The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frustratingly or helpfully the game between City and that red lot is important for us.

We actually need a City win to give them confidence but of course that puts us under a bit of pressure.

If and that is a big IF results go our way then this could yet be the Premier League we hoped for.

I still 100% maintain Chelsea are not as good as 7 points suggests.

Chelsea are decent, but they are way behind us, in my opinion. They've simply been very fortunate in that they have had no injuries and they have won two or three games that they were very close to dropping points in and deserved to drop points in. It isn't like Leicester last year, Chelsea have genuine quality, they just aren't as good as us and don't deserve to be 7 points clear at this stage. But they are and that's reality so we have to accept it. But there are nine games left and they have just lost to a team in 16th place. The lowest team we have lost to all season is currently in fifth place. They have only taken 2/3rds of the last 15 available. If they can stop the rot and make their advantage count then fair play to them but they haven't done it yet and it is far from certain that they will. Wednesday is massive, the biggest two games of the season so far.

We actually need a City win to give them confidence

Not following this part....give who confidence?

I dont think we need a City win to be honest. We are 12pts ahead of Woolwich, so for me a draw, or if anyone has to lose then let it be City. Arse can do us a favour and keep City 5 points behind us on equal games, while staying 9pts behind us themselves with just one game in hand - and still having to come to WHL.

Ive been saying it for a few weeks now, but fuck Woolwich. Look at the table and ask yourself if that was any other team tomorrow, bar Chelsea and Liverpool, would you consider a City win better for us?

Not following this part....give who confidence?

I dont think we need a City win to be honest. We are 12pts ahead of Woolwich, so for me a draw, or if anyone has to lose then let it be City. Arse can do us a favour and keep City 5 points behind us on equal games, while staying 9pts behind us themselves with just one game in hand - and still having to come to WHL.

Ive been saying it for a few weeks now, but fuck Woolwich. Look at the table and ask yourself if that was any other team tomorrow, bar Chelsea and Liverpool, would you consider a City win better for us?
I think he meant a win would give citeh an added boost going to the chavs on Wednesday. That's how I read it. For now, I don't think we should be looking over our shoulder. If we can nudge past Swansea & Citeh can take points off the chavs, it all starts warming up nicely. Double, anyone?

Been out of the loop this week and didn't see the game so could anyone answer these questions:

1. How did Janssen and Sissoko fare?
2. Why no Walker?
3. Will we win the league?

Frustratingly or helpfully the game between City and that red lot is important for us.

We actually need a City win to give them confidence but of course that puts us under a bit of pressure.

If and that is a big IF results go our way then this could yet be the Premier League we hoped for.

I still 100% maintain Chelsea are not as good as 7 points suggests.
Barring some sort of ISIS uprising in England or an asteroid collision, neither of which I'm prepared to rule out100%, a City victory tomorrow almost condemns Woolwich to finishing below us.

Little steps

Then Chelsea in the semi

Then beating the cunts in the last WHL NLD

Then beating the cunts in the FA Cup

Then beating United at WHL to win the Double

Then I can die a happy man

Great result/piss up.
Apart from the swan, was told out accents wasn't local , and to be quiet at the bar.'
Ha too Late, after ordering seven beers
Which, I might add, seven beers for less than £20

Not irrelevant at all. It's a good thing worth mentioning. I for one enjoy our newly found 'contender' status. I'm not going to start bitching and moaning like some people here over every missed chance, less than perfect pass or wrong step. I'm enjoying that we've won more points than any other team in the PL in 2017. Wouldn't surprise me if we've got more points since the start of last season than anyone else actually, but finding out is too much of a bother.
Enjoy , I would never suggest otherwise. The league dosnt lie and Chelsea are above us so for me, it's meaningless how many points we have won, unless we achieve something.

Barring some sort of ISIS uprising in England or an asteroid collision, neither of which I'm prepared to rule out100%, a City victory tomorrow almost condemns Woolwich to finishing below us.
Little steps
Then Chelsea in the semi
Then beating the cunts in the last WHL NLD
Then beating the cunts in the FA Cup
Then beating United at WHL to win the Double
Then I can die a happy man
If this happened, I will definitely get a tattoo! But will people stop getting my hopes up please, I don't know if I can cope with another collapse like last year.

Back
Top Bottom