Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That kinda harks back to that Edwards article posted on here - players who dribble can be a liability as much as they are an asset. Attempting a dribble, instead of playing a safe pass, could indicate a risk. It all depends on the manager's system.

Without seeing the 'failed dribbles', it's impossible to read in to it. I think a lot of people do that on purpose though, to try and misuse stats.

Yeah Trippier's fail rate is fairly low because he doesn't try many (0.2p90) but, personally, I take that as a negative too.

Yeah Trippier's fail rate is fairly low because he doesn't try many (0.2p90) but, personally, I take that as a negative too.
Whoever loses possession the least whilst creating the most goals will always get my vote, don't care how they get to those stats.

I don't think it's progressive to think that way. Football has evolved a lot since the "knock it past 'im, Bill" days.

I don't think it's progressive to think that way. Football has evolved a lot since the "knock it past 'im, Bill" days.

I would argue the opposite in that the attacking role of the full-back, or at least Pochettino full-back/wing-back, has moved away from being about getting in crosses and towards a prioritisation of providing width which is only achieved via an athleticism that Trippier is lacking - as demonstrated by his lack of take-ons.

I would argue the opposite in that the attacking role of the full-back, or at least Pochettino full-back/wing-back, has moved away from being about getting in crosses and towards a prioritisation of providing width which is only achieved via an athleticism that Trippier is lacking - as demonstrated by his lack of take-ons.

It's potentially how he adapted to Walker's weakness & strengths, rather than how he wants the team to play. We'll see more as to what his plans are over the coming season I reckon.

That kinda harks back to that Edwards article posted on here - players who dribble can be a liability as much as they are an asset. Attempting a dribble, instead of playing a safe pass, could indicate a risk. It all depends on the manager's system.

Without seeing the 'failed dribbles', it's impossible to read in to it. I think a lot of people do that on purpose though, to try and misuse stats.

Townsend would dribble 24/7, it didn't make him a good player. In fact he often ran into players and lost the ball.

My reading of this situation is that Trippier is usually so far forward that he doesn't need to dribble - he's already in the final third and makes his runs off the ball, rather than with it.

Come to think of it, I'd be very surprised if he hasn't nabbed the number 2 shirt off of the outgoing Walker. At least it'll make his twitter handle correct again!

Tripper: D-does this mean....I'm the first choice RIGHT BACK!?!?!?

Poch: :pochrolleyes: No, but have some more money

Tripper: Oh, okay then..:walkercry:

Width leads to crosses. They're almost synonymous.

We play with 3 at the back. We do that to allow the Wing Backs to play higher up the pitch.

The solution to Tripper not being as fast as Walker? You simply push him up higher, which is what he did last season.

Back
Top Bottom