The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why Sissoko being shit is news worthy. He was shit at his previous club too. We knew he would be shit here too. I don't think he is the worst signing we have even made, but he hasn't got a handle on the basics. If he was 22 I wouldn't mind so much as Poch could improve him but he's 28 later this year. It is what it is. It isn't going to destroy our club. We have other options. I doubt he will be here all that long.

This is the reason I almost always avoid match threads like the plague.
Speak for yourself, I feel great. I just don't think it should distract us from the teams biggest problem, which is strength in depth. Our first team is awesome but our lack of depth has humiliated us in Europe recently. In just a few key positions we really lack quality options to rotate and that is a big problem with our team and I don't think it's melting or harsh to point that out because it's just the simple truth.

If we ignore Sissoko he won't go away, but yes, yesterday was great apart from Winks' injury. There are other things to focus on, so that's it from me on the subject.

I don't need anyone to hate on, but he doesn't even look like a footballer to me. Davies and Trippier were poor l grant you, but the improvement in the 2nd half was mainly down to Dier moving into midfield with Dembele imo.

Like most of us I'm absolutely buzzing about Spurs at the moment, but the Sissoko situation (if I can call it that) is strange, and worthy of comment. Anyway, you've snookered yourself with the "totally and utterly shit" comment you negative bastard. :allitongue:
IMO biggest change in 2nd half was Dembele, did what Winks wasn't doing first half (unfortunately he was struggling) but by doing what Dembele does it enabled Alli and Eriksen to get on the ball as they were being man marked in first half. But the biggest change was our fullbacks pushing their FB's back and enabling us to play one-two's from FB to Midfield to attack which was non-existent first half, Davies joined attack on a couple of occasions to good effect. Trippier tried but was shocking all game, improved positionally in defence 2nd half and wasn't left hung out to dry not knowing if he was to push up or drop, but he was shocking. Which might also mean that it was harder for Sissoko to do anything from the right because Messi would have struggled to link up with Trippier yesterday.

Dier looked great too. Really excited to see him back at midfield.

Yeah, he looked so much more confident, like he knew what he was actually doing. Played some nice passes. Loved his composure for the goal too.

Probably his best game of the season.

I saw plenty of people criticizing Davies.
During the game. Point is we won, everything is great and rosy in the tree of Tottenham, yet the appears to be a determined effort to find fault and it's always the same player that takes the clog. There were other players that had far worse performance that post match haven't been mentioned, which would suggest a pitch fork mentality.

IMO biggest change in 2nd half was Dembele, did what Winks wasn't doing first half (unfortunately he was struggling) but by doing what Dembele does it enabled Alli and Eriksen to get on the ball as they were being man marked in first half. But the biggest change was our fullbacks pushing their FB's back and enabling us to play one-two's from FB to Midfield to attack which was non-existent first half, Davies joined attack on a couple of occasions to good effect. Trippier tried but was shocking all game, improved positionally in defence 2nd half and wasn't left hung out to dry not knowing if he was to push up or drop, but he was shocking. Which might also mean that it was harder for Sissoko to do anything from the right because Messi would have struggled to link up with Trippier yesterday.

Yes. Dembele and Dier looked a better partnership than Winks and Wanyama which you'd expect.

During the game. Point is we won, everything is great and rosy in the tree of Tottenham, yet the appears to be a determined effort to find fault and it's always the same player that takes the clog. There were other players that had far worse performance that post match haven't been mentioned, which would suggest a pitch fork mentality.

Janssen has had loads of flak on here. It's not always the same player.

Yes. Dembele and Dier looked a better partnership than Winks and Wanyama which you'd expect.
I adore Winks, terrific player, very big future ahead of him. I get all nostalgic when I see him play as he reminds me so much of Steve Perryman both on and off the pitch, I think it's uncanny the likeness.

But he was struggling to stay on the ball and defensively easily bypassed. He certainly didn't have a shocker but he didn't impose himself on the game. Dembele was able to draw players towards him, those that were either marking or blocking passing lanes to Eriksen and Alli, then he can either beat that man and release to Alli/Eriksen or lay the ball off to Dier who can then supply the FB's or straight to Alli/Eriksen.

Hope Winks is OK, want to see him lift The Cup from the town hall balcony this season.

I adore Winks, terrific player, very big future ahead of him. I get all nostalgic when I see him play as he reminds me so much of Steve Perryman both on and off the pitch, I think it's uncanny the likeness.

But he was struggling to stay on the ball and defensively easily bypassed. He certainly didn't have a shocker but he didn't impose himself on the game. Dembele was able to draw players towards him, those that were either marking or blocking passing lanes to Eriksen and Alli, then he can either beat that man and release to Alli/Eriksen or lay the ball off to Dier who can then supply the FB's or straight to Alli/Eriksen.

Hope Winks is OK, want to see him lift The Cup from the town hall balcony this season.

Yes, we all got a bit exited after that run he made after coming on for Dembele against Everton, but starting yesterday was a different discipline.

This is a thread of a match he featured in. People can comment if they like no? I'm not negative, but if I want to say his performance reminded me of Bambi on ice, I will.

Actually his performance reminded me of a young Cruyff, and that's support right there.
Forest Cruyff? Before his mother married Billy-Bob Gump?

So do I, both of them....
:)

Back
Top Bottom