Tottenham Hotspur are unique to you because.....?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its not for the glory nor total domination of the English game we've had our great players...but not for long! We're not going conquer Europe anytime soon....so what is about Tottenham Hotspur that makes them your team? History,great teams of the past or is just the name TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR?

Its not for the glory nor total domination of the English game we've had our great players...but not for long! We're not going conquer Europe anytime soon....so what is about Tottenham Hotspur that makes them your team? History,great teams of the past or is just the name TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR?

My stepdad was a Tottenham lad, I'm Islington born and from an early age was told Woolwich rubbish, Tottenham good. Did coincide with us actually being pretty good in the early 80s. Also there is only one Hotspur!

They re-ignited my love for football. I played football from the moment I could walk until turning 18 in 2008 but I mainly only followed the Swedish league and kept the PL in my tertiary view. I then fell off completely when I moved away for university studies in 2009. In 2011 I decided to get back into football because I needed something to do with my free time and I basically planted my ass in front of the TV during the Christmas holidays and ended up getting attached to Tottenham. Never made it to the lane sadly due to time constraints/being a poor student but I have a new job with less travel and better pay so I'm looking at making my first trip to the holy land once the new stadium is open

It was Love at First Sight .............. pure and simple. Can't explain why, just happened the minute I walked up the stairs and saw the pitch for the first time at WHL, it just felt right.

Used to walk past Selhurst Park on the way to primary school. My mum and brother support Woolwich; just contrary I guess.

Last edited:
In '03, had an Irish fella who supports United living across the street. Watched a few games with him and Euro '04 came about, fell in love with the game (being an American we played baseball and "football"). Talked with said Irishman, and he told me this "Don't pick a team, watch the EPL for 1 year and then pick the team you most like in how they play." After 1 year, Spurs. I never looked back after that because I love the way we play, in fact in a rare instance a non-supporter of Spurs said to me, "proper club". That is what makes Spurs unique to me, being a supporter for a short time because I love the football we play.

Because they were the first professional club I saw live back in 1966. Love at first sight.
Well you've been supporting Tottenham since before I was born, so I'm really not worthy mate. May I ask you where you were when we were shit? Because I can't remember the ground being packed full of Americans in the mid 80's. I remember bowling up and paying on the gate. Where did you figure in this football utopia?

Because they're the only team I have a tattoo of , unless there's a team who has a badge of a huge , angry koi carp swimming out of a whirlpool of skulls ?

Last edited:
When we won the accountancy wars . , buy to sell policy, balance sheet utopia.
The pride and glory in certain circles was, is overwhelming. Our two bald midjit hero El Supremo 's leading us like a Hellene Alexander in their conquest of sensibility .
Seeing Uncle Joes new super yacht , tears in eyes pull out of Portofino and our own little Dan the highest payed dwarf in world history save football from glutony .

When we won the accountancy wars . , buy to sell policy, balance sheet utopia.
The pride and glory in certain circles was, is overwhelming. Our two bald midjit hero El Supremo 's leading us like a Hellene Alexander in their conquest of sensibility .
Seeing Uncle Joes new super yacht , tears in eyes pull out of Portofino and our own little Dan the highest payed dwarf in world history save football from glutony .
Fidel - you're coming over as the greedy one. Eat more than you can afford, just to satisfy your gluttony - die in a corner surrounded by debt owing for pies? Good luck on the farm hombre.

My dad took me to my first game - Spurs vs Leeds - it finished one all and david Howells got stretchered off. I think Brian Deane scored a decent goal that day.

Hooked from that moment on and my dad wouldn't let me support anyone else anyway!

I love the traditional Spurs style of football, the great players we've had, the attacking football we play...I loved (to a certain extent!) the era when we played with 5 attackers under Ardiles!

There's something gloriously underdog about Spurs sometimes...and I love that. Obviously I want us to win trophies, but the right way. There's so much more to love about the club.

COYS

i was around 10 years old watching my first live game of Spurs. a couple of things i remember from that day; their kit looked great (especially after a sliding tackle lol!). they didn't 'put snow on the ball', they played football.

Fidel - you're coming over as the greedy one. Eat more than you can afford, just to satisfy your gluttony - die in a corner surrounded by debt owing for pies? Good luck on the farm hombre.
Thanks Joe ,
Very busy with Latitude , holiday season etc .
I don't want gluttony but a balance a little more adventure , giving Poch a real chance .
paying players so they will stay and no world transfers or absurd last minute Sissoko transfers .

Back
Top Bottom