The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It isn't meaningless - it's professional football. The league, and the money that goes with it, is our bread and butter. Cups will come because of league success.
I dont want to get excited about winning more points than others since whnevere? Chelseamare still above us and in the way in the FA Cup.

I dont want to get excited about winning more points than others since whnevere? Chelseamare still above us and in the way in the FA Cup.
You don't have to get excited if you don't want. I'm only saying league points aren't meaningless just because you don't finish 1st.

This was a VERY enjoyable win , considering Burnley are a tough team , chelsea lost and now we get to watch Woolwich play city tomorrow . Can't remember being so relaxed on a sunday haha.

COYS.

This was a VERY enjoyable win , considering Burnley are a tough team , chelsea lost and now we get to watch Woolwich play city tomorrow . Can't remember being so relaxed on a sunday haha.

COYS.
Yes. One of the most pleasurable experiences in life is watching woolwich squirm. And it's one of those "couldn't really give a fuck who wins" matches. Business attended to at our end. Sit back, quaff a pint & enjoy the game. Whatever the outcome tomorrow it's been a brilliant weekend for Spurs - results wise. And I'm dreaming of the impossible now. By this time next weekend it might all be down the pan again, or warming up very nicely. But tonight, we should all be looking up rather than at what's beneath.
COYS

Barring some sort of ISIS uprising in England or an asteroid collision, neither of which I'm prepared to rule out100%, a City victory tomorrow almost condemns Woolwich to finishing below us.

Little steps

Then Chelsea in the semi

Then beating the cunts in the last WHL NLD

Then beating the cunts in the FA Cup

Then beating United at WHL to win the Double

Then I can die a happy man
Wow someone has mentioned the D word

Yes. One of the most pleasurable experiences in life is watching woolwich squirm. And it's one of those "couldn't really give a fuck who wins" matches. Business attended to at our end. Sit back, quaff a pint & enjoy the game. Whatever the outcome tomorrow it's been a brilliant weekend for Spurs - results wise. And I'm dreaming of the impossible now. By this time next weekend it might all be down the pan again, or warming up very nicely. But tonight, we should all be looking up rather than at what's beneath.
COYS

Well said Bolton lad. You on a shift, or just staying up late on a Saturday you old dog?

Absolutely blinding result yesterday. Was dug in and expecting an ugly 0-0 after the first half, but we came through magnificently. Eriksen is an unbelievable player. Only worry is of course the injuries, Winks doesn't look good from what I can gather but hopefully the others aren't quite so bad.

Only problem is I've now got the bloody hope. I never learn. COYS.

I was entertaining a buddy who came to visit so could only keep track of the game on here. Great result .

Has anyone on motd or sky noticed that we're 2nd yet?

Sissoko is a broken player - we need to cash in asap before his value depreciates completely
The only thing he can't be faulted for is his thick skin. He seems utterly unperturbed by his lack of form and probably still genuinely thinks he deserves to be playing at Real Madrid or Barca. That touch in the second half was pure comedy.... Everton and Newcastle must be laughing their socks off........

Sissoko is a broken player - we need to cash in asap before his value depreciates completely

Yeah, watching him yesterday he looks like a player going through the motions, no spark at all. How he's making the bench even is a minor miracle. You'd think he'd be up for playing for a team in 2nd place chasing the title, even if he knew he was off in the summer. Crazy.

Chelsea are decent, but they are way behind us, in my opinion. They've simply been very fortunate in that they have had no injuries and they have won two or three games that they were very close to dropping points in and deserved to drop points in. It isn't like Leicester last year, Chelsea have genuine quality, they just aren't as good as us and don't deserve to be 7 points clear at this stage. But they are and that's reality so we have to accept it. But there are nine games left and they have just lost to a team in 16th place. The lowest team we have lost to all season is currently in fifth place. They have only taken 2/3rds of the last 15 available. If they can stop the rot and make their advantage count then fair play to them but they haven't done it yet and it is far from certain that they will. Wednesday is massive, the biggest two games of the season so far.
Add in the fact they had no Europe at all to focus on.

Yeah, watching him yesterday he looks like a player going through the motions, no spark at all. How he's making the bench even is a minor miracle. You'd think he'd be up for playing for a team in 2nd place chasing the title, even if he knew he was off in the summer. Crazy.
GKN has shown more than him every time he's had a shot. Not saying he's been great but looks way more deserving than Sissoko.

Back
Top Bottom