Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much has changed in 10yrs. We are no longer 11th or 8th. We are 3rd and 2nd, finishing above them 3 out of last 4 seasons. They have been trying to sign Bale, Lloris, Kane, Rose, Poch, McDermott, Dele in the past and have failed, now it's Dier they crave, another season will go by with these players continuing to bang in the goals past them.

We didn't accept their bid for Bale even though it was more that Madrid's. If we have a player that is wanting out I'm confident they will not go to a rival.

They also had Fergie back then, and when Carrick signed for him it was guarenteed he'd win titles, guaranteed, and in reverse that Spurs would not. He was also obviously more talented than others in our team, a lot of our players were mediocre at best back then. We weren't even qualifying for the Europa League back then. Now we're the second best team in the league.

Go on Pleaty, you tell'um son!

Pleat will be close enough to Levy to be saying exactly what the club sentiment is imo.

The whole reason these transfer stories for Walker and Dier are being played out in the press I think is that Levy won't even speak to them, let alone quote a price - hence they keep on fishing by quoting numbers to the press hoping to get a bite.

They also had Fergie back then, and when Carrick signed for him it was guarenteed he'd win titles, guaranteed, and in reverse that Spurs would not. He was also obviously more talented than others in our team, a lot of our players were mediocre at best back then. We weren't even qualifying for the Europa League back then. Now we're the second best team in the league.

Used the gist of this comment when debating the transfer with a Man U supporting colleague this morning...basically saying that in the past you would have to fight to get any Spurs players in a joint team but now it the other way round - most of the team would be Spurs, with arguments to be made for Man U players in (maybe) one or two positions.

He wasn't having it and apparently Pogba would walk into any side in the world...including ours...

I love Dier, future England captain in my view.
I remember a year or so ago talking to a Man U mate and saying how perfectly he would fit in, to which he replied that he wasn't to fussed. Now he's desperate to have him.

Absolutely nothing in these newspaper rumours except the fact Man U want him.

Fuck me sweetheart you've had this post in your golden folder for a while. This is the Eric Dier thread though, so please fuck off back to melt land and take your tape measure with you. #Microcock
Always find the need to be offensive don't ya. But always avoid answering the fucking question

Always find the need to be offensive don't ya. But always avoid answering the fucking question
Funny how you always turn what you have been accused of onto other people. I've never not answered a question. But seeing as it's you asking, the answer is yellow.

My post is about Eric Dier because it's in the Eric Dier thread.

Now run along, I don't want to interrupt your bouts of embarrassment.

My post is about Eric Dier because it's in the Eric Dier thread.
Now run along, I don't want to interrupt your bouts of embarrassment.
Now now. You generalised the point yourself. If any player is wanting out, I'm sure we would not sell him to a rival.
Your words, in this thread, just yesterday.
We're selling Walker to a rival, and you think Its me that should be embarrassed!...
It's OK to be stupidly wrong on occasion you know. I was on the stadium. But it takes a man to admit it.

Back
Top Bottom