Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DCOC99SWsAIAD_j.jpg:large
So THAT'S the new Spurs kit...
at last!

Spurs poised to offer Kieran Trippier new five-year deal with Kyle Walker's future uncertain

Spurs poised to offer Kieran Trippier new five-year deal with Kyle Walker's future uncertain

Tottenham Hotspur are set to offer Kieran Trippier a new five-year contract, as the future of Kyle Walker still hangs in the balance.

Trippier is in line for improved terms after an impressive finish to last season which has elevated him into Gareth Southgate's senior England squad.

Signed from Burnley for £3.5million in June 2015, Trippier has three years remaining on his current deal but will become the latest Spurs player to commit his long-term future to the club.

The 26-year-old played the majority of Spurs' games ahead of Walker from April onwards and is expected to go into the next season as Mauricio Pochettino's No 1 right-back.

Trippier also made his England debut last week, starting in the 3-2 defeat against France last week.

Southgate said: “He’s a player that I’ve watched a lot, from when he was at Burnley. He has had limited game time at Spurs but he fits the profile of a full-back that we like – he’s very good with the ball and I like his mentality.

“He’s a player we wanted to bring in so he gets a feel for how we work, and it’s a good opportunity for us to look at him.

“He and Kyle Walker will have been pushing each other every day and, in my opinion, they along with Nathaniel Clyne are the three best right-backs in the country.”

Trippier's new deal is expected to be agreed before Walker's sale is sanctioned.

Fully deserved if true, had a great season.

Good news, but the suggestion that it's linked to the KW rumours is rather dubious considering KT has ticked all the boxes asked of him either way.

Haha

I'm OK with it if he remains our number two, happy for him on his new deal.

Major, major concerns if we go into next season if he is our first choice. (Only positive for me if that scenario is realised is I think Walker-Peters is a better footballer than him, if he can sort out the mental challenge of taking a first team opportunity he will surpass Tripps).

So Trippier is now reported to be on £65k a week but the same news organs reckon Alli is on £50k pw, and what's Walker on as a senior player and first choice in that position.

Not a flashy player, probably will never be as 'marketable' as Walker and certainly, won't offer the same kind of defensive cover as Walker. What he lacks in style, however, he makes up with practicality. This upcoming is the first season since he burst on the scene that Kane will have had a proper summer and preseason, Trippier can do the simple and direct, I'm expecting a stats bomb this season from 'K Dawg' now if he's the first choice.

Haha

I'm OK with it if he remains our number two, happy for him on his new deal.

Major, major concerns if we go into next season if he is our first choice. (Only positive for me if that scenario is realised is I think Walker-Peters is a better footballer than him, if he can sort out the mental challenge of taking a first team opportunity he will surpass Tripps).
Calling him a number two is a bit harsh.

Ooooh, shirt number.......

That's pathetic.

That kinda harks back to that Edwards article posted on here - players who dribble can be a liability as much as they are an asset. Attempting a dribble, instead of playing a safe pass, could indicate a risk. It all depends on the manager's system.

Without seeing the 'failed dribbles', it's impossible to read in to it. I think a lot of people do that on purpose though, to try and misuse stats.

Back
Top Bottom