The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're both weirdly in control, yet looking nervous... not quite sure how we're managing to do both!

At least the possession is pretty equal... 'cos as Shearer knowingly reminded us at the weekend; "Possession doesn't win you games!"

An early goal for Palace would've killed us, and an early goal for us might've given us too much to think about whether to stick or twist...
as it is, 0-0 at the break suits us... we have the mentality and endurance (yes, despite Saturday) to push on this 2nd half and overpower them...

We're not gonna steamroller them in the 2nd 45, that's for sure... but a scrappy 1-0 will do me... I'm not fussed at this stage...

COYS... we still got this!

Victor could be eating half time spaghetti, off for Son and push Dier up? Either way we knew tonight would be tough, a 1-0 would be a great result. Have some faith.

I don't think this game would have been any different if we had beaten Chelsea.

Palace just aren't letting us play. Not sure how that would have been any different.

I always knew it would be very tough but our sloppiness all over the park was a bit too much. Need to seriously tighten up, stop fucking around, and grind out a 1-0 here; that's the best we can hope for and it wont be easy. Poch has to make a change immediately cause words wont be enough.

Back
Top Bottom