Mighty Spurs vs AS Roma. Il derby di Totti

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don't need a lot of players just some flexible players to cover.

Pereira can play LB, RB, LW, RW, Barkley can play CM, AM. Those two alone would massively change our depth. Then when we get Son, Lamela, Rose etc back we will be quite strong.

2-3 good flexible players should be enough with our first team and a few good youth players to cover as well.
Barkley is garbage in central midfield but we don't need him there, Dembele, Wanyama, Winks and Dier is a great group. In an emergency, Dele or Eriksen would both be much better options than Barkley. If we get him we should give him an attacking role.

Watched the second half to see the Georgio kid of whom I knew nothing. Well, he's a.
strong athlete with some pace and seemingly possessed of a footballing brain. He's good to go.
TOB actually showed me something in this game. He looks alright. Can't say any more than that though atm.
Cengiz Under (my top pick) did well against us did he not?

Last edited:
Roma are the type of team we always seem to play in the knockout stages of the Europa........and the above sounds exactly how every single one of those bastard games seems to turnout for us

I was thinking the same. Felt like a Europa league game since the kick off. On paper we're the better squad, but somehow can't get it done. Can you say Gent?

Still buzzing. Full range of emotions in one night. Props to Section 121 for singing most of the night. Thrilled for Vinny to get a true #9s goal.

Very strange team selection in the first half. Lacked a creativity and speed/width. Some very lazy lackadaisical plays from Jan and Toby. Very uncharacteristic.

As soon as Eriksen came on that all changed. Very apparent we need another player with his skill set.

Disappointed with KWP. He's just not a threat going forward on the left side.
Interesting that he was played on the left, you would imagine as trips understudy he would be getting as many minutes as possible on the right

It was only a friendly & hence the following is a bit irrational, but almost 12 hours later I could still throttle that fucking cunt of a referee. Have never seen a worse performance from a ref in professional football. He's either grossly incompetent, crooked or both.

Not complaining about the result as such- we were very poor in the first half & were perhaps lucky to be still in the game at half time. But when the ref is the main talking point it pisses me off.

Georgiou looks a talent though. Watch this space for him breaking through. Another academy gem imo

Only seen 15 min highlights but watched all last season's matches and based on that and comments on here and elsewhere we do need more players. Joe is right without Eriksen we do not tick. (I do know there was a match at the end of the season he missed and we scored loads but that is rare) Unless Eriksen plays every single minute against good opposition we will struggle when he is missing. We do not have good enough defensive CB cover for when Jan or Toby do not play. CCV and Wimmer making too many mistakes. Only saw 1 effort from Georgiou but that was impressive. Never heard of him but would like to see more. Good to see Janssen score.

Was the ref as bad as he looked on the highlights? If we get all our bad decisions in pre season games it'll suit me. Great to see VJ looking sharp, not just the goal but good quick feet to hit the post on the first and set up Harry.

It was only a friendly & hence the following is a bit irrational, but almost 12 hours later I could still throttle that fucking cunt of a referee. Have never seen a worse performance from a ref in professional football. He's either grossly incompetent, crooked or both.

Not complaining about the result as such- we were very poor in the first half & were perhaps lucky to be still in the game at half time. But when the ref is the main talking point it pisses me off.

Georgiou looks a talent though. Watch this space for him breaking through. Another academy gem imo
The refs first name is Hilario...Which I believe is portuguese for hilarious.
His surname must mean cunt.

They outplayed us first half, but with reflection they didn't really do much. Can't remember Vorm making any saves.
In fact we probably had the better chances.
Ref spoiled the game. Most confusing penalty decision I have ever seen given.
The ref gifted them their first, probably shouldn't have had the last and we created their 2nd goal.
Two errors.
Georgiou was talked about for a while, got a serious injury and was out for 6 month.
Only made his return in May of this year.
So, hopefully he'll push on.
Can play left back when asked too.

Ps it frustrated me too. Could just tell it wasn't to be our night. I was waking the missus up and decided to go to bed after Wimmer cleared it to the only Roma player in the box.
Just one of those nights.

People are writing off some of the kids far too early...they can't all be like Alli or Winks and just slot in straight away.
I haven't seen anyone being written off. A few people saying they aren't ready... Which who knows until you give them some minutes in the real games.

I tell you what though, unless Onomah starts getting minutes in his actual position I think he's done. Don't understand forcing him to play in a role he really doesn't seem to have any ability in.

Still ain't sure what happened to wimmer on the winning goal?
Push or was it a slip?

If there is no VAR, what was Coco the fucking clown doing consulting a forth official, who was miles away from the incident?
He was right behind Fazio's foul on Kane but probably still had some custard pie in his eyes, and I believe he missed a neon signed 'look at me, I'm going to foul the defender' drag on Wimmer for the 3rd goal, as he was still mildly shocked when the doors fell off his fucking car.
He would be well at home in the early rounds of the Ropey League as UEFA go round the pubs on the day of the game asking if anyone fancies Reffing a game tonight.
Best part of the night was when he said to Poch, you're off, only for Poch to reply in Spanish 'No, I'mo fucking notto!'
Then again it must be difficult keeping up with play with a red nose and a pair of fucking great shoes.
Cunt.

200w.gif
Laughed so hard at that gif that I missed the 'funny' button and had try again! :dembelelol:

If there is no VAR, what was Coco the fucking clown doing consulting a forth official, who was miles away from the incident?
He was right behind Fazio's foul on Kane but probably still had some custard pie in his eyes, and I believe he missed a neon signed 'look at me, I'm going to foul the defender' drag on Wimmer for the 3rd goal, as he was still mildly shocked when the doors fell off his fucking car.
He would be well at home in the early rounds of the Ropey League as UEFA go round the pubs on the day of the game asking if anyone fancies Reffing a game tonight.
Best part of the night was when he said to Poch, you're off, only for Poch to reply in Spanish 'No, I'mo fucking notto!'
Then again it must be difficult keeping up with play with a red nose and a pair of fucking great shoes.
Cunt.
Post of the season take a bow Sir.
Am still laughing as I type. The doors falling "off the fucking car" has left me in stitches

Cunt.

dxo5B8I.jpg

Probably over excited by the the fact he was referreing a real game with real teams and top players other than the usual MSL middle of the road stuff that he normally officiates.

It just shows how low football levels in the US!

Cunt.
This is actually better than the match

Back
Top Bottom