Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd take Son all day personally. Lamela does the dirty side of the game better, stronger in the tackle etc, but he can't match Son's attacking ability. It's not even close. Son can beat people, draw penalties, shoot with either foot, get to the byline and cross it. And the biggest advantage is that he doesn't have fake injuries he wants surgery to fix. If the latest reports are true, it's pretty clear Lamela is finished at Spurs.

Fake injury? Then why would the club want him to have surgery????

Can't cross? Can't beat a man?

....Dude, no offense but you suck!

While I agree that Vorm is a fantastic back up, he isn't close to Lloris' level of ability I feel. Probably the same skill gap between Vorm/Lloris and Dier/Vertonghen no?

I also agree that Son is a fantastic player. He was definitely brought in to play LW, with Lamela RW and let Eriksen move into the middle, unfortunately he has fallen victim to Dele's success.

I think Dier performs much better as the right side of the back 3 than when slotted into Jan's spot in a back 4. I actually would rather Davies take over for him than Dier but neither are ideal choices.

Plus; what team has a back up keeper that is the same level as their 1st choice? Liverpool doesn't count.

I'd take Son all day personally. Lamela does the dirty side of the game better, stronger in the tackle etc, but he can't match Son's attacking ability. It's not even close. Son can beat people, draw penalties, shoot with either foot, get to the byline and cross it. And the biggest advantage is that he doesn't have fake injuries he wants surgery to fix. If the latest reports are true, it's pretty clear Lamela is finished at Spurs.

Well you cant argue with that sort of logic.

134083001446.gif

The number of people who reduce football to fancy dribbles and goals is astounding. Erik Lamela does not shoot very much. He is one of the best pressing attacking midfielders in the world, and when healthy has been one of the 10 best chance creators in the PL. His creativity gives Spurs a unique edge, as most clubs other than City (Silva + KdB) have only one good creative passer. When fit, maybe he starts, maybe not, but anyone suggesting he doesn't contribute much doesn't understand football.

59710-Brent-Rambo-approves-CG13.gif

I think Dier performs much better as the right side of the back 3 than when slotted into Jan's spot in a back 4. I actually would rather Davies take over for him than Dier but neither are ideal choices.

Plus; what team has a back up keeper that is the same level as their 1st choice? Liverpool doesn't count.

But that's what I'm saying, I think our back up defence is as good as our back up keeper. Dier isn't perfect, but he's pretty damn good as a back up.

A small part of me thought Townsend might have retired after that nutmeg at the start of the year. :townhmm:

Rose's reaction!

9b947b69872c9890da4c86c2ebdbae5e.gif

Townsend strikes me as the sort of player that some would want back to replace Lamela.

You know... a proper winger. Hug the touchline, chalk on your boots, get to the byline, whip some balls into the big man, mix it up a bit, triffic lad, top top player. Anyone who disagrees is a fucking mug!

Rose's reaction!

Townsend strikes me as the sort of player that some would want back to replace Lamela.

You know... a proper winger. Hug the touchline, chalk on your boots, get to the byline, whip some balls into the big man, mix it up a bit, triffic lad, top top player. Anyone who disagrees is a fucking mug!

You know Rose is just like "Christ Erik, he's already dead!"

Rose's reaction!

The same idiots who said Modric didn't do anything because he didn't score goals. Mouth-breathing, Daily Mail-reading intellectual pygmies who have been on the wrong end of everything Spurs have ever done on-pitch.

Didn't mind what you wrote until you got to fake injury. Why is it when some of our fans don't like a player they a) want them gone b) create a web of lies to get their wish. I'm guessing you also thought Mason was a Chelsea fan.

Just stick to an argument that you prefer player x over y because blah, blah. You will be treated seriously then.

Why is it when some of our fans don't like a player they a) want them gone b) create a web of lies to get their wish. I'm guessing you also thought Mason was a Chelsea fan.

I just don't get where the persistent motivation for criticism comes from in these cases...

We're not talking Vlad, Fazio and Paulinho levels of lame where we're being cost goals/points most weeks... We're talking a player who had been on form prior to his absence and had been progressively improving since overcoming a troublesome 1st season (regardless of his fitness... Look at the state we were in following the arrival of the Bale-Sale-7!).

Anyone would think we were trying to pitch Mark Fookin Noble as an adequate rotation with Eriksen, FFS!

The same idiots who said Modric didn't do anything because he didn't score goals. Mouth-breathing, Daily Mail-reading intellectual pygmies who have been on the wrong end of everything Spurs have ever done on-pitch.
People said that? Holy shit, I shouldn't be surprised, but dear Lord that is an awful opinion. Anyone with eyes could see Modric's value to those teams.

As for Lamela, I think some of those draws would be wins and we'd maybe have 3-4 points more on the season and within striking distance of Chelsea. I think its been a pretty big loss that's been covered up by the rest of the squad growing since last season.

Didn't mind what you wrote until you got to fake injury. Why is it when some of our fans don't like a player they a) want them gone b) create a web of lies to get their wish. I'm guessing you also thought Mason was a Chelsea fan.

Just stick to an argument that you prefer player x over y because blah, blah. You will be treated seriously then.

Fake injury is probably not the right expression. I believe he genuinely feels pain. But I think it's likely it's somatization.

What I think happens is that when he goes through a poor spell, is out performed by other players and the manager loses confidence in him, his subconscious mind sends false pain signals to his conscious mind and this creates a reason for him to blame his poor form. I believe it happened with his back injury and speculate it happened at Roma as well.

Poch said a while back that the scan showed no problem so what exactly is a doctor supposed to operate on? The only way to treat it would be to pretend to operate but that would be unethical and no doctor would agree to it so we're stuck with this impasse that's entering it's sixth month!

Fake injury is probably not the right expression. I believe he genuinely feels pain. But I think it's likely it's somatization.

What I think happens is that when he goes through a poor spell, is out performed by other players and the manager loses confidence in him, his subconscious mind sends false pain signals to his conscious mind and this creates a reason for him to blame his poor form. I believe it happened with his back injury and speculate it happened at Roma as well.

Poch said a while back that the scan showed no problem so what exactly is a doctor supposed to operate on? The only way to treat it would be to pretend to operate but that would be unethical and no doctor would agree to it so we're stuck with this impasse that's entering it's sixth month!
He had a fucking chipped vertebrae! Must have been those pesky brain neurones firing so hard that caused a bit of bone to magically fracture off of his spinal column.

I just don't get where the persistent motivation for criticism comes from in these cases...

We're not talking Vlad, Fazio and Paulinho levels of lame where we're being cost goals/points most weeks... We're talking a player who had been on form prior to his absence and had been progressively improving since overcoming a troublesome 1st season (regardless of his fitness... Look at the state we were in following the arrival of the Bale-Sale-7!).

Anyone would think we were trying to pitch Mark Fookin Noble as an adequate rotation with Eriksen, FFS!
I don't know about nw1 as he is new on here but many people who slated him when he first arrived I think just don't want to lose face. Desperate to be proved write, can't take being made to look a fool yet again since slagging off Rose, Kane, Walker, Eriksen, Dembele...............

Biggest load of nonsense I've read on here in a while.

He was in the team and performing when he got injured.

He had a fucking chipped vertebrae! Must have been those pesky brain neurones firing so hard that caused a bit of bone to magically fracture off of his spinal column.

Which doctors supposedly missed here and miraculously was discovered in Rome? It didn't add up at the time and this latest saga confirms that. To sort these issues out he needs something like cognitive behavioral therapy. I feel sorry for the guy but we have to put the club first and he needs to be moved on and it seems likely he's played his last game for the club.

I recall Gibbs' modus operandi revolved around an unhealthy dislike of Modric. Even when he first joined here he constantly pasted in articles about how Modric was voted the worst signing in the world by Madrid fans and it proved he was right the whole time etc...

Back
Top Bottom