Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tagged but predictably ignored - it's ok - I don't blame you
I've just looked. Have you just claimed your own post as a pwning?

Brilliant. Haha. Your self esteem must be through the floor. You poor bastard.

giphy.gif

Add me to your long list. Hahaha, just brilliant. Genuinely chuckling. Your own post! Then finished of with a classic #ended

Tell me I've been found out now please? Let's complete this.
Well - where was I wrong? You claimed Poch fell out with Walker and actively banished him out of the club and wanted to sell him pronto. I think it's fair to say the myth is gone now - unless you're implying Poch is a liar.

Are you arguing that Sissoko is as good as the benchwamers at the clubs you cite? Or are you arguing that we need an upgrade on the quality of our benchwarmers? Is the latter then wages are very much an issue.
TBH we have different opinions about the game. There is no more benchwarmers, it is a squad game, 4 competitions. How many players did Poch rotate between PL and CL game? Let alone the other 2 cup competitions. 11 player team will not suffice through a season.
What I meant, we need players of price range of Sissko or less with similar weekly wages, which club is happy to pay, to strengthen the squad.

I've just looked. Have you just claimed your own post as a pwning?

Brilliant. Haha. Your self esteem must be through the floor. You poor bastard.

giphy.gif
I just love the fact that this supposed owning was so devastating nobody noticed it and you had to go looking for it to find out. :pochlol:

The guy seriously needs to step away from the computer and spend some time away from his multiple internet obsessions and tragic little online wars.

TBH we have different opinions about the game. There is no more benchwarmers, it is a squad game, 4 competitions. How many players did Poch rotate between PL and CL game? Let alone the other 2 cup competitions. 11 player team will not suffice through a season.
What I meant, we need players of price range of Sissko or less with similar weekly wages, which club is happy to pay, to strengthen the squad.
The quoted posts are taken out of context - ignore that silly post and read the full interview. Poch actually said competition is good and pushes players to improve - reason Davies and Trippier were signed. Problem is finding the right player - but Poch is very much for rotation

You say it's a squad game, but we have a set of players who are most likely to start and a second tier who are most likely to benchwarm. In order to make it more of a squad game as have to improve the second tier. But you also have to find players who are prepared to sit as understudies for players like Kane, Allie, Alderweireld and so on. That's harder to do when you're not offering them silly money like the clubs you mentioned.

The quoted posts are taken out of context - ignore that silly post and read the full interview. Poch actually said competition is good and pushes players to improve - reason Davies and Trippier were signed. Problem is finding the right player - but Poch is very much for rotation
Rotation is the most practical way to go for us!

Well - where was I wrong? You claimed Poch fell out with Walker and actively banished him out of the club and wanted to sell him pronto. I think it's fair to say the myth is gone now - unless you're implying Poch is a liar.
Here's what I actually said in the first instance...

I don't claim to be ITK so take this with a pinch of salt but my boss is friends with Steve Hitchen and suggests that we are actively looking to move Walker on.

I said to take this with a pinch of salt until something more concrete arose. Which it did. Naturally, the first bit of info shaped my future opinion of the Walker scenario. Now Poch has debunked it, I'm happy to concede I was wrong in believing the info I had received.

Unlike you, Arc, I'm not so cemented in my own myth that I simply cannot change my viewpoint, despite any evidence to the contrary.

Poch has confirmed there was no problem, I believe him and change my standpoint accordingly.

Thanks for pwning me though. With Poch's word. Imagine just writing down another mans words then claiming the #ending yourself.

Oh, to be as desperate for online gratification as you, Arc.

End me, Arc! I beg you!

Here's what I actually said in the first instance...

I said to take this with a pinch of salt until something more concrete arose. Which it did. Naturally, the first bit of info shaped my future opinion of the Walker scenario. Now Poch has debunked it, I'm happy to concede I was wrong in believing the info I had received.

Unlike you, Arc, I'm not so cemented in my own myth that I simply cannot change my viewpoint, despite any evidence to the contrary.

Poch has confirmed there was no problem, I believe him and change my standpoint accordingly.

Thanks for pwning me though. With Poch's word. Imagine just writing down another mans words then claiming the #ending yourself.

Oh, to be as desperate for online gratification as you, Arc.

End me, Arc! I beg you!
You cannot end what already's been ended

You say it's a squad game, but we have a set of players who are most likely to start and a second tier who are most likely to benchwarm. In order to make it more of a squad game as have to improve the second tier. But you also have to find players who are prepared to sit as understudies for players like Kane, Allie, Alderweireld and so on. That's harder to do when you're not offering them silly money like the clubs you mentioned.
We just had 2 examples. Tripper and Davis, good players with average salaries were happy to be second choice to Walker and Rose for long time. They played CL and cup games, they never complained.
All needed to sign such players to do a job when needed in the PL plus they will play matches in CL and cup games. To add, injuries do happen and those players becomes first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom