't go into depth.

I agree the Sanchez stuff, although true, isn't that much of an issue to us and was used to raise those points.
They need donations and it is a bit of a catch 22 for them

Little gutted about Barkley if I'm honest; I was really looking forward to seeing what Poch could do with him...

Be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks either way.

That's fucked it.
Was always touch and go after the op
They have a player, an asset, they want to shift for a lot of money. You make sure you don't rush them back after an operation.
Amateurish imo.

We would probably get him for about £10,000,000 in January.

Like I said though, this has Berahino written all over it. Injury. Development takes an even bigger hit. Everton continue to reject our bids. Leaves on a free and goes to Southampton or a smaller club to try and prove himself and no big club wants to take a risk.
Feels like none of our signings are going to come off.

Looking a lot like last minute panic buys just to buff the squad a la Sissoko.

I think levy is right in his approach up to a point but too often he seems to take it to the extreme and we end up not getting the player we apparently want because he's dragged it on so long.

You have to assume that we started this window with a certain amount of money we could spend. Say for arguments sake that was £50m (a pretty meagre sum in today's market). We've then brought in at least £80m odd in player sales. So at the very minimum we should have £130m to spend.

Now I don't think Levy can be accused of not being willing to spend money. His problem is he seems to have to feel like he's getting a bargain all the time. And that's the problem.

Say we gave in to reported demands...

£50m Barkley
£40m Sanchez
£22m Periera

That brings us in UNDER budget and we get our targets without all the fucking about. Barkley doesn't then get injured training for Everton and we don't run the risk of missing out on Sanchez because other clubs have now started showing interest.

Now maybe it's more a case of wage damands holding things up and I don't think Levy is wrong there. But if it's transfer fees as is constantly reported..."some way apart on valuation"... then Levy needs to bury the ego and just pay the going rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom