Jack Roles

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Airfixx

"I want to be the sadness of my opponents" - Venom
Tottenham ink academy CM Jack Roles to first pro contract

Tottenham make first signing of the summer as academy grad pens pro contract

Cypriot midfielder Jack Roles had a good season and has turned that into his first pro contract.

610619074.0.jpg

"Tottenham Hotspur has made its first official signing of the offseason, and they are promoting from within. Eighteen year old Spurs academy midfielder Jack Roles announced on his Instagram feed that he has signed his first professional contract with the club, a reported three year deal.

Roles, a native of Cyprus, had a very good year with Tottenham’s U18s, scoring 16 goals and notching four assists in just over 1700 minutes of action. That makes him the top scorer in the U18 through U23 teams, and tied for third most goals of any player in England’s U18 Premier League with 15. That’s a pretty incredible achievement considering he plays mostly as a central midfielder. (You know who also was a prolific scorer as a young central midfielder? Dele Alli. I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’.)

Without giving too much away from our upcoming Prospect Rankings coming up later this summer, Roles is a solid prospect, though one that is probably at least a year or two away from making a push to crack Spurs’ first team. That said, Tottenham is a club that rewards promising youth players, and Roles has certainly earned his, uh, role as a professional footballer in Tottenham Hotspur’s setup. He’s one to watch for the future."

Last edited:
I remember back in the days someone (Windy?) ranked our youth prospects and wrote a small piece on each one of them. It was a great read, and I would absolutely love it if anyone with knowledge about our youngsters could do something like it now.

Thanks and loves in advance <3

I remember back in the days someone (Windy?) ranked our youth prospects and wrote a small piece on each one of them. It was a great read, and I would absolutely love it if anyone with knowledge about our youngsters could do something like it now.

Thanks and loves in advance <3
I think he also said that fans rated JR more than the club seemed to. Dont know whether this all means that that's changed now.

Proof is in the pudding mate, you want signings before youngsters. You want Barkley, so you can rate Winks and Roles all you like but as my post said, its all just words if you prefer to put big names before them.

He doesn't seem to discriminate, they can be youngsters, big signings like Isco or just a prospect from some other league they all seem to be "must signings" we would seriously have 65 senior players if Dane was in charge of recruitment, the forums Magpie for sure, loves shiny new things

Down to one post every few days now mate, have to ignore all the summer bollocks for my own sanity

He doesn't seem to discriminate, they can be youngsters, big signings like Isco or just a prospect from some other league they all seem to be "must signings" we would seriously have 65 senior players if Dane was in charge of recruitment, the forums Magpie for sure, loves shiny new things

Down to one post every few days now mate, have to ignore all the summer bollocks for my own sanity

Well thats the thing isnt it.....if we had Barkley, he´d want an upgrade. If Winks was at Southampton he´d be shooting his bolt if we were linked....

Yep good idea for the summer mate..

Back
Top Bottom