The Future is Bright....*must watch*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what differs us to other English clubs and the thing I like the most at the moment:

Giving, young English talent a chance. Or even non-English talent.

Loaning out Harry with a plan and keep trusting him. Keep having confidence in him and now he's the best PL striker.
Danny Rose and Kyle Walker. These lads were brought in at Tottenham with a plan just like Kane. Some loans here and there and then when they are ready, they're in the team.
Winks and the other youth players who get a chance... you name 'em all. Great manager in Poch who does that.

Signing hidden gems like Dele or an Eredivisie player like Eriksen (even though he had interest from more PL teams)

And players who don't have a future at our club get handled with respect. I like how the club let Bentaleb on loan and now he's signed permanently for Schalke. But also letting others go like Pritchard, Ryan Mason, Ryan Fredericks etc.

Look at the disgusting things Chelsea are doing with their youth players. They're turning them into loan merchants. Nathan Aké was doing so well at Bournemouth, playing regularly and now he got recalled back in january and he's not even in matchdays team selection. It's ridiculous business.

And that brings me to the next point: teams like Manchester United, City and Chelsea and maybe even Woolwich a bit with their artificial teams.
Chelsea have ONE English player in their main-XI this season: Cahill. The rest is all foreign: Belgians, Spaniards, Brazilians. Now, there is nothing wrong with foreign players. I love Big Vic, Moussa and Chris but we are all English clubs. You have to keep an English culture in your team. Even when you have a foreign manager. Poch is doing this brilliantly.
How can you have a bonding with a team that has 10 (foreign) mercenaries in it? Not saying English players like Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph (all ManCity, surprise surprise) ain't mercenaries but still. You can enjoy players like Hazard as a chav fan, or Ibrahimovic as a manc but they're not playing for the badge.

So proud of our club. COYS and let's win tomorrow!

"The future is bright" i heard this phrase so many times over the last 15 years or so. This time it actually feels like it's clicking, not only the future is bright but our present is shining. We're 2nd in the premier league in april and there's an Fa Cup semi on the horizon. Having something to battle for in the last couple of months of the season instead of just making sure we "finish on a high" is just brilliant

Levy at the end "I won't be satisfied 'til Spurs win the league"

Genuinely something I never dreamed I would see in my lifetime. If he delivers on it then he goes down as a club legend, period.

Back
Top Bottom