The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ladies and gentlemen...
I give you, the moment we knew we had banished 21 years of hurt, in glorious slo-mo.....

It's funny, I can't remember being calmer when we are leading the Arse than I was at 2-0. Perfectly at ease, never crossed my mind that they might get back into it.

Even in the 5-1 in 2008 I was nervous at 4-1...

C-usG9VUIAAq5-2.jpg

The most pleasing thing about this performance for me was the context in which it was played, not just that it was against Arse, we know we have to play them at least twice a season, not just that it was the last NLD at the old WHL, that had been touted for a while beforehand, not just that if we won we'd finish ahead of Arse for the first time in a very, very, very short time. It was that Chelsea made a statement, and they made one right back. Poch said in his presser that only he and a few staff knew the Chelsea result before our game, that the players didn't know. I wonder how much truth there is in that... well done guys, that was a lot of pressure, and you drifted through it with ease.

what a beautiful fucking weekend! Honestly I could not of asked for anything more from our boys yesterday. The lane was bouncing and the team done the business on the pitch. The atmosphere after the game was something else. We all know what yesterday meant but even more so with it being the last NLD at the lane. What a way to wake up on a Monday, No work and re living yesterday all over again - Enjoy it boys and make sure you keep giving it to those goon pricks, let's not allow them to forget this day that easily.

UP THE SPURSSSSSS !!! :walker-scream:

The most pleasing thing about this performance for me was the context in which it was played, not just that it was against Arse, we know we have to play them at least twice a season, not just that it was the last NLD at the old WHL, that had been touted for a while beforehand, not just that if we won we'd finish ahead of Arse for the first time in a very, very, very short time. It was that Chelsea made a statement, and they made one right back. Poch said in his presser that only he and a few staff knew the Chelsea result before our game, that the players didn't know. I wonder how much truth there is in that... well done guys.
Eriksen said in his post match they all knre

I am sure there are some truly weird and wonderful ways we became spurs fans, for me it was the most boring and I suspect most common way - I was born into a Spurs mad family.

Admittedly there has been the odd dark moment but i've never regretted it. My dad has been a great inspiration and role model to me and on this beautiful bank holiday Monday up there with the gift of life itself the greatest gift he gave me the was the gift of being a Spurs fan.

Thanks dad

I am sure there are some truly weird and wonderful ways we became spurs fans, for me it was the most boring and I suspect most common way - I was born into a Spurs mad family.

Admittedly there has been the odd dark moment but i've never regretted it. My dad has been a great inspiration and role model to me and on this beautiful bank holiday Monday up there with the gift of life itself the greatest gift he gave me the was the gift of being a Spurs fan.

Thanks dad
Bet there were times you'd want to wring his neck instead ;)
The way I see it, the longer you have to wait for things, the sweeter the victory, we haven't exactly been able to take success for granted. Let's hope we can build on this and take it to the next level.

Thats the level of debate today I'm afraid. Robbie is black. He was getting dog's abuse. Therefore he was racially abused. QED.

When accusations of racism get bandied about too much, it loses its currency and the problem gets worse. If you make something taboo, it has more power as a form of abuse. The whole Kick It Out crowd need to be a bit more sophisticated.

Watching this NL Derby was so different from others in the past. The gap in talent between Spurs and Woolwich is massive. The 2-0 scoreline is being kind to Woolwich in the end. That felt like a recently promoted side playing at the Lane for 90 minutes in the end. GS

Thats the level of debate today I'm afraid. Robbie is black. He was getting dog's abuse. Therefore he was racially abused. QED.

It doesn't matter what colour, gender or sexual orientation you are they'll always be people who resort to dirty tactics when they cave in under the pressure. It's more an issue of mental health and immaturity and it doesn't discriminate.

I don't know if anyone already said this but I just noticed that the 2 best players on the pitch yesterday , Wanyama and Jan, were snubbed from Ian Wright combined 11 for Koscielny and Chamberlain.

Poetic justice at its finest and the confirmation that only Alexis (and with a different mentality) would have a chance to play in our team.

Last edited:
Looking at the highlights, what a cunt Alexis Sanchez is! After his pathetic theatrics against Leicester, did you see what he did for the penalty appeal. It hit him straight against his hands, but he was so cockily gesturing that it hit his upper body. Pathetic lying twat. Ref's not given the penalty, thank your lucky stars and quietly walkaway. No need to be a cheating prick about it. Suits scum to a tee, that lying, cheating, diving prick!

Also funny was the Monreal "He dived action with the ref" regarding Harry Kane's penalty. Great argument, ref should have cancelled the penalty! Twat!

Back
Top Bottom