Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he is...? And we don't get Barkley either...?

...I mean, imagine HOW disappointed you'll be come December; when there's no signs of us having the league sewn up...!!!

...Maybe 'quitting' is the answer?
Get out now, bro!!!! ...Save yourself the pain!!! :dierpochhug:
Looks like we can't even tie up the Sessegnon deal either. I can live with missing out on the likes of Barkley and Lemar, that's probably down to our financial situation. But if we can't sign promising youngsters like Sessegnon, we're well and truly done for in the transfer market

Looks like we can't even tie up the Sessegnon deal either. I can live with missing out on the likes of Barkley and Lemar, that's probably down to our financial situation. But if we can't sign promising youngsters like Sessegnon, we're well and truly done for in the transfer market

You know what... I'm sold.... Lets find a bridge... We can jump together and moan about being out gunned in the market on the way down.

Really hope Marcel isn't an alternative to Lemar

He probably will be, Nkouduo/Nije where the Osumne Dembele alternatives.

Whenever we get our emergency or second options like Fazio, Sissiko etc they almost never work. When we get a player we really go hard after like Toby or Victor they often tend to be really good.

It might just be luck but we have been constantly linked with Lemar and Sessegnon so it will disappointing to get a second or third target.

If so it goes to show the whole CL football thing is bollocks, it's money unfortunately.

Let's hope there is something about this fast French winger that separates him from the others. Maybe Nkoudu was lonely so they wanted to buy him a cheap friend.

He's cheap and fast.... Somehow there's a Miles/Per/Gallon ratio in there somewhere driving our AM recruitment.

This fucking club!:levylol:

I think we've become an excellent team which doesn't need too many additions.

No issue with that but Id rather use Winks and Onomah than buy a cheaper worse player than them. Some of our recent purchases show we should either get our first or second options or if not just give our youth players a chance.

I really hope we don't do another Sissoko. Quite frankly if we had spent our whole budget on Bernardo Silva this summer and just got one player of real quality (yeh I know he probably still would have chosen City) that for me would have been a great summer.

No issue with that but Id rather use Winks and Onomah than buy a cheaper worse player than them. Some of our recent purchases show we should either get our first or second options or if not just give our youth players a chance.

I guess we're not producing pacey wide players, which is while we're happy to roll the dice for a few on the side of our main trf business.... i.e. Toby, Vic, Jansen (made sense on paper and was wrapped up quite early)

I really hope we don't do another Sissoko. Quite frankly if we had spent our whole budget on Bernardo Silva this summer and just got one player of real quality (yeh I know he probably still would have chosen City) that for me would have been a great summer.

There's a pretty fair tone to most of this.... Tho I think this is where it's becomes quite apparent; once you break it down there's very few 'kinds' of moves we can make this window. Even with the 1 marque move approach it's gotta be the right guy for the right position and most importantly (for our predicament and financial harmony) the right personality... T-h-e-n they will have to want to come to us above the usual suspects that are happy (and can afford) to stockpile top tier talent.

...And to that ends I am somewhat at peace with the idea that IF magic mister X becomes known to us we will go as 'hard' as poss... At least 'harder' than maybe we are prepared to extend ourselves for Lemar or even Silva (for example).

Last edited:
In other news Matic going to united for 40M with Chelsea replacing him for someone younger and for less money is absolutely hilarious! Their signings/targets are incredibly underwhelming. Lindeloff/Matic/Peresic/Morata!

So funny looking at the 'Harry Kane' thread on redcafe they say the most entitled shit like 'we should always have the best British talent' or 'he's such a United player' etc! What?! Like Fellaini and Lingaard?! Fuck of you deluded entitles cunts! I love seeing them basically buy limited bruisers!

I'll tell you what else, united fans are hilarious with their 'at least we're winning trophies' etc what?! The fucking league cup?! As if winning that and finishing 8 would be a great season for us?! We've been there and it wasn't! As if top players look back and think 'great night's winning cups but the league cup of 2016, man, that was the pinicle!' They do in their fucking hoop.

Fair enough re the Europa league but they think they're above it! If it wasn't for Seville winning it so much I wouldn't have a notion?! Didn't shaktar win it kinda recently?! I couldn't even tell you!

Sorry I'm rambling just can't wait for another season of mediocrity and shit boring negative football for a those entitled childish greedy arrogant dicks

Last edited:
If so it goes to show the whole CL football thing is bollocks, it's money unfortunately.

Exactly... Don't fool yourself thinking the new stadium will be the quick impact miracle cure some have convinced themselves it will be either. After reading some respectable number crunchng on the matter it seems the most we can hope for in early seasons is maybe 1 'glitzy' (for us!) player + wages on top of what we can otherwise afford.

Then consider the 'uber' clubs bring in 2/3 minimum most windows anyway!

The boost in TV money only serves to lessen it's impact vs other EPL teams too.

More of the same modus operandi (albeit with a slightly bigger kitty) is the only way we'll consolidate what we're building on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom