Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to know where and what player can be improved on in the strongest eleven.

We've got the strongest eleven in the Premier League.

We would have said that last year and then we got Wanyama.

Also: Son can be improved upon. Great player to have around but there are better.

We would have said that last year and then we got Wanyama.

Also: Son can be improved upon. Great player to have around but there are better.

He doesn't get in to our strongest XI when we play 433/352, can you name a better squad player/sub option who'd be as happy as he seems?

I can't take any analysis like "Expected Assists" into account, because it bears no attention towards the most important factor in an assist - some other fucker scoring it. Put Messi in a pub team and he'd never get an assist if Fat Graham up front has the shooting skill of a 6 year old.
But if we could just get Fat Graham to give the ball to messi every time he gets it he'd be the assist king.....Daniel, get Graham on the phone NOW!
:dwi:

(Cracking post btw :thumbup:)

Unfortunately, we've signed a few Fat Grahams in the Premier League era.

:memeokay:
tottenham-hotspur-andy-reid-192-merlin-2005-2006-fa-premier-league-sticker-quiz-collection-55716-p.jpg

Fat Andy

Does anyone reckon Barkley is good enough for us, seems to be an undiscussed issue on here?

Really don't know. He didn't set the world alight last season, but he always seemed to be one of the best prospects out there previously. I don't really rate Koeman, he comes across like a man who thinks he's a better coach than he is, so I'm not sure if Barkley is just suffering as the scapegoat.

He doesn't get in to our strongest XI when we play 433/352, can you name a better squad player/sub option who'd be as happy as he seems?

Yeah but the player who is better than him would get into the first XI. So that wouldn't be an issue. Not advocating selling Son at all.

Douglas Costa and Isco were targets that felt possible once upon a time. There are others that good, and we need to sign one of them before they get snapped up. Dont ask me to name names cos I'm not a professional scout.

Maybe Lamar is that good, despite watching Monaco a few times he never caught my eye. I was too busy getting a lob on over Bernardo Silva and Mendy

Yeah but the player who is better than him would get into the first XI. So that wouldn't be an issue. Not advocating selling Son at all.

Douglas Costa and Isco were targets that felt possible once upon a time. There are others that good, and we need to sign one of them before they get snapped up. Dont ask me to name names cos I'm not a professional scout.

Maybe Lamar is that good, despite watching Monaco a few times he never caught my eye. I was too busy getting a lob on over Bernardo Silva and Mendy

Or Dele or Eriksen?

Or Dele or Eriksen?

Anyone wonder if some of the Monaco chaps might be 'benefitting' from 'better than the sum of their parts' syndrome?

Same theory as applied by some with regards to some of our boys (Poch factor etc.)...

Anyone wonder if some of the Monaco chaps might be 'benefitting' from 'better than the sum of their parts' syndrome?

Same theory as applied by some with regards to some of our boys (Poch factor etc.)...

Not at all, 18 year old Mbappe who's had 6 months of regular starts is definitely worth over £100m.

Not at all, 18 year old Mbappe who's had 6 months of regular starts is definitely worth over £100m.

I hear you, I mean, no chance in hell he chokes trying to fill the shoes of one of the greatest players of recent generations if he gets snapped up by RM amongst all this tax fiasco.

...Right?:pochwtf:

I hear you, I mean, no chance in hell he chokes trying to fill the shoes of one of the greatest players of recent generations if he gets snapped up by RM amongst all this tax fiasco.

...Right?:pochwtf:

Not if he's moving from Monaco no, bet he has a access to shit hot accountants.

I hate to say it but I've not seen anything that excites me about Lemar. He seems like a Monaco Rebrov to me.

- Your post seems to assume to Barkley will want mere 'development' level wages.
- All this "he's the best we can get" stuff.... Fine.... Then don't buy anyone in that position.... The club didn't seem to have a problem leaving us 2nd striker-less in the past cos the right guy wasn't available... Why are so many seemingly eager to repeat the Sissoko fuck-up from last summer?
- How about we just throw the £40m PLUS Ross's wages into the wage kitty?
- Anyone else, perturbed by both the fact that Koeman will let him walk and that no other teams above or around us are being linked?
- England gaffers seem to have gone completely cold on him too.

....Sign high-price/low demand mediocrity just cos they have (rather dubious) EPL stripes?????

In similar spirit, how about you name one solid reason why we should sign Barkley specifically?

He's an experienced, proven PL player, is in the top ten for assists (with five PL players plus Eriksen in front of him way beyond our capabilities to sign) and would slip in the starting eleven quite easily in a squad that will need to be rotated next season. Plus he is available.

If you can't see what he would add to the team and the fact that he can improve then again i repeat name me a player thats available that could offer more to this squad.

Just one.

Bruno Fernandes, Vincenzo Grifo, Nabil Fekir, or if you want to spend more money on a surer thing Naby Keita, Emil Forsberg or Memphis Depay. As it stands, Bruno Fernandes is already off to Sampdoria, Vincenzo Grifo just got signed by Borussia Monchengladbach, Depay isn't for sale and Red Bull have enough cash that their players probably aren't leaving for cheap fees. So we missed on the best deals already. All of those players though would be better paid at Spurs, and all except the Red Bull players would also be moving up to a Champion's League-level club. So, those would be my starting point.

So you have listed a load of players that are not available, you should have added Messi, and Ronaldo. Secondly how can you suggest that ALL of them would be better paid at Spurs, thats total bollocks.

So where is this golden child that you talk about that would have Barkley polishing their boots for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom