Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You raaaaaang? :ossie:

giphy.gif

monkey-jacking-off-o.gif

And a bear for good measure...

Wbij8dE.gif

:pocheyes:

This is probably the best quote he's come out with in the last year. Incredibly exciting that he's committed to the project - and then surely one would assume that he wouldn't want to have just gotten us to the new stadium and then leave before he has the chance to use that extra revenue/facilities/etc.

He's pretty much confirming that he'll stick with us throughout our transitional period. Perfect.

This is probably the best quote he's come out with in the last year. Incredibly exciting that he's committed to the project - and then surely one would assume that he wouldn't want to have just gotten us to the new stadium and then leave before he has the chance to use that extra revenue/facilities/etc.

He's pretty much confirming that he'll stick with us throughout our transitional period. Perfect.
Keeping everything crossed that we don't do anything daft to stop this becoming reality. Next season at Wembley will not be easy, nor our first year at the new stadium. Hope that we keep our nerve and let things settle back and we get back on track as quickly as possible.

Gaffers response to Conte's comments earlier this week :
"I understand him. It's difficult for him because he was always a manager who liked to work with and to develop young talent," he declared, via ESPN.

"It's difficult when you sign for a club like Chelsea and you have the pressure to win and you spend the money that they spent on David Luiz, Marcos Alonso, [Michy] Batshuayi and [N'Golo] Kante. I totally understand but I don't know if I agree with him that it's an advantage.

"Then [Woolwich manager] Arsene Wenger should win the league every season because he is 20 years in charge, if that is the right way to measure our advantage. I think it's not fair to measure with me, as it is to measure with Wenger.

"Twenty years is a massive advantage. Why not win every season? It's not a criticism [of Wenger]. It was not the best comment from him [Conte]."
---Amen, and shots fired
No further comments needed I think:kaneshh:

"I understand him. It's difficult for him because he was always a manager who liked to work with and to develop young talent," he declared, via ESPN.

"It's difficult when you sign for a club like Chelsea and you have the pressure to win and you spend the money that they spent on David Luiz, Marcos Alonso, [Michy] Batshuayi and [N'Golo] Kante. I totally understand but I don't know if I agree with him that it's an advantage.

"Then [Woolwich manager] Arsene Wenger should win the league every season because he is 20 years in charge, if that is the right way to measure our advantage. I think it's not fair to measure with me, as it is to measure with Wenger.

"Twenty years is a massive advantage. Why not win every season? It's not a criticism [of Wenger]. It was not the best comment from him [Conte]."
---Amen, and shots fired

Poch is the bollocks!!!

---Amen, and shots fired

This was linked in the chavs thread where biglilywhitecock somehow interpreted that as saying Chelsea bought the league.

He was basically defending this position after Conte said that Poch had an advantage for the title as he's been at spurs longer.

The rest is just him saying that he understands how it can put pressure on a manager if the team makes several big money signings preseason, as the owners will expect results.

Anyone who sees it as a dig or disrespectful isn't reading or interpreting it correctly.

DiMarzio writing more bullshit. Inter might suddenly have Chinese money, but seriously is there a more exciting project than ours at the moment?

Poch has made it crystal clear in several interviews now that he's here to see this project through and it's not about money for him.

The guy has serious moral fibre.

The only way I see him going is if he sees all our top players sold from under him and even then I think it would largely depend on whether he felt Levy had done everything in his power to make them stay.

Back
Top Bottom