Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo did most of that before Cristiano. Brazil won a World Cup on his back and got the final of the one before doing the same but at 22. Before a seizure was the only thing that could stop him winning the final.

He's also revered by both Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Cristiano is great, but he's not R9 great imo.
And spent most of his career playing on a shit knee. Then you get to individual style and the fact that outside of his years at Madrid he was amassing cricket scores with far inferior support. It's not even a competition imo.

And it's 2 world cups and a runners up medal... technically :)

Last edited:
At least I've learnt a new Fighting Cock paradox today

"ITK isn't real because no one know what's happening, it's no possible................except if someone might get sacked, then literally hundreds of people could logically be privy..."

"....but even if those people know stuff, they don't know anything"

:avbcringe:
Never said that no one knows what's happening inside a football club, the idea that information inside a football club is locked down more securely than the government is absolutely absurd. It's just that those who are in the know aren't getting their jollies off spreading manure on an internet forum. Ridiculous.

At least I've learnt a new Fighting Cock paradox today

"ITK isn't real because no one know what's happening, it's no possible................except if someone might get sacked, then literally hundreds of people could logically be privy..."

"....but even if those people know stuff, they don't know anything"

:avbcringe:
Bottom line is some people actually are "in the know". Some of course are sad little cunts after a bit of attention.

My attitude is take it all with a pinch of salt and don't get too wound up either way.

If I told a small group of people a secret, and suddenly everyone found out, I can guarantee you I'd know who blabbed.

A quite rudimentary method is to tell different people slightly differing details, which then makes it clear where the information came from.

This is a world where a single transfer can now easily be worth over £100m - where one club can steal another transfer just before a contract is due to be signed - it most definitely is stringent on confidentiality, not least with us.
Again, how can it be a secret? The player knows...no telling who he told. The agent and their staff know...who did they tell? The selling chairman and board members know...who did they tell? The selling manager and staff have surely discussed it...who did they tell? The accountants and lawyers drafting up the deal for the selling club know...who did they tell? Did the tea lady overhear something? And that's just the people that you, as Tottenham Hotspur FC, cannot legally sack. You've got the same pack on your side.

Football transfers aren't state secrets.

Never said that no one knows what's happening inside a football club, the idea that information inside a football club is locked down more securely than the government is absolutely absurd. It's just that those who are in the know aren't getting their jollies off spreading manure on an internet forum. Ridiculous.

Others have said that (possibly even today) though.

Why couldn't a club be more locked down that a government? A football club doesn't have an exclusive policy of hiring lying cunts that are self-serving.

Bottom line is some people actually are "in the know". Some of course are sad little cunts after a bit of attention.

My attitude is take it all with a pinch of salt and don't get too wound up either way.

Definitely. Problem is, people expect an "ITK" to have a 100% hit rate.

Harry Redknapp was as ITK as they came with us, but he didn't have a clue about VDV until 11pm, and spent most of his time talking about deals for players we never signed. Even if Levy was on here, we'd probably be horrified as to how many we get close to signing, but miss out on.

I never claimed to be ITK. I don't even know what that means, I just know someone who is close to someone inside the board room, they occasionally provide me with info on transfers. That's not being an expert ITK, whatever that means
Yesterday you knew someone in the board room, just log out, mate

Again, how can it be a secret? The player knows...no telling who he told. The agent and their staff know...who did they tell? The selling chairman and board members know...who did they tell? The selling manager and staff have surely discussed it...who did they tell? The accountants and lawyers drafting up the deal for the selling club know...who did they tell? Did the tea lady overhear something? And that's just the people that you, as Tottenham Hotspur FC, cannot legally sack. You've got the same pack on your side.

Football transfers aren't state secrets.

Considering how many of our transfers come out of the blue you'd have to say that people are pretty good at keeping their mouths shut.

C'mon lads it's 2030, still 32 pages to go, and there sure as shit ain't any signings on the horizon.

ashley-wagner-BS1.gif

4/10. Must try harder.

That's not really relevant to Barkley tho - he's not leaving for money, so it's unlikely he rejected Everton's offer because he wanted more.

Still has the potential to raise expectations within him (and agent) and if the Chavs are lurking on the horizon things could easily end up following a familiar narrative. Afterall, much like the blue scum, we're still only offering him a squad place.

I figure if peeps get a sniff of a genuine circa-£20m price-tag, then i could see a bunch of clubs thinking 'why not?' before the window shuts... Depends on your p.o.v. on the player (*), but he could constitute 'bargain of the window' considering the ugliness of this summer.

(*I'm not convinced by his mentality nor football brain, never-the-less, ultimately I'm in the "I don't want him, but if Poch does...'" camp. I hope he sees him as a #8 though. As I allude to, I don't think he see the game like Eriksen for example. Strangely, given the nature of his skill set, in another universe, you could probably carve an awesome Dembele-esque player out of RB... Let's hope (if we get him) that said cosmic place is in fact under Poch's wing.)

Last edited:
Optimistic
Well, a bit but not really. I don't imaginge we'll get all five for a second and you can argue they're not all needed.
Like I say, the first two are a minimum, it would be a fuck-up of a window without them, however anyone tries to spin it. Part of me thinks we might get it done, plus the 3rd keeper, part of me thinks we'll be underwhelmed come Sepember 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom