Spurs vs Kyle Walker's Oil Riggers 29/07/17 23:00BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is pretty much our starting eleven...looking like they can't string two passes together, I see no reason to be worried...

"I hate our fans on here sometimes"
Some people will say anything to look good. I remember when we were 2-0 down to Newcastle (and we know how that turned out) and people were being accused of 'melting'. Apparently we're not allowed to be concerned at all

Lloris is looking super sharp. I think we need Dembele and Winks to be a little more pioneering moving the ball up field to make space so the fullbacks, Eriksen and Dele can move off them. I don't think I really like the 4-3-3 so far though, but let's see the second half

City playing a high press and covering our passing from the back which makes life very difficult for us. We need pace to stretch teams who do this, but without Rose and Son (and no more Walker!) we are shit outta luck. Our best hope is that we can slip Kane through like we did at the end there, which to be fair he would slot given another chance.

I'm sure Poch is well aware of this though, don't get too wound up about a pre-season game eh lads..

This is pretty much our starting eleven...looking like they can't string two passes together, I see no reason to be worried...

"I hate our fans on here sometimes"
I'm going to say something that might just blow ur mind, but bare with me here....we're just having a bad game. Get. A. Fucking. Grip.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Onomah - Dembele
Eriksen - Alli - N'Koudou
Kane
Would like to see that - key is getting Dier off pronto.

Inject some pace with N'Koudou and Walker-Peters and Dembele deeper to stop the counter. Onomah given a game in his favoured position.

Some people will say anything to look good. I remember when we were 2-0 down to Newcastle (and we know how that turned out) and people were being accused of 'melting'. Apparently we're not allowed to be concerned at all
You can be concerned all you want; however, the reaction seems a little strange for friendly game. When did people start giving a shit?

You can be concerned all you want; however, the reaction seems a little strange for friendly game. When did people start giving a shit?

When we lose to City 1-0 at half time in a meaningless friendly.

We just lost to Roma 3-2 and the reaction wasn't even this bad - and we all saw the reaction to us beating PSG, who were a lot further ahead on their pre-season than us considering their league starts next week and they won their community shield against Monaco today.

As soon as it started you could see we were being overrun - don't understand why we didn't switch to a back 3. We look so much better in that formation.

Was wondering about this. Would you prefer to abandon the back 4 to improve our play in this match, or stick with the back 4 to try to address the issues (since it's a friendly). I'm not sure which I'd do.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Onomah - Dembele
Eriksen - Alli - N'Koudou
Kane
Would like to see that - key is getting Dier off pronto.

Inject some pace with N'Koudou and Walker-Peters and Dembele deeper to stop the counter. Onomah given a game in his favoured position.
That looks a shit side if being honest

They really only give a shit when we aren't playing our best. Go back and look at some of the match threads. The ones where we are completely dominating have hardly half the posts of when we are losing or drawing

Back
Top Bottom