Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats early?
What difference would it make if Tolijan was signed 6 weeks ago or in two days from now?

You still want signings right? In other positions..? Midfielders and attackers.....yes?

Is it too late there now too? Will you moan if we sign Barkley and Kovacic next week, because we didnt sign them last week?

Odd

And by the way, we dont even know how Trippier is yet

But the Argentinian said: “It’s important we do our business early. To work hard during the season and take early decisions.

“If you punch before the opponent, you have half of the job done.

"We need to be cleverer than the teams that invest more money than us. We need to arrive earlier than them.”

... But don't take Pochettinos word for it :deledoubt:

I would be surprised. Poch wants a certain level of fitness and familiarity with the 'philosophy'.

So......it's too late for Tolijan due to the reasons above. But if he had been signed 6wks ago it would be ok for him to start next week.

However, KWP who has been at Spurs since he was 16, under Pochs regime for three years and been with the senior squad the entire summer, is also not ready.

Pretty funny stuff this.

But the Argentinian said: “It’s important we do our business early. To work hard during the season and take early decisions.

“If you punch before the opponent, you have half of the job done.

"We need to be cleverer than the teams that invest more money than us. We need to arrive earlier than them.”

... But don't take Pochettinos word for it :deledoubt:

Well he hasn't has he.....sooooo

Last edited:
Beat one of the best sides in Europe comfortably with some lovely play. This thread goes into bigger meltdown (due to an injury no one even knows how serious it is). I don't want to know how you lot are after sex

So......it's too late for Tolijan due to the reasons above. But if he had been signed 6wks ago it would be ok for him to start next week.

However, KWP who has been at Spurs since he was 16, under Pochs regime for three years and been with the senior squad the entire summer, is also not ready.

Pretty funny stuff this.
Poch said today that KWP is not ready. Any Walker replacement would be expected to be ready with a full pre-season, in my opinion.

Poch said today that KWP is not ready. Any Walker replacement would be expected to be ready with a full pre-season, in my opinion.

Yes but that hasn't happened so it's either KWP or a new signing.

Neither of which are a good enough solution for you so either build a time machine, go back to May and force Levy to buy a RB, or accept the situation for what it is.

The new RB might be brilliant and slot right in. Then what? Then where does that leave your theory?

Last edited:
Yeah, that weak squad of ours I almost forgot about all the cover we had...
Last year if Trippier got injured we still had our first choice Walker. This year..no. So Dier covers and we have to start Wimmer (if he's not sold), or Wanyama moves back, or Carter-Vickers gets a start. Better or worse than last season? Just wish we had a clear plan after selling Walker,that's all.

Last year if Trippier got injured we still had our first choice Walker. This year..no. So Dier covers and we have to start Wimmer (if he's not sold), or Wanyama moves back, or Carter-Vickers gets a start. Better or worse than last season? Just wish we had a clear plan after selling Walker,that's all.

Our plan was Trippier and Tolijan/Pereirra

It still is our plan. The difference is that now Trippier is injured, but it hasn't changed anything in terms of who we are trying to sign

This shit tickles me. I remember the days when a player would be signed on a Friday and would be in the starting line up on the Saturday.

These players do actually do preseason training at their own clubs believe it or not.
So it's best we wait as long as possible and save a couple of million?

Remember, it isn't your money.

You don't think it might have been bettter to have New Kyle Walker in place for the start of the season? You honestly have no problem with us starting the season weaker than we finished the last? With a makeshift defence that's covered by players who not only haven't played for the first team, but who have hardly started for the U23s? Players you probably couldn't name right now?

And those who have stood fast behind our recruitmernt strategy window this summer really think this is an ideal way to go into a difficult season in a strange stadium, fighting the elite in the European Cup, being everything we want Tottenham Hotspur to be across four tournaments?

Honestly?

Quite simply, I don't believe you

So it's best we wait as long as possible and save a couple of million?

Remember, it isn't your money.

You don't think it might have been bettter to have New Kyle Walker in place for the start of the season? You honestly have no problem with us starting the season weaker than we finished the last? With a makeshift defence that's covered by players who not only haven't played for the first team, but who have hardly started for the U23s? Players you probably couldn't name right now?

And those who have stood fast behind our recruitmernt strategy window this summer really think this is an ideal way to go into a difficult season in a strange stadium, fighting the elite in the European Cup, being everything we want Tottenham Hotspur to be across four tournaments?

Honestly?

Quite simply, I don't believe you
We are a far better team than you give us credit for.

We are a far better team than you give us credit for.
Here's what Pochettino said about Kyle Walker Peters:

He's very young. It's true that to think and to give the big responsibility like Kieran, it's too much today for him. He's a player that needs to work with us and maybe start to play in different games but we cannot think that he is, in the case of Kieran weeks away from the team.

Are you honestly telling me you're happy with our squad going into the new season, when our manager tells us we have no right back ready to step up to the plate? Does anyone seriously think Pochettino is cool with this?

Again, if so, I don't believe you

Here's what Pochettino said about Kyle Walker Peters:

He's very young. It's true that to think and to give the big responsibility like Kieran, it's too much today for him. He's a player that needs to work with us and maybe start to play in different games but we cannot think that he is, in the case of Kieran weeks away from the team.

Are you honestly telling me you're happy with our squad going into the new season, when our manager tells us we have no right back ready to step up to the plate? Does anyone seriously think Pochettino is cool with this?

Again, if so, I don't believe you
Mate, every single youngster in our academy will do a Dele Alli and explode onto the scene. At least that's what Sammy's been telling me.
Earlier in the window Sammy was trying to convince me we didn't need Barkley or a new midfielder because Lesniak made a tackle and played a sideways pass to Kane who blasted it in from 30 yards. He also thought we didn't need new attacking midfielders because Onomah might do a Dele Alli, he's absolutely deluded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom