Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkley is my pick as he is experienced in PL and as we know too well some of these flash overseas Harry's cannot cut it in the hardest league in the world.

Barkley will be going down the 'adding to the squad' route that we do nearly every season. City, Liverpool, United and Chelski are actively targetting players to improve their first X1 so it would be dissapointing if this is what we are planning on doing.
1 or 2 real quality players to improve the first X1 is what we need.
Not sure why people keep saying this.

We are a multi formation side and that relies on a flexible squad. Signing quality squad players will improve our first team.

And seriously guys, where are you watching all these players?
Not a dig, just really want to know how I've never heard of someone but everyone else has intricate knowledge of their traits and how they would or wouldn't help Spurs.

Not a dig, just really want to know how I've never heard of someone but everyone else has intricate knowledge of their traits and how they would or wouldn't help Spurs.

1rb2n8.jpg

It's called football manager. You most definitely shouldn't let yourself get addicted to it. It's worse than horse.

I can't have a laptop incase I relapse....

There is a "Fat Graham - Welcome to Liverpool" - video on Youtube now, so I suppose the signing is just around the corner.

:angryscouser:
Has this joke been tried already?

Last edited:
Not sure why people keep saying this.

We are a multi formation side and that relies on a flexible squad. Signing quality squad players will improve our first team.
You should always have the mindframe of improving the first X1. If it doesnt work out those quality signings that you targetted to improve the first X1 will simply become quality squad players. If your mindframe is to simply add good squad players and it doesnt work...those squad players could become sissoko's who we will be trying to shift a year later. Always aim high.

You should always have the mindframe of improving the first X1. If it doesnt work out those quality signings that you targetted to improve the first X1 will simply become quality squad players. If your mindframe is to simply add good squad players and it doesnt work...those squad players could become sissoko's who we will be trying to shift a year later. Always aim high.
Dele, Dier & Wanyama were all signed as squad players.

My main point is that we are moving away from a first 11 and going with rotation and integration more.

We have a few unused players, but not many in the whole squad can complain about lack of game time. We really do play a squad game.

I'm not sure who you want improved on in your favored 11?

Remember you want to improve on them, not use alongside.

Just had a skim of that article comparing Siggy and Barkley. Bit odd he adds other players (Ozil, Hazard, Payet, Coutinho, Firmino) into the mix. Yet somehow manages to ignore one of the finest central attacking midfielders in the league who these players would be a competitor to if they were to join us.

Can you guess who that is? Not one mention.
Yeah, he doesn't mention Eriksen because Eriksen isn't similar to either. He's kind've off in his own space.

Also, Tottenham players aren't as popular, so if you want interest, you mention the other guys.

Dele, Dier & Wanyama were all signed as squad players.
Disagree that Wanyama was. Think Poch had it in his mind to make Wanyama a starter being that he rated him so highly.

N'kodou, N'jie, Sissoko, Janssen, Wimmer, and Trippier were our latest squad player signings with 1 being a success and 1 being decent. That's about 80m spent when that money could have been spent on 2 (or maybe 3) real quality players that could impact our first X1 and really push us on.

I feel 1 real quality signing and another really good signing is the way to go this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom