To Hull and back. Hull versus the Spurs sunday 21.05.2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's goals to be had here. Hull are classic candidates for a double relegation. Owner trying to sell, manager will leave and anyone half decent will be sold. They'll be left with lots of ageing and average players and will struggle to hire a decent manager and attract any decent players. Their motivation won't be very high for this game, it's nothing like the Newcastle game last year.

The Tigers are in bits at the moments, seen quite a few games this season. There is no chance they will beat us on Sunday even though the pressure is off them. Hope you all enjoy your trip to Hull at the weekend and maybe we can bundle big Harry Maguire on to the coach after the match, a great player who gets ridiculously overlooked for England by that Borat lookalike of a manager
We arrive about 14.00, I think.
Hotel, then a jolly up.
Last time we was there, two seasons ago, was really cheap beer.
Hope that's still the case

Cannot see Hull making the same mistake as Leicester and trying to play. They will park the bus even if behind and will not want to lose heavily. Think it will be 2-0 to us as with no danger the team will finally take their foot of the gas once win assured. Eriksen should play but that should be only change. Take your pick who misses out. No messing about lets win first then bring on fringe players. Do not want to go into summer break with loss like last year.

Would love to see some of the younger fringe players get a run about; think GKN deserves a chance and would obviously love to see KWP and Edwards too...

KWP is in Korea and I think Edwards is still injured. But I agree about GKN. If Trippier and Walker are still out then I think he should start at RWB instead of Sissoko.

If we avoid defeat at Hull, we will equal a club record for fewest defeats in a season (4), set in 1919.
Tottenham have lost six of their last eight top-flight away trips on the last day of the season (W2), including a 5-1 defeat last season to an already relegated Newcastle United.
Tottenham could become the fifth Premier League team to record 400 wins in this match (961 games, W399 D247 L315).

Who said there was nothing to play for?

I know it will make no difference but as Poch says, we need to maintain a winning habit, and I would be disappointed if Harry, Sonny and Dele don't add to their haul. However, the one player I would love to see his name on the score sheet is Jan, Jan, Super Jan - he has been so unlucky this season.
Do us proud boys - would be great to go into the summer with a huge win .

Back
Top Bottom