Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no difference at times on here.

No one I have seen is bemoaning last season's quite remarkable statistics let alone performances but it is set against a lack of trophies.

Those who cite work in progress or talk of entitlement do a disservice to sensible and desired improvement.

So lets see how we go in the transfer window but we need to buy to be as good as last season.

Simple as.

Let me give those who dismiss psychology a thought. Mourinho and Guardiola and even Klopp would have been smarting last season and Wenger in a state of implosion, to have finished behind us. An essy call to their purse holders.

Complacency or an over-frugal approach will screw us over.

Last edited:
Not to mention embarrassing ourselves in Europe. In both competitions.
I thought the Wembley game against Gent was a very courageous performance. Dele stitched us and we got caught on the break giving our all and being there you saw the utter exhaustion of the players when Gent scored their second. I was proud of the players that night, not embarrassed. Same with the CL. The Leverkusen games were crap but we had Monaco, one of the best teams in Europe as the 4th seed in our group whilst others got Rostok, Zagreb or Ludogorets.

The CL semi finalists were the 4th seed in our group. That's unheard of and had never happened before.

Yeah how dare we not win the title and CL....did you see CJJs post on what City bought last year? Where did they finish?

Your blind faith in signings meaning success is so flawed that you don't even want to see it.

If we sign Lemar and Costa and they are no better than what we have, then what's next in your theory? Levy out? Poch out? Lemar out? Costa out?
I mean god forbid we give the new players another season? Who gets the chop?

What next? Keep buying?

Nice one
Blind faith in signings meaning success ....mate bar a few home grown lads our whole squad was purchased at some point

What if just like when we signed wanyama last season even though we already had dier in that role, a Lemar or a Costa come in and we improve and win the league.
All hypothetical, your never going to know if a signing works out or not. Im not and i don't think anybody is saying for us to go out and spend stupid dough , I love the way we have built this squad aswell, but I just dont understand this whole notion of us not being able to improve.

If anyone is bored and fancies a challenge, can you check when the last time a team made no transfers in the summer window?

I know from posting previously that United did it back in 1995, but curious to see if it's a regular thing.

I had a feeling Chelsea did it not long ago, but couldn't see a season when I checked.

If anyone is bored and fancies a challenge, can you check when the last time a team made no transfers in the summer window?

I know from posting previously that United did it back in 1995, but curious to see if it's a regular thing.

I had a feeling Chelsea did it not long ago, but couldn't see a season when I checked.
Didn't Barca get banned a couple years back? And Atletico this one?

Makes no difference at times on here.

No one I have seen is bemoaning last season's quite remarkable statistics let alone performances but it is set against a lack of trophies.

Those who cite work in progress or talk of entitlement do a disservice to sensible and desired improvement.

So lets see how we go in the transfer window but we need to buy to be as good as last season.

Simple as.

Let me give those who dismiss psychology a thought. Mourinho and Guardiola and even Klopp would have been smarting last season and Wenger in a state of implosion, to have finished behind us. An essy call to their purse holders.

Complacency or an over-frugal approach will screw us over.
Who the fuck is being complacent? We bought players, we improved, we finished higher then you ever thought possible. Why are you so shit scared about what & how we are doing?

Let's be serious. How much will we pay wages for a new 'marquee' signing?
Douglas Costa is on about £90k a week . Will we pay him that, or better it?
And pay the £30m fee.
Now if one of these 'marquee' signings is willing to take a little bit less, then fine. They want to play for us.
Yet there are other clubs out there who will pay £100k and have a bench full of players on that.
They are more likely to go elsewhere. As everyone say, you can't blame them.

If Lemar is offered £100k a week to play for Liverpool or Woolwich would he go there.
If the reported wage bills are correct he doesn't even get 5k a week at Monaco.
I can't se us paying him more than 60k tops.

The year we only signed Paulo Tremazzini should count.....

Let's be serious. How much will we pay wages for a new 'marquee' signing?
Douglas Costa is on about £90k a week . Will we pay him that, or better it?
And pay the £30m fee.
Now if one of these 'marquee' signings is willing to take a little bit less, then fine. They want to play for us.
Yet there are other clubs out there who will pay £100k and have a bench full of players on that.
They are more likely to go elsewhere. As everyone say, you can't blame them.

If Lemar is offered £100k a week to play for Liverpool or Woolwich would he go there.
If the reported wage bills are correct he doesn't even get 5k a week at Monaco.
I can't se us paying him more than 60k tops.
Isn't sissocko on like 80 k a week, flog him off and offer those wages to one of those 2, if an Woolwich or a liverpool come in and are willing to give said player more than that then fair enough won't have any complaints. Wouldn't want our club to start paying ridiculous wages we can't afford.

I thought the Wembley game against Gent was a very courageous performance. Dele stitched us and we got caught on the break giving our all and being there you saw the utter exhaustion of the players when Gent scored their second. I was proud of the players that night, not embarrassed. Same with the CL. The Leverkusen games were crap but we had Monaco, one of the best teams in Europe as the 4th seed in our group whilst others got Rostok, Zagreb or Ludogorets.

The CL semi finalists were the 4th seed in our group. That's unheard of and had never happened before.
We were the only English club to fail to get through the group stage.
We then went out of the Europa league in a round of 32 tie against fucking Gent.... GENT over 2 fucking legs.

Yes sir..however you try and dress it up, we embarrassed ourselves in Europe.

And we need to strengthen our squad and show some fucking ambition to make sure we don't do the same again this time round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom