Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else notice the 'spin' from the different sets of commentators (both on stream and bbc) that Burnley was only our 5th away win of the season......and how bad that makes us?

Failing to mention that we'd only played 13 games prior to that (W4 / D6 / L3) having played away at Chelsea, Liverpool, City, United, Woolwich, Everton, West Brom, Southampton, etc, etc

They all seem incapable of putting the season or a teams form into any context at all.

Yup... I also noted some 'gem' that our away record has been "appaling" cos we'd only won two in the last couple of months.... 2W + 2D (Inc City)... Cunts!!!

.....thought last season was bad thanks to the Leicester bollox, but I've never known anything like this season. We're undeniably in the top two teams of the last 2 seasons yet huge sections of the media are prepared to state any old shite to avoid a genuine appraisal/kudos.... That twat Carragher last nite, the newly christened Top 6, endless stat-abuse and crap like above...

Last edited:
Yup... I also noted some 'gem' that our away record has been "appaling" cos we'd only won two in the last couple of months.... 2W + 2D (Inc City)... Cunts!!!

.....thought last season was bad thanks to the Leicester bollox, but I've never known anything like this season. We're undeniably in the top two teams of the last 2 seasons yet huge sections of the media are prepared to state any old shite to avoid a genuine appraisal/kudos.... That twat Carragher last nite, the newly christened Top 6, endless stated abuse and crap like above...

Tbf it's not just us - on Sunday all of the commentators were having a good laugh at the Scum because the 2nd half was the 1st half of a PL game since 11th February where they had managed to keep a clean sheet.........astonishing until you look and release they only played 2 games in that period

Still buzzing now.

And the best thing outside of the win was Janssen's contribution. In the absence of Kane he is doing enough possibly to show he can make a difference and have an impact in the longer term.

2 more wins and it is top 4 I feel. Maybe 7 points.

We can have done little more in the last 2 seasons and will only have been bettered by freakish results over freakish ability of other teams.

on the subject of hull..what a fucking Job Silva is doing there,even if he cant leep them up, Sky should make all those cunts that slated his appointment publicly apologise. whilst taking it in turns to rim him. whilst he fucks their wives.

Pure class as usual Johnboy!

:deledoubt:

Chelsea have been lucky with injuries this season.
About time some one like Costa or Hazard did a knee or something....

You're getting soft Ahab!

I'd settle for them breaking their necks!

Maybe Dier will oblige in the semi
:dier:

I didn't go last night, but still one of my best moments of the season when Son scored. The pub I was in went up, beer everywhere, broken glass everywhere. Then I was left with that euphoric feeling in the stomach until I went to bed...woke up today, oh no got to go to work, but then remembered last night and in a good mood again.
Bro which pub did you got to ? I have been struggling to find pubs in north ldn showing the streamed games as alot seem to have stopped doing it

fb9q3k.jpg

Media conspiracy. Tin foil hat ON.
They have a 3 London team max quota. We didn't make the cut I'm afraid.

when you actually saw the possession and shots on goal figures, looks like we should have buried them well before the 88th minute.Doesn't matter, adds to the excitement I suppose, and I should imagine other teams and their supporters were just loving the fact we were losing. I love the fact that we have such a fight to the death attitude now. I love the players, I love our manager. It has been such a long wait to have a team that we can believe in again. Will go to sleep a very happy bunny tonight.

I just can't stop replaying that 3 goal blitz. Sometimes I focus on the players celebration. Sometimes the crowd. I'm finding it really difficult to wrench myself away and go to bed. Fuck it. One more beer. I feel so happy tonight. So fucking happy
Had a chat with a guy at work today (he's Aussie, supports Cronulla Sharks in the Rugby, who basically did a 'Leicester' last season, look 'em up...)

...anyway, he's typically MAD ABOUT SPORTS, but also about the 'psychology and mental attitude' that comes with winning games...

Point is, we came to the conclusion that whilst a 'comfortable' and comprehensive 3-1 win, with our goals scored evenly throughout the course of the game would've been better for the heart-rate, the NATURE and timing of our win last night spoke VOLUMES about our team spirit, and was almost worth an EXTRA point in terms of what that late win can do for a team's' mentality...
WE HAVE ADOPTED A NEVER SAY DIE approach... and more importantly, OTHER teams know that we simply won't lie down.
That puts a seed of doubt into ALL our oponents, as well as give us the renewed confidence and TRUST in our players to get the job done... however late!

You can't 'teach' that feeling.... and you certainly can't buy it...
But nearly EVERY successful team in Sporting history has had it coursing through their veins.

Look at how many late LATE winning goals Man Utd (and the Arse...) in their pomp used to score.
We bemoaned it cos it wasn't US doing it... but we all knew they would NEVER give up.

Last night, and a few other times recently. .. that has become US!
...and I fucking love that about this team!

Tottenham's comeback at Swansea was only the 20th time in Premier League history a side has won having trailed with five minutes to go.

Read more: Tottenham are the comeback kings of the Premier League | Daily Mail Online
We have now done it 4 times the most.

It's a feature under Poch which I love. When we got behind we tend only to go behind by a single goal because we have a good defense and due to our style of play we are not a lot more vulnerable to shipping a second while going looking for an equalizer. In fact, under Poch we seem to calmly go up a gear or two and that combined with the belief he's instilled means we often go on to win.

I'm really surprised a) that we haven't been on the receiving end more than once given our Spursy past. and b) that Woolwich have not done this to more teams - a decade ago they seemed to always be having late come backs but I guess I either imagined it or they simply scrapped draws.

Bro which pub did you got to ? I have been struggling to find pubs in north ldn showing the streamed games as alot seem to have stopped doing it
On Broadway in Winchmore Hill. Other good ones, in my experience, are Bird in Hand in PG and Lord Nelson in WG. But this was the first time I've been to a pub to watch a game this season so I might be a bit out the loop.

On Broadway in Winchmore Hill. Other good ones, in my experience, are Bird in Hand in PG and Lord Nelson in WG. But this was the first time I've been to a pub to watch a game this season so I might be a bit out the loop.
Nelson has stopped showing them.Been caught too many times,next fine is 25 large..Ouch!
They did have a box that showed them legally,but it kept f**king up.

Flounced off out to the kitchen with 5 left fuming as stream was shit as well (aside from great quality at the start for our two great chances)...

Fucking delighted with that result especially thinking about the plumstead pikeys leaving the ground thinking we'd lost....

A win and another (bigger) favour from Bournemouth at the weekend would be great, icing on the cake would be that bow legged prick doing the business for them.

Point is, we came to the conclusion that whilst a 'comfortable' and comprehensive 3-1 win, with our goals scored evenly throughout the course of the game would've been better for the heart-rate, the NATURE and timing of our win last night spoke VOLUMES about our team spirit, and was almost worth an EXTRA point in terms of what that late win can do for a team's' mentality...
WE HAVE ADOPTED A NEVER SAY DIE approach... and more importantly, OTHER teams know that we simply won't lie down.
That puts a seed of doubt into ALL our oponents, as well as give us the renewed confidence and TRUST in our players to get the job done... however late!
Absolutely, and given the nature of how we won - you can bet that we completely undermined the 'bounce back' of Woolwich's win over West Ham. Their players are mentally weak too, so I hope we soured their dressing room.

Had a chat with a guy at work today (he's Aussie, supports Cronulla Sharks in the Rugby, who basically did a 'Leicester' last season, look 'em up...)

...anyway, he's typically MAD ABOUT SPORTS, but also about the 'psychology and mental attitude' that comes with winning games...

You can't 'teach' that feeling.... and you certainly can't buy it...
But nearly EVERY successful team in Sporting history has had it coursing through their veins.

Look at how many late LATE winning goals Man Utd (and the Arse...) in their pomp used to score.
We bemoaned it cos it wasn't US doing it... but we all knew they would NEVER give up.

Last night, and a few other times recently. .. that has become US!
...and I fucking love that about this team!
What I like is on several occasions now we've not only pushed and pushed for the equaliser but we've then gone on to get the winner, no matter how late on it is.

A confidence is starting to build that once we get 1 we'll go one to kill a team off. And on the flip side I've become a lot less stressed when we have single goal leads going into the later stages of games. Our game management against 80% of the league is top class.

The similarities to us now and Utd of old are there to be seen. We just need to get that first bit of silverware.

Nelson has stopped showing them.Been caught too many times,next fine is 25 large..Ouch!
They did have a box that showed them legally,but it kept f**king up.
The Nelson was the only ones of those pubs that are near me. Gerties in east finchley shows some games but it's hit and miss

Back
Top Bottom